Zach Thomas selected to his sixth Pro Bowl and discusses the honor. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas selected to his sixth Pro Bowl and discusses the honor.

dolphindan1970

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry if I overlooked this already up somewhere.Not to long of an article, hope you dont mind posting it all.

Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas was selected to his sixth Pro Bowl and discusses the honor.
1)Is this year’s Pro Bowl selection is extra special?
"Definitely, it’s a great honor. The one thing you have to remember is it takes your whole team to have somebody [make the Pro Bowl]. With the scheme that we have and the players, the defensive line Pro Bowl players that we’ve got up front, this defense is very rewarding to the linebacker, so you should make plays. It is a great honor mainly because coaches and players are the majority of the vote. That gives you a lot of perspective, so it is a very good honor."
2)Is the selection more special because of the injuries you have suffered and the struggles of the team at the beginning of the season? "Yes, because if we were winning in the beginning, we would have a lot more guys out there. We have a Pro Bowl D-line, like Kevin Carter, (Keith) Traylor and Vonnie (Holliday). Those guys are Pro Bowl-caliber players. You just have to win and there will be more guys that go. With the two games I missed, it was a question mark, but it is a great honor. I am just happy to be able to go back out there and never take it for granted."
3)Is it bittersweet that you are receiving this honor but the Dolphins are not going to the playoffs?
"Yes, but you know what?
What we are doing right now -- this four-game win streak -- after the Cleveland game, I’d be happy with what we got right now. We are playing well. Everybody is playing to win and it’s fun. It makes it fun with work. It doesn’t make it work when you are winning. Let’s just keep winning and let’s take this into the next year."
4)How happy are you for Chris Chambers, who made his first Pro Bowl?
"I’m very happy for Chris. It is well-deserved. He’s a great player. That’s another position that depends on a lot of different things, especially a quarterback throwing a good ball or seeing him open. He’s a talent. He’s one of the top up there, it’s well-deserved. Even last year it could have been deserved."
5)What are your feelings on Jason Taylor being selected again?
"I’m real happy for J.T. It was the same things about him (at the beginning of the year) about how he was going to fit into the system and things like that. It is well-deserved."
http://nfl.com/features/squibkicks/

Back
Top Bottom