2 Curtis Lofton ILB Oklahoma
3 Jordy Nelson WR Kansas St
4 John Carlson TE ND
4 Chad Rinehart, OG Northern Iowa
6 Adrian Arrington WR Mich
6 Kevin O'connell QB San Diego
7 Jason Shirley NT Fresno St
7 Jack Ikewuwgu (*Sp) CB Wisconson

i think it address's our main needs, with a possible 5 or six starters right away. i took two WR cuz we need some help here and i really lik eNelson and Arrington is a sleeper (IMO). Rinehart is a beast blocking for the run (helping ronnie out alot) and the reason he is down so low is cuz of his school. Ikewuwgu (sp) is a 2 round talent that will miss th entire season but could be a starter the season after. shirley would be great depth at NT

#1 CHRIS LONG DE VIRGINIA - jt + zt = CL
#32 DAN CONNER MLB PENN -what a steal
#57 SAM BAKER OT USC - all american T
#64 TERRELL THOMAS DB USC- shut down db
#100 BRAD COTTAM TE TENN - size and size
#195 JONATHAN HEFNEY S TENN- speed, nickle db
#204 ROBERT FELTON G ARK- sleeper!
#208 BARRY RICHARDSON OT CLEMSON- another T
#245 XAVIER LEE QB FSU- DEFINATELy a project QB (wasted pick, so what)

believe in drafting bpa on a 1-15 team, so . . .

1. jake long (i wish for darren mcfadden)
2a. kenny phillips
2b. early ducet
3. kellen davis
4. trevor laws
6a. mike hart
6b. jacob hester
7a. matt flynn
7b. somebody from the U

i think you take bpa and plug in "need" when you have a team close enough to contend.

#1 CHRIS LONG DE VIRGINIA - jt + zt = CL
#32 DAN CONNER MLB PENN -what a steal
#57 SAM BAKER OT USC - all american T
#64 TERRELL THOMAS DB USC- shut down db
#100 BRAD COTTAM TE TENN - size and size
#195 JONATHAN HEFNEY S TENN- speed, nickle db
#204 ROBERT FELTON G ARK- sleeper!
#208 BARRY RICHARDSON OT CLEMSON- another T
#245 XAVIER LEE QB FSU- DEFINATELy a project QB (wasted pick, so what)

Xavier Lee, probably the most overrated HS recruit in recent memory. I don't know who ever thought he could be a QB:rolleyes2:

C.Long
trading both 2nd rounders to Cleveland for Brady Quinn!!!!!
3rd round Mike Hart BR Michigan

NICE!!!!!

The REAL SlipperySoap is FINALLY back. This soap the last couple days kinda dissapointed me. I found his new found faith in Johnny disturbing. :lol:

2a. kenny phillips
2b. early ducet
3. kellen davis
4. trevor laws
6a. mike hart
6b. jacob hester
7a. matt flynn
7b. somebody from the U

i think you take bpa and plug in "need" when you have a team close enough to contend.

i like your thinking with the 7th pick lol.....:hi5:

2a. kenny phillips
2b. early ducet
3. kellen davis
4. trevor laws
6a. mike hart
6b. jacob hester
7a. matt flynn
7b. somebody from the U

I like the BPA approach, but just wanted to point out that its highly unlikely Trevor Laws will be available at the top of round 4 as his stock is rising and some (if not most) have him as a mid to late 2nd rounder.

1. Chris Long DE Virginia

2a. Anthony Collins OT Kansas

2b. Tracy Porter CB Indiana - or Best Corner Available. If corners drop Flowers or Cason would be nice here.

3. Xavier Adibi LB Va Tech - He'll play ILB, he filled in nicely at Va Tech when Hall went down. He's got great size and speed for ILB in a 3-4. Also good cover skills and hands for a LB.

4. Kellen Davis TE Michigan State - Great combination of Size and speed. He looked like the most complete TE at the combine. Was underused at Mich St. Primarily a Blocked TE and played some DE too. Gotta love his athleticism. Martellus Bennet could work here too.

6a. John Greco G Toledo Has great feet and blocks well in space. Played T at Toledo but will be moved to guard at the pro level. Could be a steal and a solid starter in the NFL. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/johngreco.html

6b. Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

7a. Zack Bowman CB Nebraska - Has been injured. Had he been able to stay healthy he would have a 1st round grade. Using a 7th on him is okay because it's a low risk/High Reward type pick.

7b. Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma St. - Another Low Risk/High Reward pick. He too could have been a top rated talent in the draft had it not been for off-field issues. BP will get this kid in shape and if he doesn't, then we only used a 7th round pick on him.

1. (1) Jake Long, OT, Michigan - We need to address the oline more than any other position. Long is a stud. He's not Joe Thomas but is better than guys like D.Ferguson, L.Brown, and other recent top five tackles (imo). Worst case scenario is he can't play LT at an elite level and we're stuck with an Pro bowl RT or above average Lt for the next 12 or so years. I could live with that.

2. (32) Dan Connor, ILB, Penn St. - If Connor drops, theres no way we can pass on him. The best LB in the draft. Nobody can replace Zach, but Connor would do a heck of a job trying. Quentin Groves and Antoine Cason would also be very tempting picks here but I went with who I see as a "sure thing".

2. (57) Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana - Its probably wishful thinking wanting Porter here. There is a chance he'll drop to us though so i'm going with him. Porter is a great cover corner with excellent speed. He reminds me a lot of Will Allen except that Porter makes more plays. He's got great hands and instincts and is a playmaking machine. Also one of the best returners available. Curtis Lofton would also get consideration here.

3. (64) Dustin Keller, TE, Pudue- Keller is the most complete TE in the draft. He's athletic enough to put at WR and would provide a great target. He's a decent blocker with excellent strength and intangibles. I only see upside from this guy and we'd be lucky to get him. Phillip Wheeler would definately be my pick here if we are unable to get Connor or Lofton at ILB.

4. (100) Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas St. - Nelson has great size and is the type of smart, tough wr Parcell's likes. His stats last season were insane (122rec / 1,606yds / 11tds). Doesn't have elite speed but is quick and elusive and knows how to get open. Also an above average blocker. He's still a raw player but could really be steal at this point. Would try to get some oline help in Tony Hills or John Greco if Nelson is gone.

6. (195) Kevin O'Connell, QB, San Diego St. - He has great size, speed, and atleticism for a LB. The guy can also make all the throws, including on the run. He needs some development with his accuracy and decision making but is good value if he drops to us in the 6th.

6. (204) Chad Rinehart, OG, Northern Iowa - Small school player who could easily prove to be a steal. He has great size and is a hell of a run blocker. You can't move this guy. He lacks great footwork but that can be fixed.

7. (208) Kroy Biermann, OLB, Montana - Division1-AA defensive player of the year. 70 tkls, 18.5 for a loss, and 16 sacks!! Of course those stats are bloated because he played in a weaker division but he was a man among boys. He's the type of strong, physical, and hard working player that Parcell's covets. Miami has talked with him and he'd be a great fit at OLB in a 3-4 defense. I really hope we get this guy!

7. (245) Frank Morton, NT, Tulane - Probably the most underrated player in this years draft. Morton was an absolute beast in college. He's incredibly quick for a 327lb man and made a career of taking on two blockers. If only he'd played for a better team, maybe people would be talking more about him. Morton would be excellent depth at NT and I honestly think he'll be an eventual starter for which ever team is lucky enough to get him.

i cant speak for the later rounds since i dont know all the names...but Miami can do 3 things, draft and completely fix their offense.....draft and completely fix their defense.....or draft both and get a little better on both sides. If they choose to do offense like they did last year, id say:

R1: Jake Long...RT.
2a: Limas Sweed or Mario Manningham....WR.
2b: Fred Davis...TE.
R3: Jeremy Zuttah....OG.
R4: Craig Stevens....TE (a superior blocking TE)

Right there, our offense just got much better, by getting our franchise OT, getting another set of hands at WR, and a good target at TE, along with an excellent run blocking TE, and a guy who can compete with Drew Mormino and Liwenski for the other OG spot.

Or they could go defense:

R1: Chris Long....DE
2a: Dan Connor or Curtis Lofton....LB.
2b: Charles Godfrey....CB.
R3: Red Bryant....DT.
R4: Jamie Silva or Caleb Campbell....SS.

By doing this, u get a good pass rush with Long and Lofton...a good cover CB and a run stuffing Red Bryant...along with Silva OR Campbell to compete with Bell for SS.

All of those guys can make an impact on Day 1 too. So which set do u prefer? Id rather take offense, but thats just me. Beck needs some support or else he'll never succeed here.

1st Round (1) - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2nd Round (32) - Dan Connor, ILB, Penn St.
2nd Round (57) - Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
3rd Round (64) - John Greco, OG, Toledo
4th Round (100) - Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas
6th Round (195) - Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton
6th Round (204) - Caleb Campbell, SS, Army
7th Round (208) - Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah State
7th Round (245) - Justin McKinney, CB, Kansas State

Heres mine:
1. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The supreme offensive tackle in this class, he can play both tackle slots and with very little urgency to fix the line in free agency and a major drop off at tackle in the second and third round this becomes the most logical selection, Jake can anchor our line for years to come.
2a. Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn
Second to only Gholston as a pass rusher Groves might not be Parcell’s Lawrence Taylor but he will be a great replacement for Jason Taylor weather it is this year or next year.
2b. Justin King, CB, Penn St.
He may have the biggest upside of any player in this draft class, I’ve seen him go as high as late first and as late as round 4, if he is off the board our best option is likely Patrick Lee of Auburn or the next best corner available.
3. Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M
Massive frame and probably the best blocker in this class, if he fails to fall this far then Carlson would be a fine conselation prize.
4. Ezra Butler, ILB, Nevada
A big bodied linebacker in Parcell’s mold, great instincts. I would prefer Goff but he is unlikely to fall this fall.
6a. Shannon Tevega, G, UCLA
This pick completes the starting offensive line, he is a big body and in a deep guard class is a quality pick up this late.
6b. Matt Flynn, QB, LSU
I like Ryan O’Hara but Flynn has played against top competition, has prototypic size, mobility and could develop in to a compotent starter. He isn’t as much of a project as O’Hara would be.
7a. Ryan Grice-Mullen, WR, Hawaii
With Wilford on board and assuming Ginn establishes himself as a #1 GM would be a good fit in the slot, as big a fan I am of Hagan (I actually am) he doesn’t fit there in my eyes.
7b. Tony Joiner, S, Florida
Solid addition to our safety corpse in the case that Bell doesn’t recover from ACL surgery.
7c. Bryan Mattison, DL, Iowa
Great motor and fits the the 3-4 perfectly, unrelentless pass rusher.

nando: adibi has great size for a pee wee football team, hes about 220, far too small for the inside.

Heres mine:
The supreme offensive tackle in this class, he can play both tackle slots and with very little urgency to fix the line in free agency and a major drop off at tackle in the second and third round this becomes the most logical selection, Jake can anchor our line for years to come.
Second to only Gholston as a pass rusher Groves might not be Parcell’s Lawrence Taylor but he will be a great replacement for Jason Taylor weather it is this year or next year.
He may have the biggest upside of any player in this draft class, I’ve seen him go as high as late first and as late as round 4, if he is off the board our best option is likely Patrick Lee of Auburn or the next best corner available.
Massive frame and probably the best blocker in this class, if he fails to fall this far then Carlson would be a fine conselation prize.
A big bodied linebacker in Parcell’s mold, great instincts. I would prefer Goff but he is unlikely to fall this fall.
This pick completes the starting offensive line, he is a big body and in a deep guard class is a quality pick up this late.
6b. Matt Flynn, QB, LSU
I like Ryan O’Hara but Flynn has played against top competition, has prototypic size, mobility and could develop in to a compotent starter. He isn’t as much of a project as O’Hara would be.
With Wilford on board and assuming Ginn establishes himself as a #1 GM would be a good fit in the slot, as big a fan I am of Hagan (I actually am) he doesn’t fit there in my eyes.
Solid addition to our safety corpse in the case that Bell doesn’t recover from ACL surgery.

nando: adibi has great size for a pee wee football team, hes about 220, far too small for the inside.

nice draft but we need a starting gaurd so i wouldnt take a te and pick a guard with our pick in the third. matt flynn is garbage, and this is coming from a LSU fan that watched every game last season, not an NFL qb. also i am totaly against taking any wr from hawaii. other than those points extreamly solid draft

Heres mine:
6b. Matt Flynn, QB, LSU

At just under 6'2" and 235 he's almost the same size as Channing Crowder. Crowder is 6' 2" 245.

I see him and Crowder as being two athletic MLB's. Plus he'd have a year to get ready to be a starter behind Crowder and Joey P. I don't think it will be that hard for him to put on 10 lbs or so. the NFL Strength coaches would get him where he needs to be.

1- J.Long (OT)
2- L.Sweed (WR)
2- J.King (CB)
3- B.Cottam (TE)
4- M.McGlynn (OG)
The rest- projects and guys coming off severe injury that might not play this year but were rated pretty high.

Back
Top Bottom