• 3-4

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • 4-3

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If you were a head coach, which set would you lean towards, provided you had or could target the proper personnel (all factors being equal)?

Hard to argue with its success of late, but I've never liked the 3-4 defense. ...I would certainly hate it if I were a defensive lineman. ... It just seems to waste 3 DLs for clogging, and has the LBs get all the glory... How many 3-4 DLs have ever made the Pro Bowl?.... It also seems to create huge gaps in your run defense, and I'm sure the cyclical league will start catching up and defeating the 3-4 more consistently by simply lining up and bashing defenses straight ahead with the run game. An honus on drafting big, road-grading guards to handle the nose, and crush ILBs would be a start toward that trend, I would guess.

I couldn't vote. Thing is, I prefer a hybrid of the two defenses because each alignment has their advantages.

Personally i like the way that you can attack the Quarterback with the 3-4. It's confusing because you can't really tell who is rushing the passer nearly as much as you can with a 4-3. It basically comes down to personel that you have to decide which defense to run.

PressCoverage said:
If you were a head coach, which set would you lean towards, provided you had or could target the proper personnel (all factors being equal)?

Hard to argue with its success of late, but I've never liked the 3-4 defense. ...I would certainly hate it if I were a defensive lineman. ... It just seems to waste 3 DLs for clogging, and has the LBs get all the glory... How many 3-4 DLs have ever made the Pro Bowl?.... It also seems to create huge gaps in your run defense, and I'm sure the cyclical league will start catching up and defeating the 3-4 more consistently by simply lining up and bashing defenses straight ahead with the run game. An honus on drafting big, road-grading guards to handle the nose, and crush ILBs would be a start toward that trend, I would guess.

Richard Seymour, Kemo Von Olhoffen, Brentson Buckner(When he played for the steelers 3-4)

Back
Top Bottom