Your top 50 players list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your top 50 players list

Alex44

Chicago Bears GM
Reaction score
Okay yes I know most people wont have the time/attention span to actually do this, but the idea comes from the top 50 players list that was posted in the Miami Dolphins forum, so if you have the time list 50 if not 25, maybe even 10, just wondering what you all think

1- Donovan Mcnabb - Doesnt have the rings, but is the best player at the most important position in the game, he has taken his team places with an offense that a college team could shut down minus Donovan, No running game, no go to WR before TO, who turned out making the team WORSE in the long run

2- Peyton Manning - Probally the most prolific passer of my generation, but seems to fold in big games despite all the talent around him, will he win a superbowl? Maybe, but untill he does he is #2

3- Tom Brady - By far the least physically talented of the top 3, but makes big plays in big games, reason he isnt #1 is because he has always had a better all around team, that wasnt soley dependant on him

4- Shaun Alexander - Quietly has been the best RB in the game the past few years, he doesnt put up the recieving numbers that a Ladanian Tomlinson does, but that may be due to the fact that he has a more spread around offense, fact is he has back to back years where he either won the rushing title or fell a yard short...and thats amazing

5- Ladanian Tomlinson - Great pass catcher, Amazing runner, enough said.

6- Torry Holt - The most sound WR in the game since Jerry Rice, he has the hands, deceptive speed, and runs amazing routes, and doesnt bring the baggage of a TO

7- Julius Peppers - Has a non stop motor, plays great against the pass, and has a nose for the ball on run plays, great DE

8- Randy Moss - Hands down THE most physically talented player in the game, but never seems to have his head on right, if he actually decided to work hard on his game he would be a force that the league will never see again

9- Champ Bailey - A shut down corner in a game where there are supposed to be no such things as shut down corners due to the new rules....well he is doing it.

10- Ed Reed - Best safety in the league hands down, has amazing speed, great hands for a defensive player, can block kicks, and is a solid tackler

11- Chad Johnson - Great WR, good mix of size speed and hands, could be one of the best when its all said and done

12- Carson Palmer - I admit I was a doubter when he came out of USC, but he has proved any and all critics wrong, including me

13- Jonothan Odgen - A good O-line starts with the left tackle, and there isnt another like him

14 - Marvin Harrison - Probally the most under rated player in the league, but he runs great routes, and has great hands

15- Antonio Gates -What a moster TE, amazing speed, great hands, and if he develops just a little more as a blocker....wow

16- Walter Jones - Is only this low on the list because he played next to a monster LG. If he plays the same without Hutchinson there he is deserving of a top 10 spot

17- Clinton Portis - By Far the most under rated RB in the game, when speaking of elite backs his name never seems to come up enough, even though he is on pace to possibly shatter some rushing records

18- Steve Smith - Small guy with heart....and blazing speed, great hands, his size is the only thing holding him back from being the best WR in the NFL

19 - Steve Hutchinson - Great LG, but can he play the same without Walter next to him?

20 - Sean Taylor - Ed Reed like in his ability, there is no ceiling on this kids potential

21- Ben Roethlisberger - Hasnt shown the ability to single handedly carry his team yet, but makes all the right plays at all the right times

22 - Larry Fitzgerald - Not the fastest WR, but he more than makes up for that in other areas

23 - Brian Urlacher - With his size/speed combo he can play a number of different positions on defense

24 - Terrel Owens - Huge mouth, Huge playmaker

25 - Tony Gonzalez - Another Monster at TE, but may be on the tail end of his career, although he hasnt shown it yet, Id expect his play to decline soon

26- Edgerrin James - Another explosive runner, great power, and was one of the fastest before an unfortunate injury.....

27- Derrik Brooks - Guy is amazing....hands down the best OLB in the game

28 - Ray Lewis, going into last year he would have been in my top 10, but it looks like age and injuries have caught up with him

29 - Orlando Pace- Another huge guy that can anchor an O-line

30 - Marcus Stroud - Huge run stuffing DT that any team would be lucky to have

31- Anquan Boldin - Great WR, like Fitzgerald he isnt the fastest but man he can make plays

32- Tiki Barber - Under rated player, and I believe he is on the borderline of being an 'Elite' RB

33- Zach Thomas - The little engine that could, no-one expected this when he was drafted, but he can sure make all the plays, and then some

34 - Dwight Freeney - A one trick poney, excellent pass rusher but he is never in the play against the run, he could be a top 20 player if he decides he wants to be a run stopper as well

35 - Jason Taylor - Great run and Pass defender, unfortunatly like Ray Lewis age and injuries just may be catching up with him

36 - Troy Polamalu - As soon as he proves he can be dominate on a consistant basis I will have him in a better spot on the list

37 - Trent Green - No WR's yet puts up amazing passing numbers every year....

38 - Daunte Culpepper- Not trying to be a homer, but if he can come back off his injury he can be a top player again

39 - Al Wilson - Very under rated LB, but he is a great player to have in the middle

40 - Jonothan Vilma - Great player, cant wait to see him develope

41 - Takeo Spikes - If he stays healthy he can dominate

42- Patrick Surtain - Another shut down corner in a game where there arent supposed to be any

43 - Shaun Rodgers - A huge DT that really makes plays

44 - Simeon Rice - Great DE for most of his career but unfortunatly is on the down side of it

45 - Michael Strahan - See Simeon Rice

46 - Michael Vick - He can run...and finds ways to win, but untill he develops as a passer he wont be top 30

47 - Richard Seymore - Can play DT or DE, and is a disruptive force

48 - John Henderson - Another good DT

49 - Hines Ward - Doesnt do anything great, but does everything well

50 - Andre Johnson - Over looked because he plays for the Texans but he is a monster WR

no way is McNabb better than Manning...no.way.in.hell

but other than that...it's not a bad list

Rocky Raccoon said:
no way is McNabb better than Manning...no.way.in.hell

but other than that...it's not a bad list

Just my personal opinion

I think he is a better leader than Manning, with better skills than Brady

Try to put him in Mannings place and imagine the numbers he might put up....

I have no problem with rating the QB's in any order though

Alex22 said:
Just my personal opinion

I think he is a better leader than Manning, with better skills than Brady

Try to put him in Mannings place and imagine the numbers he might put up....

I have no problem with rating the QB's in any order though

oh don't think I was disrespecting your opinion...I was just saying that IMO Manning is the best player in the game.

But like I said...good list overall

I won't go 50 deep because I have to go to bed at some point...:lol:

1.) Tom Brady - The best player in the game. He has the rings and he's the most clutch Q.B. on the planet. A first ballot Hall of Famer who is just now entering his prime.

2.) Champ Bailey - The best in the game at one of the most important positions in the game.

3.) Walter Jones - See Champ Bailey. The franchise left tackle of franchise left tackles. Canton is calling him.

4.) Peyton Manning - I'd dearly love to rank him lower. Last year convinced me that he'll never win a thing. Let's see how he does without Edge.

5.) Edge James - The best all around runner in football. The pass protection runner in the NFL, great hands, deceptive power, does'nt put it on the ground.

6.) Ed Reed - Playmaker personified. The new leader of the Ravens and the best safety in football. He does so many things so well.

7.) Carson Palmer - One more year like last year and I put him at #2.

8.) Ladanian Tomlinson - The best pure "runner" in the game in my opinion.

9.) Jason Taylor - He's the best all around defensive end in the game. Constantly double teamed, always making plays. His motor does'nt stop. I think he is actually underrated on a league wide basis. Dwight Freeney wishes he was as well rounded.

10.) Steve Smith - He was all the Panthers had for long stretches on offense last year and he got them to the Championship game. I think he'll be even better in 2006.

Just out of my top 10:

Richard Seymour, Brian Urlacher, Tiki Barber, Torry Holt, Julius Peppers and Clinton Portis.

No where to be found in my top 50 (if I had time before going to bed):

Ray Lewis, Ron Mexico or Simeon Rice.

AlexCane9015 said:
that list is a joke

If you're talking about mine then I thank you for your well thought out input.

If you're talking about Alex's then, without speaking for him, he'll thank you for your well thought out input.

Yours is definitely a very good list, I like it about as much as I could anyones who is not my own.

A couple differences is Brian Dawkins is still the best Safety in football in my opinion. He's at least the most complete. Taylor and Brown are the two that might be better.

There is no way Ed Reed is the best safety in the game. Out of centerfield Ed just isn't there. He's a turnover machine but he's a liability out of zone, and he's not great against the run by any means. I really believe Reed has become the most overrated player. I'm not ragging on you by any means but what I put emphasis on for a safety is versatility and Ed just isn't versatile.

Tiki I'd have alot higher to, most undderated player in the League. Best RB over the past two years in performance in my opinion. Just as balanced as LT, less dynamic but far more consistent and the Giants oline has been if anything only slightly better than the Chargers.

I really don't consider Ogden in the same claass as Jones anymore. The past two years Walter has been far better the question is tho does it have to do with everyone around him, we'll see this year but based on wat ching film I tend to think Hutch benefited from Walt more than the other way around.

GoonBoss said:
Dwight Freeny.....Better Than JT......[Dr Evil] Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight [/Dr Evil]
I really hope your joking.

Take a look at Pete Prisco's Top Fifty players...this guy is a buffoon!
He has the biggest choker in the NFL at #1 and he only has one Dolphins player in the top fifty....Jason Taylor at 46th, wtf???:fire:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Take a look at Pete Prisco's Top Fifty players...this guy is a buffoon!
He has the biggest choker in the NFL at #1 and he only has one Dolphins player in the top fifty....Jason Taylor at 46th, wtf???:fire:

I made a decision about 2 years ago to avoid anything Prisco writes. The guy is a bandwagon jumper who never has independent thought.

Back
Top Bottom