Your Top 5 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Top 5

Andre Goodman was a shutdown corner last year. He signed for essentially the same contract of $10 mill guaranted as Will Allen. Yet we all knew that Will Allen was not good enough and we needed corner help. Then, insteada of signing Goodman who was shutdown last year, they kept Will Allen. Then, instead of playing the #1 pick Davis at Goodman's spot, they assigned the spot to Smith the second pick, and kept Allen. Then they let Renaldo hill go, who signed a four year $10 mil contract, only to get Wilson for 5 year, $27 million.

WRONG WRONG ALL WRONG

You're not giving me example of why Sean Smith was a bad choice. He was a great cover corner this year. He needs to work on playing the ball and tackling, but in terms of coverage, he was solid. Vontae Davis got burnt a few times too, does that mean he was a bad choice.

Face it, Goodman and Renaldo Hill are both in their 30's already and will probably start to decline. Vontae and Sean are both young, and now have a year of experience and know what to work on.

The only move this off-season I'm really questioning is Gibril Wilson, but I can understand why they went for him considering his play in New York.

As for Pat White and Patrick Turner, I still don't know what the future holds as I am not psychic, but I give them chances to prove themselves. Pat White as a quarterback, probably not, but I doubt that's truly what he was brought in to do.

Pat White and Sean Smith in the second round last year were big mistakes. Our D front needs improvement as well as our receivers.

Trade: Paul Soliai, Will Allen, Fasano, and Joey Porter.

Draft in order:

1a. Terrence Cody, 1b. Joe Haden, 1c. Brandon Spikes, 1d. Brandon Graham
2a. Kam Chancellor, 2b. Danario Alexander, 2c. Nate Allen 2d. Marty Gilyard
3a. Jimmy Graham/Dedrick Epps, 3b. Phillip Dillard, 3c. Freddie Barnes, 3d. Brandon Harris CB.

I watch all VT games cause of where i live/friends. I'll help you out here...Kam Chancellor is POO POO. theres really no other way to put it, he's a big guy but thats about it, he reminds me a lot of G. Wilson but a worse tackler

I watch all VT games cause of where i live/friends. I'll help you out here...Kam Chancellor is POO POO. theres really no other way to put it, he's a big guy but thats about it, he reminds me a lot of G. Wilson but a worse tackler

Thank you. Even VT Dolphan said it earlier, and he is a VT fan.

The kid has no instincts. He gets juked out of position on simple moves and left behind by 4 yards, and even when he runs side by side, which is what every high school corner can do, he often fails to make a play. Let's hope for the best because he is not a load on the budget, but drafting such a player, with no athleticism and insticts for the position was a huge waste for a second round pick IMO.

The kid has no instincts. He gets juked out of position on simple moves and left behind by 4 yards, and even when he runs side by side, which is what every high school corner can do, he often fails to make a play. Let's hope for the best because he is not a load on the budget, but drafting such a player, with no athleticism and insticts for the position was a huge waste for a second round pick IMO.

He had his bad moments, but what rookie doesn't? Smith looks very promising, as does Vontae who gave up a few crucial plays. Cornerback shouldn't even be a worry unless you're trading Will Allen and looking for a nickel.

The main worry in the secondary is Gibril Wilson.

He had his bad moments, but what rookie doesn't? Smith looks very promising, as does Vontae who gave up a few crucial plays. Cornerback shouldn't even be a worry unless you're trading Will Allen and looking for a nickel.

The main worry in the secondary is Gibril Wilson.

Bell is just as much of a worry. Biggest difference is Bell was able to chase people down from behind, but there is a reason why the second part of the season we saw Culver and Clemons come in at the same time. Plus, neither safety has been forcing TOs (Bell's INT was a gimme).

As for Smith like WB said, he was in really good position most of the time, but he wouldn't get his head around for the INT. He had a couple bad tackling attempts, but for the most part his problem was just turning around.

Vontae got beat a bit more and that was cause he gambled a bit more. But Vontae also was a huge difference maker for us too this season. I think we're set at CB.

Even with both's ups and downs, they were hurt badly by poor deep coverage by both Bell and Wilson. There were several plays I saw where Smith and/or Davis were either short coverage or trailing coverage but our safeties were slow getting over to deep coverage.

Big plays by WRs aren't always CBs faults, we played our safeties deep a lot due to our rookies, and both safeties still played too shallow (that of course could be cause of our LBs being drek in coverage)

Bell is just as much of a worry. Biggest difference is Bell was able to chase people down from behind, but there is a reason why the second part of the season we saw Culver and Clemons come in at the same time. Plus, neither safety has been forcing TOs (Bell's INT was a gimme).

As for Smith like WB said, he was in really good position most of the time, but he wouldn't get his head around for the INT. He had a couple bad tackling attempts, but for the most part his problem was just turning around.

Vontae got beat a bit more and that was cause he gambled a bit more. But Vontae also was a huge difference maker for us too this season. I think we're set at CB.

Even with both's ups and downs, they were hurt badly by poor deep coverage by both Bell and Wilson. There were several plays I saw where Smith and/or Davis were either short coverage or trailing coverage but our safeties were slow getting over to deep coverage.

Big plays by WRs aren't always CBs faults, we played our safeties deep a lot due to our rookies, and both safeties still played too shallow (that of course could be cause of our LBs being drek in coverage)

actually you hardly ever saw culver in and bell taken out. towards the end they started putting culver in and moving bell into the box as a cover LB because we have probably the worst cover LBs in the league...

Jacob Lacey Undrafted: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12993

Smith and White in the 2nd is the worst drafting job in a long time.

Lacey playes in the Colts cover 2 scheme with safety help 90%of the time so obviously he is not going to get burt most of the time. Our Safeties are playing press man coverage a majority of the time so any minor mistake is going to be much more obvious. The fact that MIA did not change their scheme to protect the 2 young corners tells you 2 things. First they thing very highly of these players and figure they can handle the pressure and difficulty of playing man. Number 2 they were willing to sacrifice some this season to give these guys the experience the will need in the future.

Back to the rankings...

Assuming Berry and Suh are the only players not available:

1. Rolando McClain (I might actually cry if he goes before #12)
2. Dez Bryant (has a great shot to be a playmaker, hopefully would develop into a #1)
3. Russell Okung (how can we not take him if he drops and McClain and Bryant are gone??)
4. Earl Thomas (a safety with coverage skills? sign me up!)
5. Joe Haden (can't pass up a shutdown corner)

1. Rolando McClain (Can't see him fall past Denver)
2. Dez Bryant (A shot at a true #1)
3. Dan Williams(hopefully after a trade down )
4. Earl Thomas (A FS and a SS > 2SS!)
5. CJ Spiller (can be the wow factor Ginn was meant to be)

I believe that QB's will fall this year and that 12 may be a good spot to trade this year. Rounds 2 and 3/4 could boost our LB core

1. McClain
2. Cody
3. Bryant
4. Spiller
5. Norwood

1. Dez Bryant
2. C.J. Spiller
3. Brandon Spike
4. Terrence Cody
5. Golden Tate

Back
Top Bottom