Zach Thomas: Draft Bargain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas: Draft Bargain

IceStorm

The High Tech Bong Monkey!
Reaction score
Yes, I looked first. But in my age my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Anyway, CNNSI has posted a "20 Best Draft Bargins" and Zach Thomas was part of it. He's #15 on the list.

CNNSI Draft Bargin

A classic example of why combine results aren't everything when it comes to drafting quality players: Thomas was a standout at Texas Tech, but scouts considered him too small and slow. But those who saw him on a weekly basis in college knew Thomas made up for his shortcomings with tenacity and outstanding instincts. When he came to Miami, Thomas instantly became the leader of the defense, and is consistently one of the leading tacklers in the NFL.

Interesting list, but I don't like the rankings.

I'm not sure how steve smith beats out brady or shannon sharp.

Low round picks are expected to produce, I dont think they should include anyone in rounds 1-3.

Jason Taylor was a steal too! One thing you can't knock JJ on was finding gems in the lower rounds on defense....offense, now that's another story! See Y. Green, JJ Johnson, John Avery...1st Round Bombs!:fire:

And Sammie Smith is no 5 for all time draft busts on SI.

"The Dolphins thought they'd finally solved their running back woes with this big, powerful runner from Florida State. In three seasons with Miami, Smith never averaged more than 3.7 yards per carry and was a fumbling machine with a knack for coughing the ball up at the worst times. He was basically driven out of town by a chorus of "Sammie sucks" before moving on to Denver, where he lasted only three games. "

i dont even have to look to know that tom brady is ranked #1

Edit: Guess i wus wrong

n damn jamal anderson was a 7th rounder?

Back
Top Bottom