your thoughts on p.willis @ #9 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your thoughts on p.willis @ #9

big cohuna here and i hereby give the okiedokie to drafting patrick willis . i am also pondering the need in drafting two wrs and two olinemen and a qb and that qb should be kevin kolb in the 3rd rd .:ninja:

Willis looks to be pretty solid, but LB is really the last spot we need to be looking at in round 1. And honestly I think the Vikings and maybe even the Skins could grab him before us.
We just have to many holes to take Willis. Quinn, Ginn, landry/nelson/Revis, Okoye, Brown would all be better picks for us.

yea about patrick willis, that would be a terrible pic for us. He will be a great player, dont get me wrong. But you have to draft by need first. There are too many other great players available there that would fit a need and be just as higha caliber. (Levi Brown, Leon hall, Greg Olsen, etc.) (not LaRon Landry, i dont want us taking a safety again) I think if we go defense (which we shouldn't, since it was our offense that sucked, well our defense was great), we would have to go corner, like Leon Hall, who IS the best corner in the draft, nto Darelle Revis.

If we dont trade up to get quinn how would you feel about willis @ 9? who else would we take? landry will probably be gone and i dont think ginn or brown are worth the #9 pick i am really starting to think the fins will try to trade up to get quinn and if that dont work they will try to trade down and if they cant, willis might have the best value at #9, heck the guy runs a freaking 4.3!!! i would be happy if we got him, zach is getting old and we could run more 3-4 with willis! i think he will be a pro bowl LB he is a beast!

If we had not gotten Joey Porter I could see us drafting Willis, but we have little need now for another LB.

"We have little need for now for another LB". What do we have after the 1st 4? We also need quality back-ups in case of injury. What happens if,God forbid, Zach goes down with a knee injury, or Joey or CC? What do we have behind them??

I wouldn't hate it! Zack's getting long in the tooth and Porter's no spring chicken so OK!

I see Pat as a trade down guy if he stay on the board to 9....Theres 3 teams that want him after us.

1)Bills-this team has lost both Fletcher and Spikes...Rb is a need but Adrian shouldnt be there at 12 and Marshawn is to much of a reach wright now.

2)Niners-They need Ilb badly and might move up if they need too...This team here makes both the Bills (who i dont want him to go)and the Steelers come to our spot to get him

3)Steelers-Needs are DE,olb/ilb,o-line and cb....Ya they could just see who flops to him but to get a for sure thing for a pick isn t such a bad idea.

I hope Miami does nab Willis if Miami stays at #9 with Atlanta and Minnesota not taking him .

When all is said and done in 12 years, I think we will all look back at this draft and agree Willis was the best defensive player in this draft ..

definitely want a LB in this draft . . . but not on day 1. With all the experience on this defense . . . its perfect to roll the dice on an athletic smaller school LB and let him learn the ropes. Willis will be good, but its like AP, we really have other needs.

As much as I would love to have a player like Pat on this team I still think the right thing to do would be trade down and aquire more picks and pick up a quality player in the first round that fits our needs .There are other LBs available that we could groom as Zach's future replacement such as Justin Durant,Buster Davis,Earl Everett,David Harris,HB Blades,Brandon Siler and my favorite Zac DeOssie or we could go Crowder to the middle and draft an outside LB to replace Crowder when he goes to the middle(of course with a later round pick)
Maybe next year would be better to shore up our LBs but if someone of quality fell to us in the 6th then I would jump but our needs are more important to fill with this next draft and LBs is not a need compared to other positions.
I'm sure we could get a quality player in the later rounds

Back
Top Bottom