your theory on why dwight wouldn't sign long term with the bulls?... scared of D Rose | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your theory on why dwight wouldn't sign long term with the bulls?... scared of D Rose

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
first off, im not a chicago fan or anything obviously you know that im a spurs fan... but to me the bulls make the most sense... for dwight to rule them out completely, smells fishy to me...

he says he wants a big city - check

people said he doesn't like cold weather, nahhh.. he will go to new jersey

he wants to play for a good team.. rose + thibs + whatever is left after they trade for dwight >>>> deron williams and whatever else NJ has..

when you seriously sit back and look at it, the only possible conclusion is that dwight howard wouldn't want derrick rose to shine brighter than him.... thats the only possible thing... he knows kobe will fade in 3 years, then he'll take over... but in chicago, he'll be competing with rose for mvps for the next decade and for the attention... he doesn't have to worry about that in NJ..

this, in turn, makes howard bittch made and I hope he never wins a title if he doesn't go to the bulls

Dwight Howard is a class act..He can go wherever he wants to go...I dont really care.

Dwight Howard is a class act..He can go wherever he wants to go...I dont really care.

ehh,that could be debated,but yea.. my only thing with this thread is,i hate when stuff doesn't make sense... and there is absolutely no reason for dwight not to go to chicago... its a better choice than lakers / dallas / orlando / NJ (all places he would go)...

it's some bs in the back of his mind with d rose, and I dont like it... i'll root for lebron to win a ring before him if he doesn't go to chicago..and im on the fence wether i would root for lebron to win a ring at all.

ehh,that could be debated,but yea.. my only thing with this thread is,i hate when stuff doesn't make sense... and there is absolutely no reason for dwight not to go to chicago... its a better choice than lakers / dallas / orlando / NJ (all places he would go)...

it's some bs in the back of his mind with d rose, and I dont like it... i'll root for lebron to win a ring before him if he doesn't go to chicago..and im on the fence wether i would root for lebron to win a ring at all.

Maybe Dwight does not wanna go to Chicago cause of Jodran too...Does not wanna live in his shadow..Lakers have had multiple stars and Nets have had no one.

Maybe Dwight does not wanna go to Chicago cause of Jodran too...Does not wanna live in his shadow..Lakers have had multiple stars and Nets have had no one.

not sure i quite understand what you are saying.jordan shouldnt have any effect on howard joining d rose there imo.him going to chicago makes more sense to me than the nets.

if he goes to chicago, even if they trade, noah, deng, and boozer (which wouldnt happen), chicago STILL has better talent than new jersey... everybody on the bulls plays defense because if you don't you're likely to get cut... thibs dont play that shizznit... ppll like bogans, brewer, gibson... these guys play D... you use dwight and rose for offense and some shooters, and we're talking titles... he doesn't have to go into a semi rebuilding mode like he'd have to do in NJ...

and on a side note, he's saying he'd go to dallas... who the hell are they gonna trade? their only trade assets are Kidd / Marion / Terry / Odom... all are old... only way orlando takes some of them back is if they already have deals in place to ship em out of town to a contender for younger talent... (kidd / odom for jeff green and rondo??..)

only possible way lakers make sense (as far as contending), is if they don't have to trade gasol.. but that looks unlikely..

Chicago is not LA or NY....to me its as simple as that. Can't blame a guy that is looking to do more than play basketball for yearning for the opportunities those cities present.

Any of the potential situations have to look pretty good to him, even if hes going to a stripped down team. NJ has Deron, who a lot of people in this league would take over Rose anyday. LAC have Griffin and Gordon, or just Griffin if Gordon is traded......either way that's a nice sidekick to have. And Dallas has Dirk, although like you said they really have nothing to offer and I think that's more a fantasy in Cuban's mind than anything else.

Even moreso than with the big three in Miami, you can't think about year one. Howard is young and has a whole decade to look forward to playing basketball at the highest level. Maybe the fans would prefer it if he were loyal and stuck around hoping to one day luck out like Dirk and finally get a team built around him that could win. From his perspective though its hard to blame him for wanting to get out of that miserable situation Smith has created in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom