Your Top 5 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Top 5

Maybe Kam will get the Nic Harris treatment.

Honestly, go back and watch tape of Berry and Chancellor, cause if I'm not seeing something, I really should get my eyes checked. I'm seeing Berry as the best free safety in the draft. And I'm seeing Chancellor as a back up strong safety or even a linebacker in some schemes.

i quite agree. Chancellor IMO will be a back-up safety/special teamer in the NFL.

1. Rolando McClain
2. Dez Bryant
3. Terrance Cody
4. Brandon Spikes
5. Jermaine Gresham

Chancellor has horrid ball skills and is slow. He's not as highly thought of by a lot of draft experts as you are as Scott Wright (one of the top draft evaluators around) as him the number 5 SR safety behind Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, Larry Asante and Darrell Stuckey. That doesn't even include Eric Berry who can start anywhere in the secondary and finished his career with 14 ints (12 in his first 2 seasons, nobody dared throw at Berry this year).

And judgind by your top 5 I'm glad you aren't in the Fins FO. Terrence Cody is not a top 20 pick. He's a 2 down player.

Chancellor would be a lot further if you take into account Chad Jones, Morgan Burnett (if they declared) and Earl Thomas as well. And I think Robert Johnson could jump him as well.

1. McClain= best LB in the draft!
2. Spiller= best game changer in the draft!

You can show me all the sites you want. I'm gonna believe what I see. Berry is great in coverage. He can play either position, so he is versatile. But he has all the skills of a pro bowl free safety.

Your reasoning for Chancellor being a free safety is cause he can cover and has a huge range. Eric Berry is in a whole different realm than Kam when it comes to coverage and is quite possibly a better tackler. Because a site has a player's position listed as one thing doesn't make it true.

You can show me all the sites you want. I'm gonna believe what I see. Berry is great in coverage. He can play either position, so he is versatile. But he has all the skills of a pro bowl free safety.

Your reasoning for Chancellor being a free safety is cause he can cover and has a huge range. Eric Berry is in a whole different realm than Kam when it comes to coverage and is quite possibly a better tackler. Because a site has a player's position listed as one thing doesn't make it true.

The whole world is wrong and you are right.

The reason why some call Berry a "free safety" is because he is a great safety. As such he is projected to go Tampa bay who plays cover-2 defense. In cover-2 both safeties plays the same role. Eric Berry is a perfect fit there as he will play in cover-2 as just a safety either left or right. On other teams he would fit at strong safety, much like Y Bell plays for us. He plays SS now, he is listed by draft experts as SS.

The whole world is wrong and you are right.

The reason why some call Berry a "free safety" is because he is a great safety. As such he is projected to go Tampa bay who plays cover-2 defense. In cover-2 both safeties plays the same role. Eric Berry is a perfect fit there as he will play in cover-2 as just a safety either left or right. On other teams he would fit at strong safety, much like Y Bell plays for us. He plays SS now, he is listed by draft experts as SS.

I never said everyone was wrong and I was right. But I guarantee I'm not the only one that feels Berry is a free safety. Personally, I feel he is the best safety period and would play either side to perfection.

I'm arguing the fact that you called Kam Chancellor the BEST free safety in the draft. And that's not even true. Even if Eric Berry was strictly a strong safety, you are forgetting Earl Thomas as well.

with Berry and Suh off the board and no trade down options, who are your top 5 picks for #12?

1 Dez Bryant
2 Rolando McClain
3 CJ Spillar
4 Earl Thomas
5 Brandon Spikes
1:Rolando McClain
2:Brandon Graham
3:Ricky Sapp
4:Jerry Hughes
5: Dez Bryant

Berry is a moot point. Berrry will be gone in top 3 just like Suh will be gone. I could say that both suck. But who cares? They will be gone in top 3.

Berry is a moot point. Berrry will be gone in top 3 just like Suh will be gone. I could say that both suck. But who cares? They will be gone in top 3.

True, he is not in my top 5 because he will be gone.

But my whole argument in the beginning was stating that Kam Chancellor is not an upgrade over even Gibril and he's most likely an NFL strong safety, and maybe a back up at that.

Back
Top Bottom