Your NEW NYJets Nightmare | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your NEW NYJets Nightmare

Hold up, wasn't jet nation just saying how Ratliff was outplaying Chad and Kellen in TC camp last year? Now that he's not on your team anymore he's not the sleeper QB you guys thought he was. Gotta love Jet fans who crown their players gods until they don't play for them anymore.

Ratliff may very well turn out to be a good QB. I just don't see how you can proclaim him a good prospect while calling Mark Sanchez a bust. Where's the logic?

yea you guys got a good QB but we now have a even better secondary so if the legandary Brett Farve couldnt beat us i doubt a rookie QB can

Apples and oranges my man. Fact is, drafting QB's in the first round is very dangerous business. You can try and cover that up with the belief that this guy is a savior but the fact still remains. Of the last 18 QB's drafted in the first round, 11 of those are 100% busts; 2 are questionable; and 5 are home runs.

I'm not saying Sanchez will be a bust, but you're rolling the dice BIG TIME here. You take Sanchez at 5 overall and we take Henne at fifty-whatever. If Henne doesn't pan out then he doesn't pan out. Big deal. We cut him and move on. Now, if Sanchez busts, you can't cut him. You gave up a lot for him and look at the money you're about to pay this dude in this economy. You're not going to cut a guy that you're giving a guaranteed $25 million or whatever to. That's a very expensive mistake. Same thing goes for the Lions and Stafford. Mark Sanchez not panning out will set the Jets back a couple of years. Look at the Lions and Joey Harrington. Look at the 49ers and Alex Smith.

Again, I'm not saying Mark Sanchez will be a bust, all I'm saying is that this is a very very risky move by the Jets. I like Sanchez. I think he's a great player and he seems to carry himself well. I'm still not sold on his experience, though. When you look at his college career you can't help but wonder why he couldn't beat out John David Booty. He won every game at home he was supposed to but he struggled on the road even in small venues. I think Sanchez will be a good player but I don't see him reaching elite NFL status.

I agree. I have no problem taking Sanchez but its a lot different then the Dolphins taking Henne.

I agree that it was a risky move but the Jets have played it safe for decades and it has gotten them nowhere. I'm OK with the move they made, if it doesn't work out they will continue in mediocrity for a few more years. How is that any different than the last 40 years or so? Until we find stability at QB we'll continue being an 8-8/10-6 team at best. We've been looking for that stability since Namath.

Also, where are you getting that Sanchez struggled on the road?

@ Virginia: 338 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, Win
@ Oregon State: 227 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, Loss
@ Washington State: 253 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INT, Win
@ Arizona: 216 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, Win
@ Standford: 135 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, Win
@ UCLA: 268 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, Win

If anything his only multiple INT games of the season came at home.

These stats are deceptive. His best game was easily against Virginia statistically and tangibly. But c'mon, we're talking about Virginia and the ACC. We all seen the Oregon State game where he and the Trojans were largely awful until late in the game. Washington State lol? They're not even a real football team. Didn't they lose every game this past season? Arizona is a REAL defense. Take a look at that game. 216 yards on the road against a real defense. Yeah, USC won and that is largely due to their stellar defense. Stanford...you gotta throw for more than 135 yards. A lot of yards on the ground but you gotta exploit those awful PAC-10 defenses. And UCLA is technically a home game. Not a terrible game on the road against UCLA but it could have been a lot better. None of these games were really awful with the exception of the loss at Oregon State, but there is certainly signs of struggle.

And if you really want something to be concerned about, take a look at the draft here...

#15 Houston Texans: Brian Cushing
#26 Green Bay Packers: Clay Matthews
#34 New England Patriots: Patrick Chung
#38 Cincinatti Bengales: Rey Maualuga
#42 Buffalo Bills: Jarius Byrd

To me this says a lot about the defensive NFL talent Sanchez was facing in the PAC-10. Seems to me the best defense he seen all year was the one in practice.

If sanchez is a franchise QB, it was a good move by the Jets if he isnt one then the move was a mistake. Time will tell.

Hold up, wasn't jet nation just saying how Ratliff was outplaying Chad and Kellen in TC camp last year? Now that he's not on your team anymore he's not the sleeper QB you guys thought he was. Gotta love Jet fans who crown their players gods until they don't play for them anymore.
Exactly. Like I've said before, Sanchez has bust written all over him. As does Stafford, and especially Freeman imo.

Ratliff is a good QB prospect and Sanchez is a bust? Come on now.

We traded a second rounder, an undrafted FA at QB, a starting DE in name only, and a nice role player in Elam to move up from the 17th pick to the 5th pick in the draft. Thats not a bad trade.

Sanchez might be a bust but so could anybody taken in the draft. Only time will tell.
I agree. I liked Ratliff though. I just think Sanchez, Stafford, and Freeman all have bust written on them. Just my opinion of course.

wow worst trade of the draft u got ripped off haha

How exactly did we get ripped off? We essnetially moved from 17 to 5 by giving up a 2nd rd pick. The players were all expendable players. The trade itself was a steal, now the question is will Sanchez fulfill expectations? I couldn't be happier right now w/ what the Jets did.

I like Ratliff and he is a good prospect but one of our QBs became expendable moving up to draft Sanchez so that's not a big deal.

Me have a nightmare? Not at all. You guys traded a 2nd rounder, your starting DE, a good QB prospect in Ratliff, and a backup safety, to draft a bust in Sanchez? Good job!
Kenyon Coleman doesn't fit Rex Ryans defense. Douglas was going to start, so we gave up 3 nobodies and a 2nd rounder for a franchise QB. Unproven yes, but I believe he will be a franchise QB. Elam is terrible in coverage, and Ratliff is no better than Clemens.

I love dolphin fans who for years have told us how great AJ feeley, daunte culpepper, trent green, Cleo lemon, John Beck and now Chad henne will be. You guys were spoiled for decades w/ maybe the best QB of all time and you know what a great one looks like but it's been so long I think you forgot so pardon me for not trusting dolphin fan opinions on QBs. Oh yeah, you also told us for year how Chad Pennington sucks:lol2:

LOL I see nyjunc is still trying to fight the good fight. Keep up the good work nyjunc hahaha.

I cant wait for Porter to break Dirty Sanchez' face.

All I know is hes a better long term option than Chad Henne. I LOVED the pick, I think hes going to be really good.

:lol:
He better be considering the jits gave up a total of 5 players for him!

I think it is hilarious that the jest fan base is annoiting this guy the rookie of the year award along with hoisting a lombardi in Feb....

HITF is Sanchez a better option than C Henne?

WTF has this kid done to even be compared to any qb in the NFL?

Other than in a jersey jit fans wet dream..

Marino1983

I love dolphin fans who for years have told us how great AJ feeley, daunte culpepper, trent green, Cleo lemon, John Beck and now Chad henne will be. You guys were spoiled for decades w/ maybe the best QB of all time and you know what a great one looks like but it's been so long I think you forgot so pardon me for not trusting dolphin fan opinions on QBs. Oh yeah, you also told us for year how Chad Pennington sucks:lol2:

Yeah and isn't it sooooooo interesting that Penny was the answer until favre became the jits wet dream....
Now Chad sucks and is proclaimed as noodle arm since he has worn a Dolphins uniform..
Now a season later Sanchez is the jit fan base new god...

Poor OLD B Favre...

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom