Your NEW NYJets Nightmare | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your NEW NYJets Nightmare

But Leinart lacks the poise and the acurracy of a Pennington.

Chad's weak arm led a 1-15 football team to a division title. Remember. :d-day:

I will always defend Chad, he has been underrated for years(when he is healthy) BUT Leinart hasn't had a chance yet. keep in mind that in '06 and '07 he started 16 games and warner started 16 games and Ari had a better record in games started by Leinart so the book isn't written on him just yet.

I think this was a good move by the Jets. They didn't give up too many picks to get Sanchez. The part that would worry me is that he only had 16 starts. Sanchez is probably going to be pretty raw this year and going up against some good defenses. Jets better have a good QB coach to help him mature as a QB.

That said I think our defense is going to abuse him this year. Our DB's are going to pick him off and Joey Porter is going to give him the hard hello.

I think this was a good move by the Jets. They didn't give up too many picks to get Sanchez. The part that would worry me is that he only had 16 starts. Sanchez is probably going to be pretty raw this year and going up against some good defenses. Jets better have a good QB coach to help him mature as a QB.

That said I think our defense is going to abuse him this year. Our DB's are going to pick him off and Joey Porter is going to give him the hard hello.

I just found out that Flacco only had 26 starts at Delaware, that's really not much more than Sanchez had at USC and Sanchez played at the highest level. I think the 16 starts issue is overblown a bit.

I just found out that Flacco only had 26 starts at Delaware, that's really not much more than Sanchez had at USC and Sanchez played at the highest level. I think the 16 starts issue is overblown a bit.

The reason why Ryan and Flacco are such anomalies is b/c what they did is unheard of. The chances that Stafford, Sanchez and even Freeman will succeed are good but the chance is always there for failure.

Hell it applies to any player regardless of how they performed in college. It doesn't always translate over into the NFL.

The reason why Ryan and Flacco are such anomalies is b/c what they did is unheard of. The chances that Stafford, Sanchez and even Freeman will succeed are good but the chance is always there for failure.

Hell it applies to any player regardless of how they performed in college. It doesn't always translate over into the NFL.

I don't expect Sanchez to have a Flacco-Ryan type impact in year 1, I expect he'll be good when he develops but we'll see.

Sanchez doesn't have that awesome Baltimore defense to bail him out. Even Peyton Manning wasn't a super star his first year. I'm not especially scared of the Jets yet. We'll see their Sanchez with a Pennington and raise with Henne and White. I think we'll have the more consistent offense this year.

Tough call. He has alot of upside, but he is definatly going to have growing pains. My money is on a slow start, and the NY media and fans running him out of town before he gets the chance to reach his full potential. I really hope I am right, because if I am wrong, he could torment us for a while.

Sanchez doesn't have that awesome Baltimore defense to bail him out. Even Peyton Manning wasn't a super star his first year. I'm not especially scared of the Jets yet. We'll see their Sanchez with a Pennington and raise with Henne and White. I think we'll have the more consistent offense this year.

The likelihood is we won't have a D as good as Bal's BUT this D has all the pieces in place to be a top 5 type defense- most of the pieces in place. Unless Gholston develops we don't have a Suggs-type pass rusher. Ellis was a very good pass rusher but his career is winding down. We have the dominant NT, excellent ILBs, good pass rushing OLBs, a shutdown corner, a top Safety and a great defensive mind. We'll see what happens, I feel really good about our D.

Chad is better than sanchez right now w/o a doubt BUT for the future I'll take Sanchez over anything you have.

Tough call. He has alot of upside, but he is definatly going to have growing pains. My money is on a slow start, and the NY media and fans running him out of town before he gets the chance to reach his full potential. I really hope I am right, because if I am wrong, he could torment us for a while.

He has to have growing pains, every QB goes through it. My expectations are not high for this year. I hope the media and fans realize he is a rookie and cut him some slack b/c he will struggle at times.

thats a whole another season dude I think thats a hugee deal

The likelihood is we won't have a D as good as Bal's BUT this D has all the pieces in place to be a top 5 type defense- most of the pieces in place. Unless Gholston develops we don't have a Suggs-type pass rusher. Ellis was a very good pass rusher but his career is winding down. We have the dominant NT, excellent ILBs, good pass rushing OLBs, a shutdown corner, a top Safety and a great defensive mind. We'll see what happens, I feel really good about our D.

Chad is better than sanchez right now w/o a doubt BUT for the future I'll take Sanchez over anything you have.

wrong again Henne is better then Sanchez, White is debateable I'm not sure how he will fair I really like the kid though. but Henne has a cannon for an arm I see him as the type of QB who can win a game himself. I can't say that for Sanchez

wrong again Henne is better then Sanchez, White is debateable I'm not sure how he will fair I really like the kid though. but Henne has a cannon for an arm I see him as the type of QB who can win a game himself. I can't say that for Sanchez

:lol: If you say so. We have a better version of Chad Henne in mark Sanchez and our own pat White(a more versailte Pat White) in Brad Smith.

If henne can win games by himself whu couldn't he beat App State at home while at Michigan? How come he could never beat OSU? Henne may turn out to be good but I think he's the next Feely, Lemon, Beck,... We don't know for sure who will be better but I think most objective observers would rather start w/ Sanchez than henne.

another season at a div II school. I'd rather have 16 starts at the highest level than 26 at Delaware.

maybe if your talking ACC or SEC but I just don't respect the Pac-10, besides USC who has a good team?

Back
Top Bottom