Your point of view on beating the Ravens... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your point of view on beating the Ravens...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Ok so how do we beat the ravens.....I think our defense can beat there offense......But how do we beat there defense any suggestions????:confused:

I think we have to take R Lewis out of the middle somehow.

Pound the middle,wear down the fat slob's,they fade in the late 3rd and fourth quarter's.But you have to be cosistant.
The goose is to slow(ie retirement)and the muderer can't get to the ball as much!

Pound the ball in the middle,don't give up doing this and the passing game will ignite.
Woodson will bite hard on anything if you set him up and Carnell Lake is to slow to cover the deep middle if you disguise it alittle!!

A big way to keep Lewis and the other LBs honest would be to go to our TE or FB often, and early. Some screen passes if exectuted correctly will keep the d-linemen from all out pass rushing us. The last thing is we have to just out perform their corners with our wrs. Their D is suseptable to the big play, so if Chambers and Mcknight can come up w/some big catches on deep passes it will open up things underneath. Most importantly our defense has to out play theirs, and make more big plays.

I agree with both of you. Pound Lamar to keep them honest, then:

• hit deep Jed Weaver over the middle
  • throw lots of screens and dump passes to Minor
  • throw to Konrad in the flat on 1st down
  • and throw deep to CC

I think we will have to have a good game from Feidler to win.We can almost count Lamar out.IMO we will have to spread the feild, and give them a dose or two of screens.(in hopes to bring Ray all over the feild)If we stay vanilla in our attempts to run the ball,we wont get much.Lamar played well last week,but he has much more convincing to do.

IMO we can not wear out their DL and R.Lewis by running straight up their throats.(How many times have we been successful at that this year?)That is easily said coming from a fan who watches J.Bettis every week.

Originally posted by va dolfan
I think we will have to have a good game from Feidler to win.We can almost count Lamar out.IMO we will have to spread the feild, and give them a dose or two of screens.(in hopes to bring Ray all over the feild)If we stay vanilla in our attempts to run the ball,we wont get much.Lamar played well last week,but he has much more convincing to do.

Actully I think we have to keep the running game simple. Baltimore has to much speed to try to beet them w/tosses, sweeps, or draws. You have to run right at them, and hope your line can hang in there w/them or your back can break a tackle. I think this is all for not though, the difference of this game will be what Jay Feidler shows up. If he throws 3 ints in this game we will lose. Our defense giving us the ball w/good feild postion will be the other factor if we have to drive 80 yards on them all game its all over.

Va Fin,
Look we play them twice a year every year and yes,I think that if you pound them you got the game.
Don't be intimidated by these fatties,that's just what they want!
They WILL weaken if you pound them and like I said the murderer can't get to the runner!!!

Tell me why you can't wear them down??

I am not saying that we should never run up the gut.I just don't think we are gonna beat them this way.What GOOD defense have we run successfully on?None.Not many teams run well on the Ravens.I don't view our team as the team to do it.Can we beat the Ravens?Yes.Will we with a Jimmy Johnson type approach?I doubt it.

One way is by air. Our corners have struggled a little bit, but are turning it around. But this d is coming on strong. The only way you will beat us will be special teams. Or if you can rattle Elvis.

Just be careful, if you rattle Elvis too hard, Randall comes in.

Now do you see what I mean about totally classless Steeler fans. The funny part about it, is, that the moron doesn't understand that he is making himself and all other Steeler fans look like fools.

If you watched the Steelers on the Sunday night game where they dominated the Ravens defense, follow their plan. First of all their is no taking Ray out of the game. Like him or not he is the best LB in the game. He had 17 tackles against the Steelers. The Steelers did not have the Bus, instead they used Zereoue on the outside and draw plays. Kordell attacked their corners deep. Plaxico had 160 receiving yards.
On defense, I can not see Terry Allen doing what he did to Minn. Blitz Elvis and he will make mistakes. The biggest weapon is Sharpe. Their WRs are mediocre at best. Shut down that running game and do not turn the ball over. The Dolphins will win. The Steelers made it look easy, but I don't see Fiedler playing as well as Kordell. Good luck. Maybe we will get you in 2 weeks.

pat1960

sounds like plan to me :D Jay can play as well as Kordell on occasion. Kordell won his trip to Hawaii on that Raven game.

Hell if you watch any ratbird game you'll see that all the murderer has to do is fall by the pile and he get's credit for a tackle.He's talented but far from the best LB in the league!
The rat's know thier done,jump on them early and often and the running game IS THE KEY it open's all other posiblities!

ratbird dave the communist,

What gets me about you rats is you genuinly think your a good football team!Get over it you 1 hit wonder last year,it was a complete fluke!
As I said before and I'm just stating the FACT'S!!!

Kordell and the STEELERS finished last season on a winning streak and continued that trend into this year.Now if we had'nt recieved 3, that's THREE apology letter's from the NFL for referee mistaked call's that cost us ALL THREE GAMES we would have made the playoff's and more than likely the ratbirds history would have been rewitten in the loser colume where they truly belong!!!

Back
Top Bottom