Zach Thomas happy in retirement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas happy in retirement

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the Zach. The whole loyalty thing is a bunch of crap with the triumvirant. The fact that they would not allow him to comeback and make a public goodbye is a bunch of BS. I am sure most will not care as long as BP and Co. win, but it still bothers me.
He still loves the Dolphins, too, despite the unfortunate manner in which he feels his departure was handled.
Thomas' performance level had slipped, and he carried an expensive price tag. A new Bill Parcells-Jeff Ireland-Tony Sparano triumvirate was in place with new plans. Thomas wanted to say a public goodbye at team headquarters after the 2007 season, and the request was denied. He called it a "punch in the gut" recently on a Miami radio show, and said he was told, "He's not a Dolphins player any more. He's got to do it off premises." Thomas also said on the radio show that "the whole loyalty and everything they preach ... goes out the window."
Apparently, though, anyone who studies Thomas' brain isn't going to find a pocket in which grudges were stored, either.
"I'm not going to re-light that fire," Thomas said behind the wheel of a golf cart driving down a Grande Oaks fairway. "I'm not going to be that guy who second-guesses everything the Dolphins do just because they cut me.
"I said what I said, and I meant it, but that's done. I think they're on the right track and doing the right things getting young guys who aren't afraid to work hard."
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...uppresses-any-693403.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

I have to agree with the Zach. The whole loyalty thing is a bunch of crap with the triumvirant. The fact that they would not allow him to comeback and make a public goodbye is a bunch of BS. I am sure most will not care as long as BP and Co. win, but it still bothers me.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...uppresses-any-693403.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

Zach is a class act and one of my favorite phins. I agree with what the fo is doing just not the way they are doing it.

Parcells and co have no longtime ties with ZT, while disrespectful, they do what they want.

Sometimes I think our FO has football Asperger's Syndrome. I have a child in my house with Asperger's, and they can fixate on subjects and not really understand how other people view what they are fixating on or what they are saying. A lack of social understanding. "Geek" mentality. Saying things that are not socially appropriate but in line with their fixation. I think our FO may be so consumed by football that they don't understand-or care-how the fans and public view what they do. See: Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor and Dez Bryant.

He's got to do it off premises

^^

I love Zach, must not of been that important though. That was taken directly from the quote. This new forum layout is odd to me..

New Dolphin Brandon Marshall was not allowed to hold a press conference at Dolphin's HQ. So to say that Zach could not have a press conference because he was no longer a Dolphin is BS.

wow a thread gets started about this quote like every other day on here....

Back
Top Bottom