Zach Thomas 2 just ran at the Combine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas 2 just ran at the Combine

I'd take Borland in a heartbeat. Kid's a football player straight and simple. If some of u don't want him, that's fine, but i'll take him as our starting MLB.

Dont get me wrong i love seeing freaking low numbers for players.. . but truthfully i rather take a baller over a speedster at almost every position even WR. Somethings just cant be taught.

I like this kid.
Chubbs
I'm with you Chubbs. The linebacker position is so much about instincts and Borland has that in spades, which means that he plays faster on the football field. That's where it counts. If it drops Borland to the 3rd round some team will get an absolute steal.

I took him off my finmock. I think he will be picked up by someone else with more picks in third round.

While instinctive and a nosebleeder (someone who will stick their nose into the crap), He is not bigger than Zach in other places. Zach had a big neck and more power. Boreland is lighter in the pants to me and since he is a bit slower, in the end, not all that impressive in any other facit of the game.

This draft is important for Oline. If he is there in round 4 I take him. dont get me wrong, instincts are primal, and I think he would be better than others on our team, but there are better guys out there.

I took him off my finmock. I think he will be picked up by someone else with more picks in third round.

While instinctive and a nosebleeder (someone who will stick their nose into the crap), He is not bigger than Zach in other places. Zach had a big neck and more power. Boreland is lighter in the pants to me and since he is a bit slower, in the end, not all that impressive in any other facit of the game.

This draft is important for Oline. If he is there in round 4 I take him. dont get me wrong, instincts are primal, and I think he would be better than others on our team, but there are better guys out there.

I would take him in the 5th or later not earlier

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

I'm with you Chubbs. The linebacker position is so much about instincts and Borland has that in spades, which means that he plays faster on the football field. That's where it counts. If it drops Borland to the 3rd round some team will get an absolute steal.

This new age of TEs is gonna expoze Borland (week to week) even more than ZT was exposed by Gonzalez and the Chiefs in yesteryear - Now every tea is implementing the stretch TE

Sheesh!!!! While I loved Zack as a player...how about we find the next Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis,instead of the next little engine that could.

So going by you three meatheads "No Thanks"...I presume you would rather have the Zack's talent ,than Ray Lewis or a Patrick Willis...Who are you guys? Jeff Ireland?
I'm asking you.."phish""JC""studsatele"...WTF?..drafting like, what you guys suggest is the reason we haven't won in ALONG time...
Damn,some of you...well it's the reason the Dolphins are a laughing stock..good going guys.

So going by you three meatheads "No Thanks"...I presume you would rather have the Zack's talent ,than Ray Lewis or a Patrick Willis...Who are you guys? Jeff Ireland?
I'm asking you.."phish""JC""studsatele"...WTF?..drafting like, what you guys suggest is the reason we haven't won in ALONG time...
Damn,some of you...well it's the reason the Dolphins are a laughing stock..good going guys.

Well there's some slight variations.

Thomas was drafted in the fifth round, while the other two were first rounders. Thomas was somebody who came out of nowhere and had about as good of an NFL career as a linebacker could have.

And to be honest, either three of them would be fine with me at linebacker.

"Well it's the reason the dolphins are a laughing stock" lol get the hell out of here. Because having a guy like Zach Thomas over either Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis would change much. All three of them are talents that don't come around very often. We'd be damn fortunate to have a player like Zach on our team right now.

Well there's some slight variations.

Thomas was drafted in the fifth round, while the other two were first rounders. Thomas was somebody who came out of nowhere and had about as good of an NFL career as a linebacker could have.

And to be honest, either three of them would be fine with me at linebacker.

"Well it's the reason the dolphins are a laughing stock" lol get the hell out of here. Because having a guy like Zach Thomas over either Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis would change much. All three of them are talents that don't come around very often. We'd be damn fortunate to have a player like Zach on our team right now.

Nope,just constantly drafting sub-par talent instead of Hall-of -Fame Talent.

Nope,just constantly drafting sub-par talent instead of Hall-of -Fame Talent.

We've drafted talent...just talent that doesn't fit. Odrick playing better in the 4-3 is no surprise to many of us...he's a 4-3 DT but Ireland drafted him to play DE in the 3-4. Olivier Vernon's struggles in run defense are no surprise to me because he's more of a tweener that would have been a nice fit as a OLB in the 3-4...same with Jordan. Ellerbe is more of a 3-4 ILB but we signed him to play MLB in the 4-3....the list goes on and on and on. We all know that our O-line was a complete failure for the ZBS and yet we just didn't draft guys that fit. You can blame Ireland cause I do and if the rumors of Wallace and Jordan have any truth to them (which I doubt considering it came from La Confora) it would just be more proof that Ireland was getting players the coaching staff was not onboard with and there was a significant disconnect there on personnel (which I think is true).

I don't have the exact quote, but he said something like you win games Monday through Saturday, in preparation, not on Sunday. Dude is one of the most instinctual linebackers I've ever seen.

and humbled in the playoffs....I guess he didn't study.

Back
Top Bottom