zach thomas knows what it is all about | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zach thomas knows what it is all about

skimarino13

Scout Team
Reaction score
how bout zach thomas. can we ask anything more of this guy. not only has he led our team in tackles for as long as i can remember, but he now offered to reconstruct his contract if the dolphins needed the cap room. what a team player! i love this guy. he is everything that is lost in professional sports today. some one who understands that sports should be about team loyalty and winning rather than money. Everyone says that they care about winning, but if they really did, they would walk the walk like zach thomas did and not care about the difference in millions they make. i know im rambling, but i just wish more players could be like zach and treat the business of professional sports like the actually care about team loyalty and winning

skimarino13 said:
how bout zach thomas. can we ask anything more of this guy. not only has he led our team in tackles for as long as i can remember, but he now offered to reconstruct his contract if the dolphins needed the cap room. what a team player! i love this guy. he is everything that is lost in professional sports today. some one who understands that sports should be about team loyalty and winning rather than money. Everyone says that they care about winning, but if they really did, they would walk the walk like zach thomas did and not care about the difference in millions they make. i know im rambling, but i just wish more players could be like zach and treat the business of professional sports like the actually care about team loyalty and winning

No. Zach Thomas is all HEART. The guy is inspiring. What a great athlete and teammate. I love his attitude. With his renegotiated cap space, I would love to sign a rookie LB like Greenway for Zach to mentor.

Zach is a Phin legend BUT I have to laugh when players say they will restructure to help the team and everyone says wow look at him sacrificing for the team. C'mon - do you not know what that means? I don't know his exact #'s but as an example say he has a 4 mil salary for '06 with 3 years remaining. Instead of counting 4 mil for the cap he takes 3 mil as signing bonus and now he dropped his cap # for '06 by 2 mil BUT to do that any agent worth their weight will want some future salary money added in as well so he may get 5 or 6 mil signing bonus but yet still lower his cap # for '06. Helps the team in '06 BUT it puts guaranteed money up front in the players pocket. Unless a player says I'll take a PAY CUT then they are not sacrificing - restructuring is like saying I'll take more now please! Why would a player ever NOT want to restructure and move money up?

I'm not flaming Zach here so don't rip me for that - he is awesome. I'm just making a point about restructuring contracts in general.

skimarino13 said:

Maybe ricky rubbed off on him a little. Money wise.

Zach is a god amongst men. He should give some type of presentation to all the new Dolphins each year. Teach them what it means to be a Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom