zach thomas contrat number ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zach thomas contrat number ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anybody knows what are the number for zach contrat after this upcoming season ?

Does he will be must to rework his deal or will be cut ?, and what are the penalty if we cut him ?

I hope he will retire with fin's jersey.

thanks for this information ;)

looking at his number, it would seem to me that after this year he doesn't have much guaranteed money based on his salary which tells me it would be easier for us to cut him or trade him without hurting our cap to much.

I dont think he'll see that money in 07 or 08. He'll have to restructure or we'll move him imo.

His cap number is too big. Saban is discussing trading him to the Chiefs for a 4th rounder.

Sarcastro said:
His cap number is too big. Saban is discussing trading him to the Chiefs for a 4th rounder.
Okay, and the link to this info is where?

He will not be traded this year just as Madison will not be traded or cut this year either, because it would be more of a cap hit this year if either of them were not on are team. check the salary cap information from this site.

Hopefully he won't. He is very underrated he works his tail off, I love to see him play.

Zach will be a Phin in 2005. But, look for Saban to start moving away from the "undersized" LBs we have now and start stocking up on players that are bigger and stronger. Zach may still be here in 2006, maybe not.....but I definately look for him to be gone by 2007, whether he is willing to restructure or not.
There is an article on this sites main page that refers to this, but also remember that its been stated that Saban wants to vary his defensive schemes using both the 4-3 and the 3-4. Bigger, stronger LBs fit the 3-4 better than undersized speedy guys.

IMO the only reason Zach Thomas and Sam Madison are not being shopped currently is because of the cap hit if they were let go. There is no guaranteed money for Zach next year which means he will probably be traded after this season.

here is a link to his current contract details. Zach received most if not all of his guaranteed money in 2003 and this year. It doesn't look like he has guaranteed money after this year which obviously means he can be traded and clear alot of cap space after this season.

I tried to send a link to the information, but I haven't posted 100 times yet, so below is the copied information.

The new contract totals $33.75 million and includes an initial signing bonus of $6 million and then a subsequent option bonus of $4.5 million that is due next spring. The base salaries are $655,000 (2003), $2.845 million (2004), $3.5 million (2005), $4.95 million (2006), $5.65 million (2007) and $5.65 million (2008).

Back
Top Bottom