Your Pre-Combine REALISTIC top 5 at 14. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Pre-Combine REALISTIC top 5 at 14.

what exactly would eli harold play for miami??? thats the classic tweener...wants to play coming forward with his hand in the dirt all the time off the edge but too light to play a 43 de in anything other than a situational rusher who lacks serious polish even as that and as a move to an off the los lb in a 43 would be a complete projection

in our d thats not a fit...think fellas

i'm sure harolds gonna try his hand as a 34 olb or at least try and sell it...

Yeah, I don't think you could draft Harold and count on him contributing in a 43 for a while tile he bulks up. But he is already getting bigger, he's now at 250 and will add some by the combine, you can bet. He's in Olivier Vernon territory at that stage.

Yeah, I don't think you could draft Harold and count on him contributing in a 43 for a while tile he bulks up. But he is already getting bigger, he's now at 250 and will add some by the combine, you can bet. He's in Olivier Vernon territory at that stage.

i dont see the body for that weight with harold to be carried well...i mean vernons 260 plus...at some point you start scraping the athlete...

Shane Ray is currently sitting at #6 in my matrix but I only have ratings from 4 publications. Not everyone has their top 100 big board out yet.

1. Leonard Williams (high of 2, low of 2)
2. Marcus Mariota (high 5, low 1)
3. Jameis Winston (high 6, low 1)
4. Randy Gregory (high 5, low 3)
5. Amari Cooper (high 6, low 4)
6. Shane Ray (high 10, low 5)
7. Brandon Scherff (high 15, low 3)
8. Vic Beasley (high 11, low 7)
9. Landon Collins (high 17, low 7)
10. Dante Fowler (high 14, low 9)
11. DeVante Parker (high 16, low 12)
12. Andrus Peat (high 17, low 11)
13. Cedric Ogbuehi (high 20, low 11)
14. Melvin Gordon (high 22, low 6)
15. Ereck Flowers (high 28, low 9)
16. Ronnie Stanley (high 27, low 8)
17. Trae Waynes (high 23, low 12)
18. Kevin White (high 22, low 15)
19. Danny Shelton (high 24, low 15)
20. Eddie Goldman (high 28, low 18)

I need to update the list and see if any of the other publications have come out with their big board yet. I've got 458 names on it so far. CBSSports.com and Drafttek.com have the most extensive rankings right now.

stop using other peoples boards ...you're a guru for gods sakes :lol:

in this class ray should go top 5 top 10 worst case...just too explosive too much of a get off and that kids motor runs hot...i have a feeling 3 years from now there's gonna be a lot of fail in this class though with top 20 picks...i'm not putting ray in that group though provided they let him hunt

after leonard williams ray should be the next pass rusher off the board...that's the way i see it...they both should be top 6 guys...

i dont see the body for that weight with harold to be carried well...i mean vernons 260 plus...at some point you start scraping the athlete...

No, no, I don't disagree with you on this. Harold looks like he isn't far off his limit. But I don't think 4-3 DE is completely out of the question, even if 34 rush OLB is the far clearer option.

stop using other peoples boards ...you're a guru for gods sakes :lol:

in this class ray should go top 5 top 10 worst case...just too explosive too much of a get off and that kids motor runs hot...i have a feeling 3 years from now there's gonna be a lot of fail in this class though with top 20 picks...i'm not putting ray in that group though provided they let him hunt

I use 10 site rankings to make up the matrix just to get an idea of what some players values might be come draft time. Right now everything is fluid since not all underclassman have announced. I do my own evaluations on positions I think the Dolphins need first then if there's time I look at other positions.

I think this draft has better talent than the 2013 draft but yeah if that list stays true then there will be some guys that bust.

No, no, I don't disagree with you on this. Harold looks like he isn't far off his limit. But I don't think 4-3 DE is completely out of the question, even if 34 rush OLB is the far clearer option.

ok i think if its 43 de its situational rusher type stuff...just not enough lead in the pants imo otherwise

what exactly would eli harold play for miami??? thats the classic tweener...wants to play coming forward with his hand in the dirt all the time off the edge but too light to play a 43 de in anything other than a situational rusher who lacks serious polish even as that and as a move to an off the los lb in a 43 would be a complete projection

in our d thats not a fit...think fellas

i'm sure harolds gonna try his hand as a 34 olb or at least try and sell it...

Since you're a VA guy what do you think of the other guy Max Valles? I've barely given Harold a look. I'm trying to finish up the offensive side of the ball first.. Sign me up for Maxx Williams at #46 if he is there. Hell based on the board I would take him at #14. Reminds me of Shockey and Heath Miller. I like him even more than I liked Travis Kelce

Since you're a VA guy what do you think of the other guy Max Valles? I've barely given Harold a look. I'm trying to finish up the offensive side of the ball first.. Sign me up for Maxx Williams at #46 if he is there. Hell based on the board I would take him at #14. Reminds me of Shockey and Heath Miller. I like him even more than I liked Travis Kelce

I clearly need to watch a lot more Maxx Williams, I haven't seen the same player everyone else is so hyped about.

Every year there is a favorite player I would like to see Miami draft.

In 2012, it was Luke Kuechly, 2013 it was Keenan Allen, 2014 it was Zack Martin.

Maxx Williams is that player this year.

Every year there is a favorite player I would like to see Miami draft.

In 2012, it was Luke Kuechly, 2013 it was Keenan Allen, 2014 it was Zack Martin.

Maxx Williams is that player this year.

I was actually incredibly high on all 3 of those guys as well.

But the Maxx Williams hype I'm just not seeing yet, hopefully someone puts up more tape, seems I'm the only one who isn't on board. I think he's a solid player, but I haven't seen the dominating factor in any area of his game that warrants the 14th pick.

5. Dorial Green-Beckham if we think we can reign in any off-field issues.
4. Devin Funchess
3. Devante Parker
2. Kevin White
1. Melvin Gordon (hard one to project, but easily a first-rounder who I think has a 50/50 chance of falling to us)

I know this is offensive-centric (particularly skill position players), but I just think when you look at players who will be coming back healthy next year and my honest opinion as a Sparty fan that Waynes has more flaws to his game than people realize, this is who I see us getting the best value and difference-making ability from. Shaq Thompson is my #6.

I would focus on our top five needs over specific players:

1. WR: White, Parker, Strong or Funchess

2. DT: Goldman, Shelton or Armstead

3. RB: Melvin Gordon

4. CB: Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Ekpre Olumo

5. LB: Shaq Thompson, Kendricks

Right now if I was the Phins GM I would add another big weapon.....Kevin White at WR or Gordon at RB.

I am along these lines as well but there are a couple of things I am considering:

1. The Philbin effect of not playing rookies so last years guys Tripp, Mccain at LB plays into my mindset for that spot but ILB holds alot more weight IMO which is one thing that makes me think Hickey will look to trade down if able. Jordon as well as OLB. Coyle will really disturb people next year including myself if he stays set in his ways.

2. Walt Aikens was moved to Safety at beginning of season and I am thinking they will move him back and we go for a hidden position of need and that is FS. Henceforth guys like Holliman might end up in Hickey's picture.

3. WR is now a hot spot IMO because of Wallace and finally....

4. Free Agency. No body really knows who we will go after on a cap that is pressed with re-organization.

5. Dorial Green-Beckham if we think we can reign in any off-field issues.
4. Devin Funchess
3. Devante Parker
2. Kevin White
1. Melvin Gordon (hard one to project, but easily a first-rounder who I think has a 50/50 chance of falling to us)

I know this is offensive-centric (particularly skill position players), but I just think when you look at players who will be coming back healthy next year and my honest opinion as a Sparty fan that Waynes has more flaws to his game than people realize, this is who I see us getting the best value and difference-making ability from. Shaq Thompson is my #6.

I'm on the DGB bandwagon...I'm actually now leaning towards a tradedown picking up some extra day 2 picks and Grabbing this guy.

The more tape I watch, the more mocks I look at, the more in depth I look at this draft, the better I feel about drafting Gordon in the 1st rnd.

In a very unimpressive draft, it's hard to argue Gordon isn't the best player. If you can get the best player in the draft at 14, forget the position and take the guy.

Outside of OT and RB this is a pretty weak draft IMO. I'd even be fine trading our picks for future picks, I don't think well be filling many needs in this draft anyway.

Back
Top Bottom