Zach Miller | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Miller

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw that Tampa Bay cut him today. Is he injured? I remember him being pretty good in Oakland. To the point that I believe we were looking at him last year. Would he be a consideration? Would seem to fit the Anthony Fasano mold.

This is what Rotoworld has said in the past (last year)..

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 02:24:00 PM

Jaguars TE Zach Miller will miss a "couple of weeks" with a calf injury.
Previously sidelined with a pectoral injury, Miller had just returned from a multi-week absence on Monday. Injury prone throughout his career, Miller's latest ailment severely damages his chances of making it past final cuts.

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 03:01:00 PM

Jaguars waived/injured TE Zach Miller (calf).
He'll revert to injured reserve if he clears waivers. A converted quarterback, Miller has always had intriguing pass-catching ability, but simply cannot stay healthy. He landed on injured reserve last October with a shoulder injury, and has also battled knee and foot issues. His time in Jacksonville is likely through.

Sounds like he's very injury prone.

I'm starting to suspect there is more than one TE Zach Miller in the league. Was miller with the Jaguars? The one I'm talking about was with Oakland originally, then went to Seattle for two years, and I read an article that says as recently as Aug 11th, Miller was projected to be Seattle's starter this year. Apparently something happened where Miller was traded to Tampa Bay, or is this a different Zach Miller?

NFL.com has a link to the Seattle Zach Miller in the middle of Tampa Bay's cuts:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WR Terriun Crump, LB Jacob Cutrera, WR Chris Denton,DB Anthony Gaitor, WR Derek Hagan, FB Spencer Larsen, TE Zach Miller, WR Carlton Mitchell, S Troy Nolan, DE Ernest Owusu, TE Mike Shanahan, G Adam Smith, DB Branden Smith, RB Michael Smith, QB Adam Weber, DE Markus White

Okay. It looks like there actually are 2 Zach Millers that play tight end. Apparently this one - the one that Tampa just cut - is not the good one. The good one is still in Seattle. So as Gilda Radner (I think that was her name) would say "Never mind"

It just took me a very confused 5 minutes to sort this out

Back
Top Bottom