You’re The Gm – What Would You Do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re The Gm – What Would You Do?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
So now, the Dolphins are on the clock… let’s take a second to look at the board and see who is available:
  • Derwin James – FS/CB – Florida State
    • Would be able to fill in and be that hybrid player within the secondary that the Dolphins have been missing for years – they would finally have someone that can cover opposing Tight ends.
  • Roquan Smith – LB – Georgia
    • A tackling machine. There is no better read and re-act linebacker in this draft.
  • Mile McGlinchey – OT- Notre Dame
    • Another first round pick on the oline? Yes, I understand that, but Mike would provide insurance on Ja’Wuan James who has never played a full season.
  • Vita Vea – DT – Washington
    • The most common selection on mock drafts based on the Dolphins releasing Suh. Vea looks like the next Haloti Ngata.
  • Trade back
    • Is there a team that covet those 4 players more than the Dolphins? If so, should the Dolphins trade back, obtain more picks? But if they do, they miss out on top talent level (remember Earl Thomas vs Jared Odrick)
The clock is ticking…what’s your choice and why?
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/04/09/youre-the-gm-what-would-you-do/

In my opinion, James is the best of those players. So that's who I'd go with. Smith would be my #2 choice.

"Trade back" is completely circumstantial. Without knowing the details of how far you're dropping and what your getting, it's impossible to know whether it's the correct move or not. Of the players, it's Smith or Vea for me.

I see that as a possibility.

Imo, this team needs to score. This teams needs a great offensive backfield, and weapons. We have trouble scoring. in addition, we can have injuries. What happens if Tannehill goes down again?
We are one of the teams that cannot afford to pass on a great QB prospect.

In addition, this is a great running back class. Drake is a phenom, but I think we need to add to that backfield. Make it even more scary. Add Michel, Chubb, RoJo. There are quite a few running backs in this class that are round one value imo, that are feature backs, that can carry the offense. I don't think we should pass on that. I think our offensive backfield is far from top 10 or scary.

Calvin Ridley would help, Michael Gallup, Dante Pettis. There are some really good receivers in this class. At TE, a big-catch radius guy like Fumagalli. We could use a RG and an OT. the main problem with this team was it could not score.

Imo, this team needs to score. This teams needs a great offensive backfield, and weapons. We have trouble scoring. in addition, we can have injuries. What happens if Tannehill goes down again?
We are one of the teams that cannot afford to pass on a great QB prospect.

In addition, this is a great running back class. Drake is a phenom, but I think we need to add to that backfield. Make it even more scary. Add Michel, Chubb, RoJo. There are quite a few running backs in this class that are round one value imo, that are feature backs, that can carry the offense. I don't think we should pass on that. I think our offensive backfield is far from top 10 or scary.

Calvin Ridley would help, Michael Gallup, Dante Pettis. There are some really good receivers in this class. At TE, a big-catch radius guy like Fumagalli. We could use a RG and an OT. the main problem with this team was it could not score.

I wouldn't even mind Guice in the first, but that may be too early for him. Love Michel. You are right, there is absolutely no one to fear on offense. On defense either, if we are being honest.

I think Rudolph is a bit underrated. He doesn't have a strong arm, but I like his accuracy and his deep ball is nice. He also seems to have a good sense as to when to scramble and get some yards with his legs. It will be interesting to see how high he goes. I can see San Diego, New Orleans and Arizona taking him, maybe even New England.

Rudolph is severely underrated, and for two primary reasons: He outperformed everyone but Baker and Lamar, and he did it from the pocket, and two he is the cleanest prospect in the draft. That's what I want from a QB, great production, and no red flags, and that's why he is my #1 QB. The other QBs require a leap of faith, and I'm not a fan of that. They may turn out better, but I wouldn't know what facts that is based on.

Trade back if possible. We desperately need an additional 2nd round pick. Trading back would allow us to take LB, FS, and TE in the first 2 rounds, QB in 3rd, RB in 4th. I would be thrilled with that assuming they take good players obv.

I would prefer Vita Vea , But I am not opposed to a move down to grab another 2 or 3 round pick if is or even a 1 next year, I believe in getting as many top tier players on your squad , Injury, or emotions have claimed many, Dion Jordan , Jon Martin,most recently, So give the coaches more options .

James or Smith...Smith if we think we can land a Legit FS in the 2nd/3rd because we have Zero.
If not we take James he will make our defense much more versatile.

Take James. He’ll be a difference maker on day 1.

While trading back would allow for more picks to target positions that usually are not priorities at the top of the 1st round (LB, FS, TE, DT), the talent gap between James and the rest of the safeties is wide.

Back
Top Bottom