YOUR top 3 prospects at each position of need....have some fun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

YOUR top 3 prospects at each position of need....have some fun

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
Well with so many opinions on prospects in this years up coming draft...i thought we could all share some knowledge.

What i want for people to do here is list a position of need (not in any particular order) and list the top 3 prospects in YOUR opinion. And why you like them and include when you think they will be taken. Be realistic i would love Arron Curry, Malcolm Jenkins and Michael Crabtree but they wont be there for us

I will give the example by giving you mine. Be general on offensive and defensive line.

OLB
Clint Sintim (mid to late 1st)- plays in a 3-4 very good pass rusher above average in pass coverage can come in and play SLB from day one. Fits our mold very nicely.

Brian Cushing (mid to late first 1st)- very good athlete and very versatile good pass rusher fit our system and mentality

Larry English (late 1st early 2nd)- elite pass rusher needs work with coverage would start right away and would project more to WLB

O-Line- no tackle atleast early I think we resign Carey
Alex Mack (late 1st round)- elite prospect power and size probably the best center prospect in years

Duke Robinson (late 1st early 2nd)- road grader in the run game very powerful and could sure up the left side for 10 years.

Antonie Caldwell (mid to late 2nd)- great center exceled in senior bowl
week practices and drills. Good size and power.

D-line- I only have DT's because i think we are deep enough at DE even if we let Vonnie go i see us bringing in Canty.
Ron Brace (ealry to mid 2nd)- widely viewed as a NT in a 3-4 excellent in rush defense lacks in pass may be a one trick pony.

Chris Baker (4th round)- Plays in a 3-4 played along side Kendal Langford for a year or two. Good size and plays with good leverage.

Myron Pryor (4th or 5th round)- Going against All Star competition at the Shrine Game, he stood out for his ability to hold up at the point and then get off blocks to make plays on the ball.

Wide Receiver-
Hakeem Nicks (mid to late 1st)- not elite speed but very physical and goes up and get the ball. Kinda reminds me of a smaller Larry Fitz

Kenny Britt (early to mid 2nd)- good size good speed and a very good blocker would be a great red zone guy and could become a #1

Ramses Barden (3rd round)- Big physical good hands goes and gets the ball at the highest point. I really like his smooth style and is a good blocker

Safety
Louis Delmas (late 1st early 2nd)- very good ball skills, good against the run and is a fast study. would be the best player in our secondary

Rashad Johnson (early to mid 2nd)- great ball skills plays smart and can play from day one better than anyone we have in our secondary

David Bruton (mid to late 3rd)- aggressive good against the run not great ball skills but plays hard can make an impact early as he is a special teams master.

Corner Back
Alphonso Smith (mid to late 1st) great ball skills very good athlete and instincts. Alittle small

DJ Moore (late 1st)- smart and aggressive player. Good ball skills average size but has good body control

Sean Smith (late 1st early 2nd)- very good size probably projects as safety in the NFL due to speed but could be a very good physical corner against tall receivers

SOOOOOO...what do you guys think...who are your tops prospects for our positions of need. I know i probably forgot some positions please feel free to add as many as you need. JUST POSITIONS OF NEED NOT EVERY POSITION

LB

Clint Sintim - Highly productive rushing the passer at UVA, seems like a natural fit to play OLB in a 3-4. Plays too stiff?

Clay Matthews - I know a lot of people are high on Cushing, and he is definitely talented...but he can never stay on the field. Matthews is a lot more durable and very productive himself...great on special teams too.

Larry English - Excellent pass rusher at Northern Illinois, should transition well to OLB in pros.

O-Line

Alex Mack - Widely considered the top center. Seemingly a perennial all-american at Cal, brings just about everything you want from a center.

Max Unger - If Mack is already off the board, Unger is definitely a nice consolation. Extremely versatile and could help out anywhere on the line in a pinch.

Eben Britton - Big and athletic. Many project him to go earlier in the first, but if he is still available he would be a great value pick. If Carey walks in free agency he should be able to step in at RT immediately.

D-Line

Tyson Jackson - Another guy who probably won't be available when we pick, but its definitely possible. The best 3-4 end prospect in this draft, he would immediately improve our run defense and team up to form an amazing young rotation with Langford and Merling.

Ron Brace - His stock has risen to the point where he may be overrated at this point, but with few true nose tackle prospects in this draft he could be a real possibility with our 2A pick. Supposedly dominated at the Senior bowl.

Jarron Gilbert - A sleeper pick who likely won't be after the combine. Physical freak who would fit in very well in a 3-4.

WR

I completely agree with the initial poster, so I'm not even gonna bother with this.

CB

Macho Harris - I go to Virginia Tech and have seen just about every one of his games. He is every bit as good as Brandon Flowers was last year and he fared pretty well his rookie year in KC. Well not great physically, he has an outstanding feel for the game. Playmaker in every sense of the word. No homerism here either, he will be a very good corner.

Sean Smith - Big, physical corner. Used to play WR so you know he'll haul in whatever comes his way. Kind of a CB/S tweener, which is a little scary to me after the Jason Allen experiment.

Asher Allen - I was impressed by his play in Georgia's bowl game. Seemed willing to help in run support.

Safety

Rashad Johnson/Louis Delmas - I'm just going to lump the two together considering they are pretty similar prospects. Both fit that ball-hawking, center-fielder role that we've been missing since...Brock Marion? Anyone who watched Ed Reed destroy us can see why getting a safety like that should be a priority.

Patrick Chung - Tackling machine at Oregon who would be an asset in run support. Doesn't have the ball skill of Delmas or Johnson, but he could turn out to be a Yeremiah Bell clone.

OLB - Maybin(1st), Sintim(1/2), English(1/2)
ILB - McKillop(3/4), Brinkley(4/5), Appleby(6/7)
CB - A.Smith(1), A.Allen(2), D.Johnson(3)
S - Delmas(1/2), Johnson(2), Pegues (2/3)
DT - Brace(2), Taylor(3/4), Baker(3/4)
DE - Jackson(1/2), Ayers(2), King(2/3)
OT - Loadholt(2), Meredith(2), Fulton(3/4)
OG - Robinson(1/2), Urbik(3), Vasquez(4/5)
C - Mack(1/2), Caldwell(2/3), Wood(2/3)
TE - Pettigrew(1/2), Coffman(2/3), Cook(3/4)
WR - Nicks(1/2), Britt(2), Williams(2/3)
RB - Jennings(3) Don't really know any of the others.
QB - Wouldn't invest in any of them.

Highlighted guys are the ones I'd really like to get.....

1.Maybin
2.Mack
2.Delmas
3.Johnson
4.Brinkley

but FA will obviousily determine the way attack the draft.

Macho Harris - I go to Virginia Tech and have seen just about every one of his games. He is every bit as good as Brandon Flowers was last year and he fared pretty well his rookie year in KC. Well not great physically, he has an outstanding feel for the game. Playmaker in every sense of the word. No homerism here either, he will be a very good corner.

I think Macho will be one of the players that are mentioned for defensive rookie of the year. He is not in a lot peoples Top 5 right now...but that will change.

However after his rookie season, he will ranked higher than most, if not all of his classmates.

I have watched almost all of his games as well. He is very aggressive and that gets him burnt for the majority of the plays that make him look bad. He will tone that done at the next level, until he feels that he has a better grip on whats coming. He reads the presnap very well and does plenty of film on the WR's before each game. His love for the game is not even a question.

If the Dolphins draft him...it will be great for the future of our secondary. He may not be 6'1 - 6'3"...but he plays like he is. He brings a lot to the table for stopping the pass and special teams. His hands are very good and he knows what to do with the ball once he gets it...take it to the house!!!

VT players have a dark shadow on them right now b/c of a few players in the past. But Harris is an outstanding person and will bring the good spotlight back to the drafting of players from VT's DEFENSE!!!

He could be a CB or a FS in the NFL. I just hope we get him in the 2nd round this year.

I may just be a VT homer...but I have faith in Victor Macho Harris at the next level!!!

Top 3 that can be available at any of our picks...

OL:

LT Michael Oher (move Carey to RG)
LG Duke Robinson (move Smiley to RG, move Thomas to backup G)
C Eric Wood (move Satele to backup C/G)

S:

FS Louis Delmas
FS: Rashard Johnson
FS: William Moore

WR:

WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Darius Howard Bey
WR Kenny Britt

CB:

CB DJ Moore
CB Victor Harris
CB Vontae Davis

LB:

LB Everett Brown
LB Brian Cushing
LB Clay Matthews

DL:

NT: Peria Jerry
NT: Ron Brace
DE: Tyson Jackson

as a season ticket holding uva fan and a person who's seen just about every uva game someone show me one instance where clint sintim looked good in coverage??? i haven't seen it.

sintim has stiff hips is not comfortable in space makes zero tackles in space does not change direction quickly was uncomfortable in senior bowl drills with his hand on the ground and looked lost dropping into zone coverages and showed little feel for the position.

CB :
Vonte Davis
DJ Moore
Mark Parson

S :
William Moore
Sean Smith
Lou Delmas

DT :
Ron Brace
P Jerry
Sammie Lee Hill

OLB :
Clint Sintim
Larry English
Conner Barwin

ILB :
Laurinitis
Jason Phillips
Scott McKillop

DE :
Mike Johnson
Paul Kruger
Maybin

Center :
Alex Mack
Unger
Caldwell

OG :
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson
Trevor Canfield

OT :
Eden Britton
Phil Loadholt
Kropog

WR :
Nicks
Britt
Barden

QB:
Matthew Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Rhett Bomar

RB:
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
LeSean McCoy

WR:
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks

TE:
Brandon Pettigrew
Shawn Nelson
James Casey

OT:
Eugene Monroe
Jason Smith
Andre Smith

OG:
Duke Robinson
Kraig Ubrik
Herman Johnson

C:
Max Unger
Alex Mack
Antoine Caldwell

DE:
Tyson Jackson
Michael Johnson
Aaron Maybin

DT:
BJ Raji
Ron Brace
Peria Jerry

ILB:
Rey Maualuga
James Laurinaitis
Jason Phillips

OLB:
Larry English
Clint sintim
Clay Matthews

S:
William Moore
Louis Delmas
Rashad Johnson

CB:
Malcolm Jenkins
Sean Smith
Vontae Davis/DJ Moore

I think Macho will be one of the players that are mentioned for defensive rookie of the year. He is not in a lot peoples Top 5 right now...but that will change.

However after his rookie season, he will ranked higher than most, if not all of his classmates.

I have watched almost all of his games as well. He is very aggressive and that gets him burnt for the majority of the plays that make him look bad. He will tone that done at the next level, until he feels that he has a better grip on whats coming. He reads the presnap very well and does plenty of film on the WR's before each game. His love for the game is not even a question.

If the Dolphins draft him...it will be great for the future of our secondary. He may not be 6'1 - 6'3"...but he plays like he is. He brings a lot to the table for stopping the pass and special teams. His hands are very good and he knows what to do with the ball once he gets it...take it to the house!!!

VT players have a dark shadow on them right now b/c of a few players in the past. But Harris is an outstanding person and will bring the good spotlight back to the drafting of players from VT's DEFENSE!!!

He could be a CB or a FS in the NFL. I just hope we get him in the 2nd round this year.

I may just be a VT homer...but I have faith in Victor Macho Harris at the next level!!!

I have watched him for all his Tech years....I think he is a GREAT talent. He has worked really hard on his man to man since the end of the season and it showed in the Orange Bowl. He plays far off guys but has such great skills and instincts he can do that in college. He does press here and there but in this D we would need him to press up more often i think he has good size and strength and would love him to be in Dolphin colors next season. But he will have to learn i dont think he can step in from day one not that is necessary but by the end of the season he could be a major contributer.

Back
Top Bottom