Zach Thomas' harsh critique | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas' harsh critique

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
both.

Edit: the players have to be held responsible for their mistakes.

but the offensive Coordinator has no commitment to the running game. and i thaught that was a strength for the fins.

I dont have a problem with our coaching staff(saban), but I have to place some of the blame on them yesterday...It seemed like after a few failed attempts, that we gave up on the run. I know when your d0wn a few touchdowns you cant be running, but I just think they abandoned the run too soon. Also, what's up with our pass rush? It seemed like Cris SIMS was tearing us apart out there. Our 2ndary sucks.

Penalties  again  were part of the problem. Miami committed nine, not counting six that were declined by the Bucs. A first-quarter touchdown run on a reverse by wide receiver Chris Chambers was called back because of a holding penalty on center Seth McKinney.

That is what's killing us. You cannot win a game when mistakes are constantly sending you bakwards. I mean, we cut our penalties in half from last week (at least the ones that counted) but how do you win a game when your team cannot even grasp the fundamentals? Forget gassing these guys, bench 'em if they keep screwing up and give someone else a shot. I'd rather have a player that can concentrate and play the game, by the rules, than someone who's got their head up their ***.

I think it's time for Saban and the leaders of this team to open up a can of whipass! These penalties and sloppy play will not be tolerated anymore.

screamer said:
I think it's time for Saban and the leaders of this team to open up a can of whipass! These penalties and sloppy play will not be tolerated anymore.

Remember the movie "Full Metal Jacket"? Blanket Party!

screamer said:
I agree 110%

opfinistic said:
Penalties  again  were part of the problem. Miami committed nine, not counting six that were declined by the Bucs. A first-quarter touchdown run on a reverse by wide receiver Chris Chambers was called back because of a holding penalty on center Seth McKinney.

That is what's killing us. You cannot win a game when mistakes are constantly sending you bakwards. I mean, we cut our penalties in half from last week (at least the ones that counted) but how do you win a game when your team cannot even grasp the fundamentals? Forget gassing these guys, bench 'em if they keep screwing up and give someone else a shot. I'd rather have a player that can concentrate and play the game, by the rules, than someone who's got their head up their ***.

Yep- they'll be running more gassers this week for sure. Chambers TD called back because of penalties, a bunch more false starts- we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again yesterday. :fire: :fire:

Zach Thomas is kind of a passive leader. I've always thought he needs to be a little more vocal and pissed off. He tries to lead by example like "hey I'm doing my part now emulate that and do yours," but with some that's not enough. When guys don't play/practice well he needs to get in their face and if it's in practice make them do it again.

According to that interview it looks like that might just be what he's going to start doing.

I didn't see the game so I can't comment, but do you guys think that Saban has allowed sloppy play and bad practises to happen in order for his veterans to step up. Zach said he is going to have to be the jerk this week, I wonder if this is what Saban wants. Saban is a no nonsense coach, sloppy play, bad practises come on no way.......he is waiting for leaders to emerge.

screamer said:

Saban is doing his best to try to treat these guys like men- I thought it was a good move letting the team captains decide the punishment for the penalties. But there was no improvement in that area yesterday- it's now time for Saban to let them know it will be his way or the highway. It has gotten to the point where it's beyond ridiculous now, and it's cost us 3 games- that's WAY too many.

Back
Top Bottom