Zach Thomas...Future HOF'er | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas...Future HOF'er

Market size means nothing. it took former Giant Harry Carson 15 years to get in and former Jet Joe Klecko still isn't close to getting in and he should be in.

Tackles are subjective and not an official stat and you can't start comparing Pro Bowls. I saw both players play and Tippett was a MUCH better player than Zach Thomas, Tippett got lost b/c he played in the same era as Lawrence Taylor.

WHY EVERY TIME THERE'S A DISCUSSION ABOUT ZACH YOUR HATING *** ALWAYS SHOW UP. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH. I HOPE YOU ARE ALIVE THE DAY HE GETS IN, SO YOU CAN EAT NOTHING BUT CROW. YOU HATER..

Market size means nothing. it took former Giant Harry Carson 15 years to get in and former Jet Joe Klecko still isn't close to getting in and he should be in.

Tackles are subjective and not an official stat and you can't start comparing Pro Bowls. I saw both players play and Tippett was a MUCH better player than Zach Thomas, Tippett got lost b/c he played in the same era as Lawrence Taylor.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.....Tippett played in an era where LB's were expected to be big sack guys liks LT but Zach never played in a defense where he was expected to rush the QB. Tackles might not be an official stat but Zach has more tackles than all but one player, and more than any other linebacker.

WHY EVERY TIME THERE'S A DISCUSSION ABOUT ZACH YOUR HATING *** ALWAYS SHOW UP. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH. I HOPE YOU ARE ALIVE THE DAY HE GETS IN, SO YOU CAN EAT NOTHING BUT CROW. YOU HATER..

I don't care if he gets in or not, I just speak the truth. yeha he had a million tackles but those stats are kept by each individual team so you don't think there was any fudging going on? plus where are these tackles happening, at the LOS, 10 yds downfield? It makes a difference. I remember when we played in '05 at the meadowlands I didn't even notice Zach was playing yet the next day on here I heard what a great game he had b/c he had 10-11 tackles. He wasa non factor in the game yet b/c people see he had a bunch nof meaningless tackles they think he had a great game.

Zach was/is a really GOOD player. he isn't great and never had been. He deserves to be in the dolphins ring of honor but not in the HOF.

Jets In The Hof??? Like No One!!

I don't care if he gets in or not, I just speak the truth. yeha he had a million tackles but those stats are kept by each individual team so you don't think there was any fudging going on? plus where are these tackles happening, at the LOS, 10 yds downfield? It makes a difference. I remember when we played in '05 at the meadowlands I didn't even notice Zach was playing yet the next day on here I heard what a great game he had b/c he had 10-11 tackles. He wasa non factor in the game yet b/c people see he had a bunch nof meaningless tackles they think he had a great game.

Zach was/is a really GOOD player. he isn't great and never had been. He deserves to be in the dolphins ring of honor but not in the HOF.
This is coming from a JETS fan that has like no one besides JOE NAMATH in the HOF so you have to understand he is frustrated with the futility of his pathetic JETS franchise that never puts any players in the HALL OF FAME!!!

This is coming from a JETS fan that has like no one besides JOE NAMATH in the HOF so you have to understand he is frustrated with the futility of his pathetic JETS franchise that never puts any players in the HALL OF FAME!!!

There are many great posters on this site but there are also many not so great posters.

A warrior in every sense of the word. Cannot see any reason he does not get in. He has more tackles than any LB in the HOF!

What Jets????

There are many great posters on this site but there are also many not so great posters.
I am not being condescending, but seriously when was the last time a NEW YORK JET was enshrined into the Hall Of Fame??

Just out of curiosity, how many of you read the link to his wikpedia page I provided, it has all his accomplishments/awards/stats. This guy is 1 of 3 men in the history of the game to record 100+ tackles in his first 10 seasons. I'm begging the haters to do some research on him, and try to find a reason why he will not get in. None of this first ballot stuff. Zach eventually getting in, plain and simple. If Zach were a Bills or Jets player, and I read all his accomplishments, I would have to admit, IMHO, he is still getting in. I have seen clips of Peyton Manning talking about Zach like he is the Peyton Manning of MLB's. Its not his physical attributes that made him great, it is his smarts, his heart and his desire to be the best. I have said it before, and will say it again, we will be lucky to see another Zach in the next decade.

Hey Jet's fan ...Joe Namath doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame either, but because he played in NYC he is in. His lifetime stats are much lousier than other more deserving QB's, but sometimes voters buy the hype.

Please be respectful to all members regardless of who they root for! Personal attacks will not be allowed or tolerated. It is about sportsmenship.:up:

Andre Tippett, Patriots LB, just made the Hall with his 5 Pro Bowls,,,,,Zach has two more pro bowls and way more tackles. :up:

First....Tippett should have NEVER made it to the hall...just way too many more deserving players in front of him and behind him.

The Hall has become a good old boy club....how many players have been waiting for decades and are over looked...that played under far worse extremes than the present players do...The Game itself has changed...it use to be guys played for the love of the game...now it's all business...all money. Players use to play with all kinds of injuries...didn't want to come out....now many of them are held back because the team has so much money invested in them...they don't want to take the risk. You look at the game of years ago compared to today...it's so different...you can't even touch a QB anymore...or they fine you or you get flagged. You can't touch a receiver after 5 yards....years ago...they held...bumped...just about did anything they could to them on their routes. They use to have the head slap...they banned that...they use to use stickem...they banned that. The use to let defenders tackle players just about any way they could...now you can't horse collar...players use to come off the field a bloddy mess after a game...now some of them come off with clean uniforms. Yes the game has changed and so has the hall.

I am not being condescending, but seriously when was the last time a NEW YORK JET was enshrined into the Hall Of Fame??

A longtime Jet? Don Maynard in 1987. A player who played w/ the Jets? Art Monk just got enshrined, Ronnie Lott and John Riggins were also enshrined since '87.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you read the link to his wikpedia page I provided, it has all his accomplishments/awards/stats. This guy is 1 of 3 men in the history of the game to record 100+ tackles in his first 10 seasons. I'm begging the haters to do some research on him, and try to find a reason why he will not get in. None of this first ballot stuff. Zach eventually getting in, plain and simple. If Zach were a Bills or Jets player, and I read all his accomplishments, I would have to admit, IMHO, he is still getting in. I have seen clips of Peyton Manning talking about Zach like he is the Peyton Manning of MLB's. Its not his physical attributes that made him great, it is his smarts, his heart and his desire to be the best. I have said it before, and will say it again, we will be lucky to see another Zach in the next decade.

You guys will never understand that tackles aren't an official stat, the teams themselves keep those stats and many people feel Miami has inflated those #s over the years. regardless of that we don't know where these tackles happened, he has more tackles than Ray Lewis but we all know Ray was a dominant player that led a great D to a Championship while Zach led D's to the postseason that gave up an average of 33 PPG in 5 playoff losses. Zach's #s would likely get him in if he played on a SB team or 2 but he's not getting in w/ his body of work for a team that was awful in postseason when they used to make it and he hasn't made it since 2001.

Hey Jet's fan ...Joe Namath doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame either, but because he played in NYC he is in. His lifetime stats are much lousier than other more deserving QB's, but sometimes voters buy the hype.

I agree w/ you. Joe's on field play was not that of a Hall of Famer BUT he was vitally important off the field which justifies his election.

All of you Zach haters piss me off. You want a stat, I will give you a stat. After being a life long Dolphin fan, and usually left wondering at the end of the year what went wrong with my team, I usually thought or blamed it on coaching. After all those years, I have in the past few years realized I was wrong all along, in my opinion the most important person on a particular team, with reguards to their success on the field is concerned is the GM.

You can tell how good a player is by the really good GM's think of them. In my opinion the best overall evaluater of talent is Bill Polian, then maybe Pioli, and then AJ Smith. I am not going to spell out all of these guys accomplishments, you just have to look at the teams they have built, their teams are always loaded.

Now to my point, even after all those seasons, the fact that he is well beyond his prime, he is a 35 year old MLB with a concussion history, and look at the teams lined up to bid for his services, not teams like Atlanta, or Cinncinati that have idiots running them, the cream of the crop, NE, Indy, and San Diego want him bad.

You can find truth much more in the actions of the truley intelligent football guys, than all the idiotic blogs, magazine and newspaper guys that do not know anything.

Back
Top Bottom