Zach Thomas Overrated??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Overrated???

Shamboubou said:
I think that our whole D is overrated. Most of the fans like the think that we have one of the best D in the NFL. Maybe we did last year but from what I watched of the game Sunday Tenn pretty well did what they wanted to do against our D. They had a 100 yard rusher in the 1st half.

Not to mention that they lost 3 key players in the game against us. Kearse, George, Callico.

I really hope Feeley works some miracles because if not I think we may be in for a long season.

1 long run made those 100 yards other than that you talkin' only allowing 3.2 ypc otherwise which is respectable to allow.When timbo is healthy nobody will get more than 65 yds on us.

trade zach?
hes the only jersey i have brother
when u think dolphins you gotta think zach
heart and soul period........

trade?
trade for what

outlawd2u said:
Is he a lil bit overrated by now??? Sure he's done great for us, and sure he's still doing good, but lets face it........ He's getting old, and the ONLY knock you could have EVER had on him was his lack of speed(and maybe size) Well he's getting slower. I still think he's great, but not the player he was 5 years ago, and OK overrated may be a bit harsh, but people have said that Sam Madison is overrated, and even Jason Taylor, so if those guys are overrated then so is Zach. Personally if i had to lose any of them, I'd rather it be zach........ I can't be the only one that wants a Lavar Aarington type of LB with Size, blazing speed and hits like a mack truck. Zach makes a TON of plays, but how many times have you seen him get engulfed by a O-Lineman, or even a FB.

Take this post for what it's worth. I'm NOT saying he isn't a really good player, HE IS!!! And he plays his Heart out!!! But if yall are gonna throw around names like MAdison, or Surtain to be traded, then why not Zach???

Oh, and on a side note.......Am I the only one that wants to see the defense get more of an attitude, and get pumped up more? I mean they did a really good job against a tough Tenn. D but they still seemed to just be going through the motions

I tape the games so I can watch the line play over and over. The things that I always see with Zach is he reads the play quicker than any of our linebackers, is a bullet through the hole, rarely misses the correct hole, and always wraps up. I didn't see him any slower this game than anytime last year. While he may be a little slow covering a back out of the back field, his anticipation in the run game makes him one of the fastest LBs in the league going forward. I watched Junior's play throughout the game and he's still knocking heads and making plays but on a few plays he completely missed the hole and the back had a good gain. Zack is more consistant. His only downside is when the opposing team can get a lineman head up on him, and in this last game I only saw it a couple of times. So until I see a perceivable change in ability, I say let's ride this horse.

THIS IS A BUST!!
PUT THE PIPE AND LIGHTER DOWN, AND LIFE WILL GET BETTER!!
Zach shut the critics up years ago, now get over it and move on!!

outlawd2u said:
Is he a lil bit overrated by now??? Sure he's done great for us, and sure he's still doing good, but lets face it........ He's getting old, and the ONLY knock you could have EVER had on him was his lack of speed(and maybe size) Well he's getting slower. I still think he's great, but not the player he was 5 years ago, and OK overrated may be a bit harsh, but people have said that Sam Madison is overrated, and even Jason Taylor, so if those guys are overrated then so is Zach. Personally if i had to lose any of them, I'd rather it be zach........ I can't be the only one that wants a Lavar Aarington type of LB with Size, blazing speed and hits like a mack truck. Zach makes a TON of plays, but how many times have you seen him get engulfed by a O-Lineman, or even a FB.

Take this post for what it's worth. I'm NOT saying he isn't a really good player, HE IS!!! And he plays his Heart out!!! But if yall are gonna throw around names like MAdison, or Surtain to be traded, then why not Zach???

Oh, and on a side note.......Am I the only one that wants to see the defense get more of an attitude, and get pumped up more? I mean they did a really good job against a tough Tenn. D but they still seemed to just be going through the motions
Gives his heart out every game, I don't think that's overrated. The man is making almost every play for our defense, he's the captian. I don't think he will ever get traded because we will lose our team morale.

If we trade Zach, wouldn't his brother-in-law Mr. Taylor be less than happy?

These guys are going to finish their careers together. And if they don't, if Zach is traded, I'm sure Taylor would either quietly lose all respect for the Fins organization and demand a trade or just stop playing with purpose.

Zach Thomas looked the best I have ever seen him for a long time on Saturday. That tackle he made on that reciever by the first down was first rate. Its a shame that Tennessee got such a good spot. Its been a while since I have seen Zach make one of those sweet-*** tackles on his own. Brings be back memories of the Pittsburgh game a long time ago when he owned Jerome Bettis.

You know this is not a good post. The guy is one of the leaders in the league every year in tackles and at his position.

No one puts him up where Lewis is, but he is a top LB. WHy woudl you give up arguable your best defensive player? Not this year at least. Zach has another year or two before this becomes a relevant topic.

No offense, but this a ridiculous thread. You admit he's a great player then you imply that he's declining b/c of age but you do it after another fantastic performance. Therefore, there's no evidence of decline. The only evidence is that he's still a great player. Why would you trade a great player who is showing no sign of declining?

If Zach gets mangled by an offensive lineman that usually means a D. lineman gave up his gap responsibility.

Good teams attack Zach with throws right at him with a TE.

Is he over rated? Hale no!

When I think of over rated I think of Mike Vick or the Saints Offensive line.

Zack is fine.. its the "Oh we have great corners" argument that bothers me... Last nights game (GB vs Car) proved one thing to me..
Offensively.. to start the second half.. its crucial to score on your opening second half drive.. and defensively... good defenses make critical stops at critical times... and a majority of the time when a team busts a 3rd and whatever to sustain a drive.. and kll our hopes.. its usually with a pass. Id rather have no interceptions.. and have a team that can make those stops... id rather give up a 1500yrd rusher for a TEAM that score in the clutch!

Canadian DolFan said:
Your outta ur mind.
I wish you people would stop copying my avator & sig, fine an original one for yourself.

Dphins4me said:
I wish you people would stop copying my avator & sig, fine an original one for yourself.

Thats wrong! :lol:

I can see if it was a generic helmet but dang!

Did you design that or is it off the net?

outlawd2u said:

One word for this! NO!:eek:

Zach is a players player. Bro Bowl regular proves that. He never been afraid to put himself in harms way and he is a leader by example. Get rid of him and weve lost a guy who can make a difference every time he steps onto the field. Dumb post if ya ask me.

Back
Top Bottom