Zach Thomas HOF semi-finalist | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas HOF semi-finalist

Stats mean little when impact is in play. Zach was great, Willis was the best ILB for 7 straight years, I dunno if you can say the same for Zach.

Both will be in the HOF

I can say Zach was as impactful or more then Willis in some to most of those 7 years.

This is the football LB version of Chamberlain vs Russell debate.

Though there is no doubt Willis was far more flashy then Thomas, Zach was like a QB/Coach back there, he was one of, if not the most instinctive LB at that time.

Zach helped put people in the right position, at times yelling instruction of his thoughts quickly, and more times then not...accurately.

There is a reason Peyton Manning said he hated playing against Zach, because at times it seems Zach knew what was coming, before Peyton's teammates did.

At worst you have to put both as equally effective in what they did, and at best with the way he helped his teammates be better players, you have to say his style was more impactful if you add, when Zach hit you, you felt it for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Sorry to say, but I dont think he will get in. He deserves it, no doubt, but Willis will be a 1st ballot candidate, as will Troy P. Narrows ZT's chances massively.

If Willis gets in first ballot then the HOF is truly a joke. I find with his short career that he is a hofer at all let alone first ballot. Zach dominates in every stat, has more all pros and pro bowls and Willis never won a super bowl so don’t want to hear the team argument.

If Willis gets in first ballot then the HOF is truly a joke. I find with his short career that he is a hofer at all let alone first ballot. Zach dominates in every stat, has more all pros and pro bowls and Willis never won a super bowl so don’t want to hear the team argument.

Don't disagree, but he will eventually get in, but not this year, just to clarify what I meant o say. Willis was the media darling though.

ZT deserves it more than most. I always thought he'd end up being a coach the way the man was a student of the game. I'm glad I got to witness his brilliance.

so is there wiggle room for HOF based on things like “this was a smaller guy who played his guts out” kind of thing?

Zach Thomas was amazing, and even moreso by fact he wasnt this extraordinary physical mold playing the position.

and he was so smart and instinctive, and full speed, that he appeared to be the fastest man on the field.

Soooo much fun to watch- my favorite dolphin ever!

Last edited:
When I look at Zach’s awards/honors that was in a time when the Dolphins were not as disrespected as they are NOW by the league and the media - but, but, but it was getting there.

Other teams were the darlings of the league but Thomas was often on mediocre teams that left his amazing play unrecognized.

The hall of fame process is a political sham.

Either a player rises to the level of hall of fame or not....

Zach is unquestionably a first ballot HOF!

Any other decision in the process is bad for the league!!!

Guy was stunning!!!!

I think it would be awesome for him if he got in. ZT was an all pro but i wouldnt be shocked if he was snubbed for HOF....

Miami should have had something behind Thomas and his HOF nomination. Some sort of media push to highlight his career.

Zack is one of my favorite players of all time, hope he gets in as he made watching the Fins on D fun and exciting always waiting for his next big play

Totally deserves it but so did Bob Kuechenburg and they left him out cause they didn't like him. Zach should get in.

Back
Top Bottom