Zach Thomas Overrated??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Overrated???

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is he a lil bit overrated by now??? Sure he's done great for us, and sure he's still doing good, but lets face it........ He's getting old, and the ONLY knock you could have EVER had on him was his lack of speed(and maybe size) Well he's getting slower. I still think he's great, but not the player he was 5 years ago, and OK overrated may be a bit harsh, but people have said that Sam Madison is overrated, and even Jason Taylor, so if those guys are overrated then so is Zach. Personally if i had to lose any of them, I'd rather it be zach........ I can't be the only one that wants a Lavar Aarington type of LB with Size, blazing speed and hits like a mack truck. Zach makes a TON of plays, but how many times have you seen him get engulfed by a O-Lineman, or even a FB.

Take this post for what it's worth. I'm NOT saying he isn't a really good player, HE IS!!! And he plays his Heart out!!! But if yall are gonna throw around names like MAdison, or Surtain to be traded, then why not Zach???

Oh, and on a side note.......Am I the only one that wants to see the defense get more of an attitude, and get pumped up more? I mean they did a really good job against a tough Tenn. D but they still seemed to just be going through the motions

Overrated by the fans basically..... The media doesn't really give him too much hype, never really did, but some of the fans think he's god!!!

Zach Overated? What are you smoking dude??????????? He was in on 13 tackels sunday. Sure he has hit 30 but I don't see him slower then two or three years ago. I think he has two more solid years in him before I see any decline in his play

Read the whole post before you comment........ I said he was a Great player, but he is aging, and if you're gonna talk about trading some of our best defensive players on D, then why not Zach???

But oh yea I forgot........When some of you have an opinion that's THE ONLY WAY everyone else is allowed to think as well

outlawd2u said:
Read the whole post before you comment........ I said he was a Great player, but he is aging, and if you're gonna talk about trading some of our best defensive players on D, then why not Zach???

But oh yea I forgot........When some of you have an opinion that's THE ONLY WAY everyone else is allowed to think as well
Everyone ages. But when you talk about who you want on Defense, Zach is ALWAYS mentioned because he brings more to the defense besides talent. He brings fire and determination. Other players look to him.

If we trade someone, it should be someone with depth behind them. I was on the trade Madison bandwagon the last few years (especially when we had Cousin, TBuck and a young and first round pick Jamar Fletcher still on the roster.)

Now with Will Poole and Reggie Howard, he may be the best possible defensive player to move in a trade.

jaxdolfan said:
If we trade someone, it should be someone with depth behind them. I was on the trade Madison bandwagon the last few years (especially when we had Cousin, TBuck and a young and first round pick Jamar Fletcher still on the roster.)

Now with Will Poole and Reggie Howard, he may be the best possible defensive player to move in a trade.

I have a sneaking suspicion that pat surtain has a degenerative knee. I tend to think Madison will be a phin forever.

gee, how can you post overrated when the dude has 13 tackles. what color is the sky in your world?

no he isnt overated year in and year out he is the heart and oul of this defense
if someone is to be traded trade Madison cause we have the depth to cover his mediocre play for the last couple years....But who would we have to replace Thomas??..... Eddie Moore?? NO WAY!!!

zach is smart too. he makes all the adjustments up front and calls any defensive re-arrangements. he does a damn good job at it too

I think that our whole D is overrated. Most of the fans like the think that we have one of the best D in the NFL. Maybe we did last year but from what I watched of the game Sunday Tenn pretty well did what they wanted to do against our D. They had a 100 yard rusher in the 1st half.

Not to mention that they lost 3 key players in the game against us. Kearse, George, Callico.

I really hope Feeley works some miracles because if not I think we may be in for a long season.

Back
Top Bottom