You’re The Gm – What Would You Do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re The Gm – What Would You Do?

Smith if available, would look to trade back in the first 3 rounds but only if the value is in our advantage. Looking back at our last 2 drafts with Gase the first 3 rounds results have been mixed and our 4, 5, 6 round picks have contributed just about as much so there is safety in numbers for our drafting process.

with saying we need to score, I really think that a revamped OL should help that problem out just as much as a new weapon behind them. Look at the Broncos from years back, they churned out pro bowl running backs lord knows how many years straight. Everyback they swapped out looked great, do you really think they had that much luck with the draft? no it was an elite OL and scheme. In Ajayi's first game with the Eagles he broke off the 40+ yard td run I think and some eagles fans at work were gushing about him. I was like "look at the hole, Miami didn't give him those kind of holes, I (being a super fat out of shape almost 40 year old) could've ran through that hole and gotten at least 5-10 yards. OUr biggest deal is can T-Hill shake off rust and return to his old self towards the last 7/8 games of 2016. the question was, IF I'm GM, with those as my options, my pick is going to be

1...Trade down if we can stay in the teens and can pick up at least an early 3rd
2...Smith, if smith is the real deal and raekwon comes back healthy with no rust then I think itll up Kikos play also, he mentioned last year being caught out of position feeling like he needed to do too much. maybe he can earn his contract if he only worries about his on welf
3...James, I really don't know anything about him other than I read hes good, I didn't watch FSU at all due to the fact that one of my best friends is a loud mouth FSU fan who has made me never want to watch them.
4...Vea, don't want him but just listing what I would do in your scenario
5..McGlinchy, the only way I want an OL in the first is if its Nelson, solidify defense, If james leaves next year then we can worry about a Tackle in the first, I really don't want us to draft a backup QB to groom in the first, I would be livid with the fins if they drafted a Backup Tackle in the 1st round to groom. If you're drafting OL in first round, it is to be starter. If we draft him and James gets traded somewhere during the draft then I would be a little bit more okay with it. but QB is the only position in first round you draft to groom

Back
Top Bottom