Zach Sieler gets contract extension through 2023 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Sieler gets contract extension through 2023

You might be right but job security is scarce in the NFL. There's risk on both sides in waiting. Plus there's value in money now vs money in 2 years time. An extra year with more money now might work out for both sides. I'm sure his agent is on the phone.

Ogbah is going to hit free agency at the right time. Assuming he can stay healthy and continue to produce he'll be in line for a major payday in 2022. With his injury history I don't think the phins would be all that inclined to offer a long term extension this offseason and there's no reason for him to take a short one. Odds are he plays out the next year and gets his money somewhere else.

Its about time they signed him to a longer contract. I liked him since last year. But I think he got injured before he could fully show the goods but in his limited play he STOOD OUT.

He more than deserves it.

Dirt cheap for him, surprised he didn't get more.

He didn't have enough leverage to get more. We could have jerked him around with e.r.f.a tags and whatnot. When you come into the league as a low draft choice, you come to free agency quicker, but there is a downside, you don't have enough tenure to be a unrestricted fa. So these guys tend to sign below market deals that take them to age 27 or 28... when they try again.

Back
Top Bottom