Your reactions if this was our first four picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your reactions if this was our first four picks

#12 brandon graham
#43 cam thomas
#74 taylor price
#108 tony moeki

i hate overdrafting cam thomas but we GOT TO have a nose...the final 2 picks i have here are really underrated players...

if it's olb, nose, wr, te this would be my guys and i think chances are good they're available where i have them slotted...the only one i think goes higher is potentially taylor price

Also, is it realistic?

1. Brandon Graham OLB
2. Brandon Lafell WR
3. Cam Thomas NT
4. Jimmy Graham TE
It's realistic, but there is no way I would pick LaFell if Benn is available. Watched alot of him in college and he did nothing to warrant a pick above the 4th rd. Am I the only one thinking that TE is not a priority?

Jimmy Graham isn't going to last until the 4th. Somebody's probably going to take him in the 2nd, and while the guy is an intriguing prospect, I for one hope it isn't us, especially if it's an early 2nd. I'd be much happier if Pitta fell to the 4th, though I don't find that particularly likely either... though it's more likely than Graham falling.

LaFell in the second makes some sense. Ireland has raved about him and we obviously need a receiver. With character concerns and a lackluster combine behind him, it's hard to imagine him being gone @ 43. If Gronkowski or Gresham made it down that far, though, I would expect them to be the choice, though again, they both look like a late ones, especially Gronkowski (presuming a good workout at his pro day). OLB guys like Sapp, Worilds and especially Hughes would also be looked at in the second, even if we took Brandon Graham @12.

Personally, I'd be very interested in trading Ronnie for a second and using one pick on a TE or WR, the other on a linebacker, and then taking a guy like the underrated Ben Tate in the 3rd. Tate's 4.43 @ 220 pounds has complicated this somewhat, as he's probably moved himself into the late 2nd, but the truth is this draft is deep at RB so you might see RB starved teams looking at Matthews, Hardesty, Dwyer, Dixon and maybe even Gerhart before him.

i feel like ben tate is a bit smaller version of ronnie brown. he really reminds of him, though he probably isnt beating too many people deep, he can definitely give hell to dbacks and break a lot of tackles. watched some of his highlights and was really impressed with what i saw, also so the low lights and like how tough the guy is getting up from some nasty hits. he also hits the hole well, he no flashy dextrer mccluster style runningback, and hes not the biggest or the fastest, but he looks like he could run well in the nfl. really reminds me of ronnie though idky. maybe cuz of auburn. i also like that runningback hardesty or whatever looks intriguing. i see these guys being available in the 3rd/4th round.

would be sweet to get a LB and a Nose tackle with the first 2 picks, grab tate in the 3rd and maybe draft another linebacker/cornerback/safety in the later rounds. this of course would mean no #1 WR out of this draft, but hey next years packed with them, lets build the defense and grab ben tate he looks promising

I wouldn't mind Graham with the 1st pick I think he could be a big impact player. The question I have is OK WTF do you do at FS? Might need Berry or Thomas there. Unless maybe Clemmons can get it done. How much worse can he possibly be than Wilson and how much is Dansby going to help out in pass defense?

I think NT has got to come in the 2nd round either C Thomas or Cody. Most seem to think Cody is a big fat loaf but I think he might be effective, better than anybody they have besides Ferguson. He might actually be pretty good.

I wouldn't mind Jimmy Graham but I don't think he will be there that late.

I think the big play WR ship may have sailed when the Ravens got Boldin. I think it is a longshot to find anybody better than the "pretty good" guys on the roster now. Bryant might be the answer but too many defensive problems to waste the 12th pick there and besides that there are some question marks with him. I don't think he is the slam dunk that people think.

#12 brandon graham
#43 cam thomas
#74 taylor price
#108 tony moeki

i hate overdrafting cam thomas but we GOT TO have a nose...the final 2 picks i have here are really underrated players...

if it's olb, nose, wr, te this would be my guys and i think chances are good they're available where i have them slotted...the only one i think goes higher is potentially taylor price

I know how you feel, but I like the prospect in Linval Joseph (check him out). I don't think Thomas will be there in the third, I see Buffalo (now implementing a 3-4 defense) snatching him up in the second or third round right before us. Joseph should be there in the third round, and I think he will be a good one.

didn't get to watch graham play much cuz michigan sux but somebody please explain to me how such a dominant player would only be selected first team B10 allconference once (as a senior) and wind up on the second team AP?

didn't get to watch graham play much cuz michigan sux but somebody please explain to me how such a dominant player would only be selected first team B10 allconference once (as a senior) and wind up on the second team AP?

you pretty much answered that question yourself. At times, players don't get the recognition they deserve when they are playing on terrible teams. If you look at Graham's stats the last the two years, you will see he is well deserving of the recognition. The stat I liked the most is that he ranked #2 in the nation in TFL two years ago, and then ranked #1 in the nation last year in that same category. And that goes along with the 20.5 sacks he amassed over the last two years.

What that tells me is that he is an extremely disruptive player, and can make an impact play on any given down.

Just say no to Cam Thomas. Don't like him...

well the reason i ask is that the SEC is a far superior conference talent wise and berry and mcclain were 1st teamers as sophs.and didn't graham play DE?

Honestly I want Cody if he can somehow make it to us in the 2nd round. I don't care if he only plays 2 downs, thats what rotating soliai and starks can be for.

It's realistic, but there is no way I would pick LaFell if Benn is available. Watched alot of him in college and he did nothing to warrant a pick above the 4th rd. Am I the only one thinking that TE is not a priority?

Nah... It's only realistic if you remove Lafell, move everyone up 1 round, then pick someone else to draft in the 4th.

I don't think Graham drops to 4th or Cam Thomas drops to 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom