Your Top 5 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Top 5

anyways... realistically here's my top 5 for us as of RIGHT now and with explanations...

1.Rolando McClain ILB Alabama-Not only is he athletic, but he's extremely smart. Bama Coaches and players have praised him all year for recognizing plays and calling the right audibles.

2.Dez Bryant WR, Ok State-Compares favorably to OchoCinco. We saw Bess and Hartline emerge has fairly reliable options, but we need a guy that can command respect in the passing game.

3.Navarro Bowman LB, Penn State- A little short at 6'1, but he looks bigger than his listed weight of 230. Bowman is an athletic freak that can attack the LOS and also drop into coverage. If he has a poor combine or is smaller than what he's listed, he'll fall off my list

4.Earl Thomas S, Texas-We need a true FS. Chris Clemons had some solid moments, but not enough to say he could be a starter. Thomas is a RS junior so he may not come out, but he'd be tempting.

5.CJ Spiller RB, Clemson-Although this really isn't a need, Ricky isn't getting any younger and only wants to play 1 more year, Ronnie has finished the season on IR 2 of the last 3 seasons, and has only played in all 16 games 1 time, and neither Patrick Cobbs or Lex Hilliard are number 1 guys (though are good guys to have). Spiller is one of the fastest guys in the draft, and is a home run hitter; something only one player on our offense really is capable of (Ted Ginn).

Now some other guys I think we could look at come April

Jared Odrick DT, PSU-He'd be a DE for us. Ndmanokong Suh was unbelievable this year, and because of that I don't think people realize how good Odrick was. Odrick will see his stock raise going into April and may be an option at 12.

Everson Griffen DE/OLB USC- Great measurements and was considered one of the best DE prospects in recent memory. Only a full time starter as a junior, but has had a solid career. Should test very well

Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan-Could fall due to lack of size, but he's more athletic than people give him credit. Great leader and played as a DE in a 3-4 this year, a DT as a freshmen in a 4-3, and has experience as an MLB (HS, and every practice before his freshmen season when he put on a lot of weight)

Dan Williams DT, Tennessee-Playing for Ed Ogeron and Monte Kiffen really helped this guy. Williams had a great senior season and could be the top NT in the draft.

I love Brandon graham at OLB/DE. Played very tough and well against some tough OLs.

Graham, Brandon
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michigan[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Height: 6-2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight: 263[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Led the nation in tackles for a loss this season, totaling 26 on the year. The second team All-American (Walter Camp, Associated Press and Sporting News) also tallied 10.5 sacks for the Wolverines in 2009, which ranked 14th in the country. He was a first team All-Big Ten selection by both the league coaches and media and a finalist for the Hendricks Award this year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For his career, the Detroit native racked up 56 tackles for a loss and 29.5 sacks. He finished his senior season as the Chicago Tribune Silver Football recipient as the co-MVP of the Big Ten. He is just the second defensive player in the last 25 years to earn the award.[/FONT]

1. Rolando McClain OLB
2. Carlos Dunlap DE
3. Earl Thomas S
4. Cj Spiller RB
5 Dez Bryant WR

1. Dez Bryant (Must pick him to replace Ms. Ginn)
2. CJ Spiller (Ronnie traded/tendered for a 2nd, Ricky age 33)
3. Rolando McClain (Obviously fills a huge need)
4. Joe Haden (Not a need but too elite to pass up, Sean Smith could be a NB)
5. Earl Thomas (Huge need and very close to Eric Berry in talent)

I know our defense sucks but I see more options to fix it in FA (Wilfork, Hampton, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, Otogwe, maybe Rolle if he's cut) then I do see FA options for our offense.

RB is a position best filled in the draft given the short life spans for that position and the elite WR options (Marhsall and Austin) will cost a 1st and a 3rd. Boldin will cost too much too and he's getting too old now anyway. TO would be cheaper but a stop gap option only.

Nah...we gotta fill RB and WR in the draft.

Round 1.) CJ Spiller
Round 2.) Golden Tate

That would be ideal. I'm hoping we end up with an early 2nd round pick (to pull off the Golden Tate pick) via Ronnie being tendered for a 2nd and then hopefully signed by DET or CLE.

1. mclain
2. c.j. spiller
3. dez bryant
4. taylor mays/earl thomas
5. spikes/navarro boweman

ill be real interested to see the combine results. one thing, i hope to god we dont take terrance cody with the first pick. if hes there at 44, than thats fine, but not 12th overall. he probally wouldnt even play 50% of the snaps.

The idea the Smith was a mistake pick in the 2nd is absolutely retarded - like U2-is-a-good-band-type retarded.

Smith didn't make as many plays as I had hoped, but for the most part, he shut his man down each week. He and V. Davis were both AMAZING values, and they'll both be great CB's for a long time.

The original list doesn't look too bad to me, but I'd take Spiller over McClain. While D is a big need -and ILB is a BIG need - I don't see McClain as a much (if at all) better pro than Micah Johnson. Bryant and Spiller are game-changers. I only worry that Spiller isn't in the mold that our FO likes.

I would say yes, absolutely.

I think it's hilarious that Kam Chancelor is not a top 50 safety, but last year 4 safeties went at the top of the 2d round: Louis Delmas 33, Patrick Chung 34, Michael Mitchel 47 to Oakland, and Marcel McBath to Denver at 48. And Kam Chancelor is not good enough. That is too funny!:up:

#1: Dez Bryant WR
#2: Rolando McClain ILB
#3: Jerry Hughes OLB
#4: Brandon Spikes ILB
#5: Joe Haden CB ( I know we have two really good CB's but if Haden is as good as people say he is i wouldnt mind having him)

White yes. But most teams had Sean Smith as one of the top 5 corners in the draft. To get him where we did is GREAT drafting. Get a clue man.

Dude, we had 2 picks in that second round, and Andre Goodman on the roster. And we got Smith and White, and paid money for Eric Green and Gabril Wilson. Horrible. The worst. This alone should raise flags about the thinking process in the FO. Are they frocking around, or are they there to win? I think they are frucking around.

Dude, we had 2 picks in that second round, and Andre Goodman on the roster. And we got Smith and White, and paid money for Eric Green and Gabril Wilson. Horrible. The worst. This alone should raise flags about the thinking process in the FO. Are they frocking around, or are they there to win? I think they are frucking around.

Andre Goodman was signed by the Broncos almost 2 months before the draft.

As for Jacob Lacey having more tackles and INT's, I'd probably try to throw his way too. Sean Smith is a great cover corner who is usually stride for stride with his man. That usually happens to be when quarterbacks DON'T throw his way.

By the way, player number 2 on those stats I brought up, is Nnamdi Asomugha, the best cornerback in the league. His stats show merely anything because he is shutdown. If you want a player based on stats, that's fine. But if you'd take Andre Goodman and Jacob Lacey over Nnamdi Asomugha, you have got to be kidding me.

Andre Goodman was a shutdown corner last year. He signed for essentially the same contract of $10 mill guaranted as Will Allen. Yet we all knew that Will Allen was not good enough and we needed corner help. Then, insteada of signing Goodman who was shutdown last year, they kept Will Allen. Then, instead of playing the #1 pick Davis at Goodman's spot, they assigned the spot to Smith the second pick, and kept Allen. Then they let Renaldo hill go, who signed a four year $10 mil contract, only to get Wilson for 5 year, $27 million.

WRONG WRONG ALL WRONG

Back
Top Bottom