Your reactions if this was our first four picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your reactions if this was our first four picks

Mage_Phin

All in for Philbin.
Reaction score
Also, is it realistic?

1. Brandon Graham OLB
2. Brandon Lafell WR
3. Cam Thomas NT
4. Jimmy Graham TE

I would be very happy with this.....my only adjustment would probably be Arrelious Benn over LaFell, but they are pretty equal.

Realistic: Yes

I like it, but I'd rather have A. Benn WR or Jerry Hughes in Rd 2. I really do think we can get Cam Thomas in Rd 3 - I like him a lot.

Great, this is pretty much my ideal first four picks that are still realistic.

How does Lafell suck? I would still rather take Tate, Benn or Thomas but I doubt they'll be available in the second round and Lafell is still a good prospect.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Cam Thomas falling to us in the third, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jimmy Graham isn't going to last until the 4th. Somebody's probably going to take him in the 2nd, and while the guy is an intriguing prospect, I for one hope it isn't us, especially if it's an early 2nd. I'd be much happier if Pitta fell to the 4th, though I don't find that particularly likely either... though it's more likely than Graham falling.

LaFell in the second makes some sense. Ireland has raved about him and we obviously need a receiver. With character concerns and a lackluster combine behind him, it's hard to imagine him being gone @ 43. If Gronkowski or Gresham made it down that far, though, I would expect them to be the choice, though again, they both look like a late ones, especially Gronkowski (presuming a good workout at his pro day). OLB guys like Sapp, Worilds and especially Hughes would also be looked at in the second, even if we took Brandon Graham @12.

Personally, I'd be very interested in trading Ronnie for a second and using one pick on a TE or WR, the other on a linebacker, and then taking a guy like the underrated Ben Tate in the 3rd. Tate's 4.43 @ 220 pounds has complicated this somewhat, as he's probably moved himself into the late 2nd, but the truth is this draft is deep at RB so you might see RB starved teams looking at thumpers like Matthews, Hardesty, Dwyer, Dixon and maybe even Gerhart before him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the 1st and 3rd but doubt Thomas lasts that long. Also, 4th is about right for J. Graham, but some Oakland-eque GM will take him in the 2nd or 3rd.

I always figured this draft was a deep enough at TE that Graham would fall to us in the fourth. I mean, I'm a huge UM fan and I love everything he did while he was there, but he's a TE that's only effective in passing situations. He looks lost trying to block.

Also, do you think Demaryius Thomas could fall to us in the third due to his foor injury? That way, we'd have a much better chance at drafting good prospects in both the WR and NT positions.

I always figured this draft was a deep enough at TE that Graham would fall to us in the fourth. I mean, I'm a huge UM fan and I love everything he did while he was there, but he's a TE that's only effective in passing situations. He looks lost trying to block.

Also, do you think Demaryius Thomas could fall to us in the third due to his foor injury? That way, we'd have a much better chance at drafting good prospects in both the WR and NT positions.

Thomas is one of those guys upon which a lot depends on his 40/work out. If the foot isn't healed well enough for him to work out effectively for scouts, he might fall to the third. The offense he was in at George Tech is so different from anything resembling a pro-style offense it puts added pressure on the workouts to sort out what kind of athlete he is and what kind of ability/experience he has at this stage running the route tree (hint: not very much. But the workout would help figure out how much work he's really going to need).

But all that being said, Ted Ginn and Michael Crabtree were both first round picks despite not really being able to work out for scouts before the draft. In Ginn's case, everyone knew what he was -- a home run hitter with limited toughness or experience running routes. Crabtree's situation was somewhat more like Thomas', in that Texas Tech's spread offense didn't give scouts many opportunities to calibrate his deep speed or precise route running. At the end of the day, though, teams decided his hands and tackle breaking abilitiy -- ala a Brandon Marshall -- were too much to ignore.

I don't have any kind of read on exactly what kind of guy Thomas is, or what his learning curve might be. But he's definitely one of those guys who needs to work out. With all the questions surrounding him, he's definitely the kind of guy who could slip into the pile with the Riley Cooper's, Carlton Michell's and Marcus Easley's of the draft.

Also, is it realistic?

1. Brandon Graham OLB
2. Brandon Lafell WR
3. Cam Thomas NT
4. Jimmy Graham TE

I would only not be upset because we might have to draft them 2 and 3 if we want cam Thomas and Jimmy Graham... i don't care for Lafell.

D. Thomas could fall to the 3rd (because of his injury). And, at that spot, I think his potential could be too great to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom