Zach Makes it as a finalist for the HOF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Makes it as a finalist for the HOF

adolfan131313

adolfan in cali
Reaction score

“I am humbled and honored to have my name again be among the finalists for consideration into the Pro Football Hall of Fame," Thomas said. "Just being in the conversation, I feel like I won. Coming from a small town in Texas and getting this far is bigger than I ever allowed myself to dream. The game was my life for 28 years and I enjoyed every moment of it. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t change a thing.”

Still have his jersey hanging in my closet. I wore 54 all through modified, jv and varsity football. Hope he finally gets in.

If only the voters would realize just how awesome ZT really was. He should have been in a long time ago, but fingers crossed that he gets in this time. ZT, you deserve it!

He was amazing! But like Tua(sorry hard to do it) he wasn’t the biggest or fastest or strongest so that immediately puts him at odd with the perception of what a HOF LB should be.

Most think LB and they see Ray Lewis, Urlacher etc. Not ZT!

Most think Qb and think Herbert, Wentz, Elway Big stature, Big arm!

Really hope he breaks through this time. Marino, Bryan Cox and Zach Thomas were my big 3 growing up.

Hats off, once again, for the props Kevin Mawae gave to Zach during Mawae's HOF speech last year. Said without a doubt ZT should be in the Hall.

18:30 mark

Congrats to Zach Thomas. I hope he gets in.

images

He was amazing! But like Tua(sorry hard to do it) he wasn’t the biggest or fastest or strongest so that immediately puts him at odd with the perception of what a HOF LB should be.

Most think LB and they see Ray Lewis, Urlacher etc. Not ZT!

Most think Qb and think Herbert, Wentz, Elway Big stature, Big arm!
That is part of it, but even more than that is the fact that the voters are sportswriters. They look at teams that win, teams from big markets, teams who had lots of big stories written about them, and of course players who filled column inches with a feeling of legends. These guys are professional storytellers who worship fame, and essentially are voting on the highest order of fame. They're less interested in merit and more interested in an aura of appeal. The flaw is that the sportswriters are not judges of actual play ... just judges of relative fame.

Back
Top Bottom