YOUR Season Highlights & Lowlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

YOUR Season Highlights & Lowlights

RandomPilar

Pulling Guard
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The 2010/2011 season has come to a disappointing end. I wanted to reflect on this season. Surely, the lowlights will outweigh the highlights. I would appreciate hearing everyone's comments/opinions on the following:

TOP 3 SURPRISE PLAYERS
1) Karlos Dansby - Knew he was good, but not this good. Very sure tackler and immediately our leader on D.
2) Paul Soliai - Really came into his own. I hope we can re-sign him. Good NT's are hard to find.
3) Cameron Wake - Beast on the edge, but also improved a lot in the run game.

BOTTOM 3 SURPRISE PLAYERS
1) Ronnie Brown - I really thought he would have a better year. He was passive and uninspiring.
2) Sean Smith - Can't stand his attitude. He thinks he's better than he is. Poor on easy tackles and hands of stone.
3) Chad Henne - Not a good football player.

TOP 3 FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Week 10 vs TEN - First game in South Florida. Man---did we pick the right home game to make our 1st!
2) Week 6 @ GB - Really enjoyed this win. After 2 really tough home, division losses, I felt this bounceback win was huge at the time.
3) Week 2 @ MIN - Going 2-0 over a well-respected, at the time, opponent---was fun to watch and gave hope to the season early on.

BOTTOM 3 LEAST-FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Week 13 vs CLE - Turning point game. We would have been in the thick of the race if we took care of business.
2) Week 4 vs NE - Absolute disaster on national TV.
3) Week 11 vs CHI - I was on a high after flying home from my first game in Florida. With the short week, I was really excited to see my Dolphins play again. This was one of the dullest, boring, games I've ever seen. Total buzzkill.

TOP 3 POSITION WISHLIST (Don't say coaches, we all know the obvious consensus)
1) QB
2) C
3) TE

Highlight: Bobby Carpenter stuffs Adrian Peterson at goal line FTW.

Everything else is a lowlight.

TOP 3 SURPRISE PLAYERS
1) Cameron Wake - Elite pass rushing and is starting to play well overall at OLB in the NFL
2) Dan Carpenter - If you exclude the Buffalo game, the guy was incredible this season. He probably would have made the pro bowl if it wasn't for Buffalo.
3) Paul Soliai - He deserves a spot here. He had his best season and he should be resigned.

1) Ronnie Brown - What a disappointment. He never lived up to his draft position. He needs to be with a different team next season.
2) Chad Henne - Had his chance and let it slip away. Didn't show any fire. Big disappointment.
3) Benny Sapp - How did he ever become a Miami Dolphin???

TOP 3 FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Week 2 @ MIN - Had to be the best game of the season. My hopes were WAY up after this. The Vikings were supposed to be great at that point to.
2) Week 6 @ GB - Miami beats a playoff team in overtime! WOW! Big game. Very good win.
3) Week 12 @ LA - Miami scores 33 points and dominates the Raiders in LA. That was the last big high of the season. It basically ended after that game.

BOTTOM 3 LEAST FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Week 4 vs NE - This hurt. This really exposed Miami and set the tone for how things would turn out. Total embarrassment.
2) Week 11 vs CHI - Miami didn't even show up for this one. Another huge embarrassment.
3) Week 15 vs DET - Lose to Buffalo the week before. And then collapse and fail AGAIN in front of your home crowd. The embarrassment bar was raised AGAIN!!

TOP 3 POSITION WISHLIST
1) RB, RB, RB - We need new runners!
2) QB
3) TE

Im just going to use your format and put in my own answers

TOP 3 SURPRISE PLAYERS
1. Cam Wake- I thought he would be solid but not this good.
2. Paul Soliai- played his heart out this season and looks to be a great player
3. Richi Incognito- He behaved, played well, played a very good center when called on. All around very surprising season

1) Y. Bell- He looked slow and unmotivated this season
2. Henne- i thought he would have put together a solid season building off of last year and he had decent targets etc. He really hurt our season
3. Randy Starks- After putting together a near pro bowl season last year he really disapeared.

TOP 3 FAVOURITE GAMes
1. Vikes- Our D played well and it seemed like we really had a good chance to be a contender
2. The Jets Game in NY- I loved how our defense came up big all game long and Cam Wake just dominated that game
3. Green Bay- We beat a very good team and once again Cam Wake came up big.

BOTTOM 3 LEAST-FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Bills Game- That was pathetic
2. Lions Game- even more pathetic because we have always been a good close out team sicne 2008. We get a lead and we usually keep it with a good running game and a good short passing attack to take time off the clock. But CHENNE really screwed the pooch on this one.
3. Both Pats games- We usually keep in contention or beat these guys and we didnt even show up

TOP 3 POSITION WISHLIST (Don't say coaches, we all know the obvious consensus)
1. QB
2. OG
3. TE

TOP 3 SURPRISE PLAYERS
1) Cameron Wake
2) Dan Carpenter
3) Paul Solai

1) Ronnie Brown
2) Chad Henne
3) Yeremiah Bell

TOP 3 FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Vikings game
2) Packers game
3) Raiders game

BOTTOM 3 LEAST FAVOURITE GAMES
1) Both NE games
2) Bears game (shutout)
3) Lions game

TOP 3 POSITION WISHLIST
1) QB
2) RB
3) Guard

Highlights: None

Lowlights: All of it

Seriously though, the bright spots were Wake, Dansby, Soliai, Langford, and Marshall.

Back
Top Bottom