Your Top 3.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Top 3....

I would expect...

-AJ Cann 27 OG from jags (if he’s cheap), our OL coach, coached him last year he’s coming off a rough reason but is a 4 year starter who has been playing well before last year. This allows us to move Jesse Davis to RT, and then draft 1 other IOL.
-Malcolm Brown 25 young run stuffing DT from pats allows us to focus on edge in round 1.
-Tyrod Taylor bridge QB, sounds like we’re already very interested in him. I don’t think he moves the needle very much for our team, but he brings work ethic and professionalism ideal mentor

Well the way it looks right now James getting a mega deal will help us with the comp pick formula. Wake leaving would actually help us with that.

Honestly if this team really is tanking the classy move would be to let cam do whatever he wants

Well the way it looks right now James getting a mega deal will help us with the comp pick formula. Wake leaving would actually help us with that.

Honestly if this team really is tanking the classy move would be to let cam do whatever he wants

I doubt were holding Wake hostage, he is free to leave. His agent is probably waiting for the right scenario, situational pass rusher for a playoff type team.. that’s my hunch.

I want nobody that's 30 or older and no high price free agents. We need to stop trying to be March champs and start winning on draft day.

The only thing I want to see us sign is pieces to solidify the OL, DL, and maybe a LB. Screw signing a QB. Run one of the young guys we have and save the money. We aren't winning crap either way so at least try to develop whatever young talent we have in our mulligan year.

I'd prefer the poster ask top 3 positions than top 3 names. We know all OL positions can't be filled through the draft

-AJ Cann 27 OG from jags (if he’s cheap), our OL coach, coached him last year he’s coming off a rough reason but is a 4 year starter who has been playing well before last year. This allows us to move Jesse Davis to RT, and then draft 1 other IOL.
-Malcolm Brown 25 young run stuffing DT from pats allows us to focus on edge in round 1.
-Tyrod Taylor bridge QB, sounds like we’re already very interested in him. I don’t think he moves the needle very much for our team, but he brings work ethic and professionalism ideal mentor

You know what?

I really can't argue with any of these three all that much. Well done.

This free agency is going to be similar to Parcels/Ireland's first. Lot's of players coming off their rookie contract not in the market for top contracts. The difference will need to be better drafting of skilled positions and once you get to the position to add top talent, go get it.

Pretty much nobody. A few vet minimum bodies to allow us to field a team and perhaps a couple of young, reasonably priced guys who are still on the market two or three days after the initial rush - like Andre Branch when he cost two million instead of ten

Certainly not a poor qb ( or one with a worse injury history than Tannehill) with delusions of being a starter who will lead us to the third pick instead of the first.
I agree with you.

I understand the appeal of fairly expensive big names like this. But we are currently gutting a roster and projecting to be good three years from now....if all goes to plan and we have excellent drafts

I can't help but question how adding a 30 year old safety, a 30 year old linebacker and a qb with a very troubling injury history helps that plan.
I'll follow your idea by pointing out that we would be paying two safeties top money for whatever reason. Both being over 30.

Sure we need pass rushers but after a couple years a big deal won't look so good. It's been an elusive position and signing Houston wouldn't fix the long term problem.

It's unfortunate what happened to Teddy. Doesn't mean we throw money his way. Look at the going rates for guys who maybe start the season.

This strategy never worked for us and I'm glad we seem to be avoiding it now

Back
Top Bottom