You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

Jacksonville has 9 and 20, i'd take that and there 2021 1st as well.

I doubt J Ville is giving that up for the 5th pick in the draft. If they are giving up that much to get 5 then they might as well go after the first pick.
I would take the raiders trade depending on who fell. If Tua is healthy and the front office believes he is a franchise-type guy then u take your shot.
I personally am not a fan of Tua as this level with his injury history and size.

The Vegas trade might be more likely than unlikely. It's public knowledge that they don't like Carr. It's also public knowledge that Gruden loves Tua in a big way.

It isn't that big of a trade up, and it isn't even a top 3 pick we are talking about. I think a lot of Dolphin fans would want both 1st rounders this year and their 1st next year, myself included.

It may come to that but it would probably require a player and a 2nd rounder this year or next to get the three 1st round picks.

Raiders would probably want Preston Williams. They might take Albert Wilson if we paid his salary. They might take Godchaux as 2nd round value as well.

Dolphins don't have much left as far as players with trade value.

If the Dolphin were asked to take on Derek Carr and his 20 mil a year+ contract then I could see actually getting the three 1st round picks from them and that......would be hard to turn down.

Dolphins give Albert Wilson,Davon Godchaux,the 2nd from the Saints this year and the 5th pick in the draft if Tua is there, and receive both the Raiders 1st round picks this year and their 1st round pick in 2021 and they take on Carr and his contract.

Dolphins would probably have to just keep Carr in 2020 and trade him in 2021. Doubt Rosen has any trade value at all but they might be able to get a 6th from somebody.

I would do that deal. I think a very nice crop of elite QB's will emerge in the 2021 draft class. Maybe the Texans or the Raiders stink it up bad next season and we wouldn't even have to trade up to get Trevor Lawrence.

I doubt J Ville is giving that up for the 5th pick in the draft. If they are giving up that much to get 5 then they might as well go after the first pick.
I would take the raiders trade depending on who fell. If Tua is healthy and the front office believes he is a franchise-type guy then u take your shot.
I personally am not a fan of Tua as this level with his injury history and size.
You're right I was just swinging for the fences on that one, however there 2 picks are valued at 2200 and ours is at 1700 so that wouldn't be unheard of if they were in love with Tua since he may go to the Chargers at 6. Oakland would have to thrown in the 80th pick as well for me to bite.

You're right I was just swinging for the fences on that one, however there 2 picks are valued at 2200 and ours is at 1700 so that wouldn't be unheard of if they were in love with Tua since he may go to the Chargers at 6. Oakland would have to thrown in the 80th pick as well for me to bite.

If I am Oakland and they dont move just give up less and get Herbert or Tua with a diff trade.
The chargers and Tua are a possibility Im not taking Tua unless he is healthy though

If I am Oakland and they dont move just give up less and get Herbert or Tua with a diff trade.
The chargers and Tua are a possibility Im not taking Tua unless he is healthy though
I agree I want a Tua that gets a great med report for sure, I doubt Oakland can hold tight at 12. They have the Chargers, Panthers, and Jags that pick before them I say tua and Herbert are both gone by the 7th pick. If I was a betting man we take Tua and the Chargers take Herbert, or the opposite and the forum crashes. Should be exciting regardless.

Oakland...11 & 13.
11, 13, 18, and 26ish would give us a QB prospect and three starters.

Not only yes, Hell to the FREAKING yes... where do we sign? Oh, if you want, we can take Carr (and his salary) off of your hands too.

You guys are looking in the wrong place.

The Raiders have selections 12 and 19. Not 11 and 13.

So a potential trade with LV would give MIA selections 12, 18, 19, **25 (wherever the HOU pick lands).

Not sure LV would offer that deal. By the point value system most teams use, its an overpay by a couple hundred points.

I’m not sure I’d go for that trade anyway. I might be more tempted for another 1st in 2021 than another this season. Say #5 for #12 their 3rd rounder this season (#80) (they don’t have a 2nd) and their 1st rounder in 2021. Something along those lines.

That‘d give MIA 12, 18, **25 this season + another 3rd this season and 3 1st round picks in 2021 too.

2020‘s first three rounds would be: 12, 18, **25, 39, 56, 70, 80

Pretty nice for a rebuilding team.

Last edited:
Fair enough... I just went with what was posted. Heh! It was fun to watch the heads explode.

In all seriousness...Whatever it required to make the trade equitable... I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've long believed that teams with many needs are better off to trade down.

Fair enough... I just went with what was posted. Heh! It was fun to watch the heads explode.

In all seriousness...Whatever it required to make the trade equitable... I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've long believed that teams with many needs are better off to trade down.

As much as I like Tua, there’s enough concern health wise that I’d consider a trade down with any team that was willing to seriously overpay. If the Raiders would offer 12 and 19 and 80 or 12 and 80 and their 1st next season — I’d seriously think about it,

But as someone else said, if they’re gonna part with that much, they’d likely trade up to 2, 3 or 4.

I'm listening to all offers... even calling those above us just to check pricing, but I wouldn't pull the trigger to move up unless the price was ridiculously low.

Back
Top Bottom