Your Reaction to this draft: Feedback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Reaction to this draft: Feedback

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody
I realize how difficult a question this is at this point; the combine hasn't occurred yet nor has a free agent been signed. But, I just wondered what people's reaction would be to the following mock Fins draft based simply on what we need at this point(Clearly it would change based on FA signings; it is more value and player placement/need fulfillment that I'm looking at) Please share with me your opinions.
Thanks all!
RD 1: Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tenn
RD 2 pick 1: Xavier Rhodes CB Fla St
RD 2 pick 2: Datone Jones DE UCLA
RD 3 pick 1: Jordan Reed TE Florida
RD 3 pick 2: David Amerson CB NCState
RD 4: Chris Harper WR KState
BPA the rest of the way

Love it but I think Amerson moves to safety in the NFL. I also doubt Jones is there in the second.

I really like this draft but I can't see us taking a WR in the 1st when there is so much 2nd-3rd round talent available, especially with Philbin doubling up on WRs in Green Bay.
I do love Cordarelle Patterson though

It's a very good draft. Like you said, it will depend so much on free agency. I really think the team will get Jennings or Wallace in free agency and it's very questionable if Smith is signed. So, if all that happens, corner is going to be very high on the needs list. Perhaps Miami trades down a bit in R1 and targets Banks, Rhodes or Trufant.

Im not down with any of the 1st round WR. This draft is top heavy with tons of D talent. We need to get a CB or pass rusher.

Not real high on Harper and I can't stand Amerson but other than that looks good.

I do think Reed, while a darn good player, would be the same as Charles Clay in terms of position. I think both are H-back types so I don't know how much he would help. I don't know that you could play both Clay and Reed at the same time without getting creative.

Thanks for the input. I love hearing what people think of these players.
I have read a lot of not so flattering comments regarding Amerson, but not a lot of explanation why. Anyone help me out?

Fooz....what are you going to do with Long ?

Let Long walk, move Martin to LT and draft a RT. There you go. You have bookend tackles for the next 4 years at a fraction of the cost to keep Long.

Back
Top Bottom