Zach Thomas makes it to the semifimalist | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas makes it to the semifimalist

Calvin Johnson gets in waaaaaaay before Wayne and Holt.
I agree. There are certain cases where a player retires early where they are a no brainer. He is a no brainer. One of the best skill sets ever. Someone brought up this week Sterling Sharpe as well. He's a no brainer if not for the injury but still has 500+ catches and 65 TD in 6 years. This was in a tough era to catch passes at that rate. He should be in as well.

Zach was my favourite player from that era. They said he was too small coming out of college but boy did he prove them all wrong.

His stats stack up against other more naturally gifted and physically greater LB’s which made his feats even more impressive.

Surely just a matter of time. Hope it’s this year fingers crossed.

Zach was my favourite player from that era. They said he was too small coming out of college but boy did he prove them all wrong.

His stats stack up against other more naturally gifted and physically greater LB’s which made his feats even more impressive.

Surely just a matter of time. Hope it’s this year fingers crossed.

It gets harder not easier with more time. At least that’s my understanding.

Statistically, Zach should be in, before a lot of other guys. For those saying it isn't fair, I would agree, but life is rarely "fair".

It is called "Hall of Fame", not hall of statistics. It is what it is. The only way that will change, is to take sports writers/reporters out of the voting equation.

Calvin Johnson gets in waaaaaaay before Wayne and Holt.
CJ has less receiving yards and receptions then both of them. And only 1 more TD than Reggie and 9 more than Holt......no, no he doesn't. What did he do to go before them? Did he win a SB? Was he top 5 in any stat? Nope....he was dominant for a few years, but being dominant doesn't mean you are HOF

CJ has less receiving yards and receptions then both of them. And only 1 more TD than Reggie and 9 more than Holt......no, no he doesn't. What did he do to go before them? Did he win a SB? Was he top 5 in any stat? Nope....he was dominant for a few years, but being dominant doesn't mean you are HOF

he most certainly does as his career was 5 years shorter than Wayne and 3 shorter than Holt.

Johnson was the best receiver in the NFL for all nine seasons. Don’t know what you are talking about with that.

he most certainly does as his career was 5 years shorter than Wayne and 3 shorter than Holt.

Johnson was the best receiver in the NFL for all nine seasons. Don’t know what you are talking about with that.
Have to agree here. Its not the hall of longevity. Were not talking about a guy that played for 3 years here.

Holt and Wayne were both very good, but both also played in very prolific offenses. CJ never had that luxury. He dominated in spite of his situation, rather than because of it.

How great it would be if Zach enters the same year as Manning. I bet Manning would include him in his speech. He always said that Zach was the best defensive player he ever faced because Zach would sniff out what they were going to do.

Please let this be his time.

LOL what?

Uh, he put up his numbers in 80 less games than Wayne and 40 less than Holt. Pretty simple that he was a far better receiver than both by miles. Imagine if he played out his career. Like imagining if Barry Sanders did. This is a no brainer.

How great it would be if Zach enters the same year as Manning. I bet Manning would include him in his speech. He always said that Zach was the best defensive player he ever faced because Zach would sniff out what they were going to do.

Please let this be his time.
That would be a great!

Back
Top Bottom