You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

You are entitled to your opinion on how much difference it makes, but even your examples are not as small.

Of those, I would definitely say Mahomes is the best, and 6'3" is not 6'0".

Look, there is no doubt that a smaller QB can be sucessful. To argue otherwise would be silly, but there is a reason there is such a thing as prototypical body types for different positions. It isn't just QBs.

I also think in this particular case, the durability concerns are obvious, and legitimate.

3" is literally minuscule. Prototype is how you end up with Sam Darnolds, Josh Allens and Josh Rosens of the NFL world.

Durability is a concern for any size qb at any time and it has nothing to do with height.

3" is literally minuscule. Prototype is how you end up with Sam Darnolds, Josh Allens and Josh Rosens of the NFL world.

Durability is a concern for any size qb at any time and it has nothing to do with height.
Now you are conflating two different issues. If a 6'5" QB had two ankle surgeries, and a devistating hip injury/surgery, my concerns would be the same, as far as durability.

The size issue is just another part of the equation, and 3" is not "miniscule", IMO.

We can both rationalize our respective positions until the cows come home, but the concerns with this guy are legitimate to any rational person.

The only question is that of risk, and what are the chances of Tua have a long successful career.

I don't think the chances are good. You, obviously, do.

Now you are conflating two different issues. If a 6'5" QB had two ankle surgeries, and a devistating hip injury/surgery, my concerns would be the same, as far as durability.

The size issue is just another part of the equation, and 3" is not "miniscule", IMO.

We can both rationalize our respective positions until the cows come home, but the concerns with this guy are legitimate to any rational person.

The only question is that of risk, and what are the chances of Tua have a long successful career.

I don't think the chances are good. You, obviously, do.

Touche my friend.

We can probably go back and forth all day and never change anything haha.

Durability is a tremendous concern in regards to Tua. Them's the facts.

I hold my breath every time he gets tackled. Anyone that would deny that just isn't ready to face reality yet.

However, his talent is too good for me to pass on if all I have to do is figure out a way to teach him to protect himself better and play smarter. As opposed to betting on any of these other quarterbacks and gambling on whether or not they can play.

The only question is the the hip and what's to come of it.

If I am on the clock and another GM calls me, I know enough that it is probably a Madden game and all these hypothetical scenarios are all make believe.

Back
Top Bottom