Zach Thomas Ranked #6 MLB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Ranked #6 MLB

I think that's about right to be honest. I know some people will flip out here that he's #6 but for an older MLB on the downside of his career that list has him placed perfectly.

MikeO said:
I think that's about right to be honest. I know some people will flip out here that he's #6 but for an older MLB on the downside of his career that list has him placed perfectly.

I agree. He's placed about where he should be.

sounds pretty accurate. ALthough I"d rate Fletcher at the top of the 3rd tier, instead of bottom of 2nd tier.

He might not be an elite middle linebacker, but a lot of teams would love to have him manning their middle

I agree he is in the right place. A sports writer saying he isnt an elite middle lb and people around here think he is a first ballot hall of famer

MikeO said:

I think so too.

You look at what the guys in front of him have (on the bottom chart). Basically age, size and strength. Maybe a little speed/agility. But I think they did him justice. Look at the awareness and tackling. Look at toughness and importance. Acceleration.

Zach's a smaller guy on the wrong side of 30. But he's got gas left and he does a lot of things well. I think it's a good ranking.

Yes it is a fair rating for ZT and the other LB's. ZT will always play like a top LB on the field and i hope that he can do even more damage in the new defense.

DonShula84 said:
I agree he is in the right place. A sports writer saying he isnt an elite middle lb and people around here think he is a first ballot hall of famer

The homer in me says, "Hell yeah!!". :tongue:

You can be non-elite and still be a first ballot guy. Marino wasn't elite when he finished. Imagine Zach with a Super Bowl ring. Really strengthens his case for the Hall. First ballot, I don't think so. But that'd get him in IMO.

I think he was elite for a good while. At 32, just below that (as ranked on the list). I still have a ton of confidence in the guy though. He's still a sure thing on the field in my book.

I think Urlacher is one of the most overrated players in the NFL...

FakeSpike13 said:
I think Urlacher is one of the most overrated players in the NFL...

nice one man :) Only the Jets could give up a MLB going nowhere and have him turn into a top three Lb after he left :lol:

Muck said:
The homer in me says, "Hell yeah!!". :tongue:

You can be non-elite and still be a first ballot guy. Marino wasn't elite when he finished. Imagine Zach with a Super Bowl ring. Really strengthens his case for the Hall. First ballot, I don't think so. But that'd get him in IMO.

I think he was elite for a good while. At 32, just below that (as ranked on the list). I still have a ton of confidence in the guy though. He's still a sure thing on the field in my book.

I agree. If we win a Super Bowl, or he wins an MVP award or both it would greatly help his chances.

Can somebody please explain to me why he would improve his HOF chance if he wins the SB? It doesn't make sense really.

PhinDude88 said:
Can somebody please explain to me why he would improve his HOF chance if he wins the SB? It doesn't make sense really.

For a borderline guy a Super Bowl looks good on the resume.

Back
Top Bottom