Zach Thomas One Of 25 Semifinalists For Hof Class Of 2019 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas One Of 25 Semifinalists For Hof Class Of 2019

Zach was an overachiever. Kudos to him for being recognized but I think he's one of the most overrated Dolphin players in franchise history.

Maybe Peyton Manning will write a letter to the HOF like Brady did for JT. Because didn't Peyton once call Zach one of the best and smartest LBers he's ever played against?

Zach was an overachiever. Kudos to him for being recognized but I think he's one of the most overrated Dolphin players in franchise history.
Mind explaining why you think that is the case?

tenor.gif

What??? Anybody who actually saw Zach play,that truly knows football, would disagree. Hell Peyton called Zach one of the smartest most diligent players he's ever played against, overrated my ass.

I can see what LaughingGod is talking about.

he’s still a great LB but didn’t dominate the league like Lewis or Urlacher did. Yeah he may of had the tackles, whoopty doo, but he never made noise when it mattered most. Always played the worst during games that mattered. The playoffs.

He’s a HOF based on raw #s alone but he was easily a distant 3rd for best LB in football during his prime.

Couldn’t disagree with you more. The experts at the time said he wouldn't make in the NFL, and look at how his career turned out. One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Given the physical limitations of Zach Thomas he probably had to work twice as hard as any other star LB in his era. To suggest he's not worthy of HOF consideration because of Urlacher and Lewis is like saying Brees should't be considered because of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Even without your Dolphin tinted spectacles on you can see this guy is/was HOF class.

I really hope he gets in. Great player who gave 100% on every play of every game. We haven't have a LB that good since he left which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom