Zach Thomas supports Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas supports Saban

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Found this quote on one of the Phins.com articles...thought it was worth posting since we had some "dolfans" posting how he was being a cancer to the team. Sorry, I don't buy it. Zach is all heart and done nothing but play hard for us.

Zach Thomas:

"Everybody says he's a disciplinarian. That's fine," Thomas said of Saban. "There's different ways of coaching. They misquoted me in the paper (Saturday) and said I didn't want one in here. That's garbage. I never said that. You all heard it from me.

"I just said Coach Bates is doing a hell of a job, and he'll be a hell of a head coach some day. But I hope he doesn't leave. I'm selfish. I want him to stay with the scheme that we have. That would be a good 1-2 punch, with both of them working together."

nice to see he came around

MikeO said:
nice to see he came around

He didnt "come around". His original words were taken out of context. He was never against Saban in the first place.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Found this quote on one of the Phins.com articles...thought it was worth posting since we had some "dolfans" posting how he was being a cancer to the team. Sorry, I don't buy it. Zach is all heart and done nothing but play hard for us.

Zach Thomas:

"Everybody says he's a disciplinarian. That's fine," Thomas said of Saban. "There's different ways of coaching. They misquoted me in the paper (Saturday) and said I didn't want one in here. That's garbage. I never said that. You all heard it from me.

"I just said Coach Bates is doing a hell of a job, and he'll be a hell of a head coach some day. But I hope he doesn't leave. I'm selfish. I want him to stay with the scheme that we have. That would be a good 1-2 punch, with both of them working together."

Well that clears that up.

Bates just needs to be more agressive on defense, don't go vanilla.

Anyways, I think the reason Zach and JT get angry about the disciplinary comments is the fact is they don't need discipline, but I bet he realizes that his teammates need some discipline(aka the oline)

Wheres EronousFlint, im sure hed love to read this!:roflmao:

DOLFANMIKE said:

Zach Thomas:

"

Statistically the Defense is ranking pretty good each year for the last 5 or 6 years, however, it's no way a Championship Style Attacking Defense. They are paid the most, and they consistently underachieve with their potential, and Bates has been running it during each and every collapse over the last 5 years. He is part of the problem. His scheme doesn't translate. Saban will change that within 2 years.

We have far too many players that feel safe in the cage, and are afraid of change. They have failed, and their views mean nothing at this point. It's time to give them the boot. Clean house!

ChambersWI said:
Bates just needs to be more agressive on defense, don't go vanilla.
Exactly! Bates' scheme just insn't Attacking. He's NEVER adjusted to the style, and I just don't think he ever will. Saban may keep him, but I think he ends up with Wanny @ Pitt.

ChambersWI said:
Anyways, I think the reason Zach and JT get angry about the disciplinary comments is the fact is they don't need discipline, but I bet he realizes that his teammates need some discipline(aka the oline)
Zach always plays his heart out, but he can be controlled since Greenwood, Rodgers(past), Seau, and Moore, just haven't had comparable production.

Jason can make a huge play at times, but sometimes he just vanishes in games. Everytime I see him do his ***** heartbreaker sack BS, I just say what a moron. He's still too light, and can't consistently dominate his man 1 on 1.

Zach may be here next year, but Taylor could be traded for the good of the team if Saban can land an suitable impact DE in free agency or the draft.
Madison and Surtain could also be heading out of town in trades.

Change is good, as long as the end result is a highly diciplined team, and I can't wait for the off-season.

All Hail Saint Nick!

Thanks, good find.

I couldn't understand how a player with Thomas's discipline would object to a coach who enforced discipline.
From some of what I've read on Saban, he appears to like to blitz more than Bates has with the Dolphins. It would be interesting to see what they could accomplish together.

PhinFan2006 said:
Jason can make a huge play at times, but sometimes he just vanishes in games. Everytime I see him do his ***** heartbreaker sack BS, I just say what a moron. He's still too light, and can't consistently dominate his man 1 on 1.
with good DEs hard to find, why not just keep JT and go after another good one for a duo like we had last year? If we get rid of JT that leaves us with some cap relief, but not a relief proportionate to the team's loss.

The main, and really only, problem with the D under Bates the past few seasons, has been that due to the offense not being able to consistently control the ball, i.e. doing their part, the D ends up getting worn down late in the year by having to be on the field too much.
IF...we could just add an O-line like KC's, and even keep the rest of the personnel exactly the same, IMO, we'd be just fine and a contender to go deep in the playoffs as soon as 2005.

MrClean said:
The main, and really only, problem with the D under Bates the past few seasons, has been that due to the offense not being able to consistently control the ball, i.e. doing their part, the D ends up getting worn down late in the year by having to be on the field too much.
IF...we could just add an O-line like KC's, and even keep the rest of the personnel exactly the same, IMO, we'd be just fine and a contender to go deep in the playoffs as soon as 2005.

I wish we could work a trade for Denver's O-line in exchange for a TON of picks..... Denver's O-line would make Cecil the Diesel look like Terrell Davis!

texasPHINSfan said:
with good DEs hard to find, why not just keep JT and go after another good one for a duo like we had last year? If we get rid of JT that leaves us with some cap relief, but not a relief proportionate to the team's loss.
I'll agree it's tough to replace him, however, we might be able to get a first rounder for him, and stock up the picks, and use the money saved on someone like Edgerin James, or Shaun Alexander.

A high profile RB is a must to help the offense next year, James would be the best. How the hell could the Colts keep him after this season right?

PhinFan2006 said:
I'll agree it's tough to replace him, however, we might be able to get a first rounder for him, and stock up the picks, and use the money saved on someone like Edgerin James, or Shaun Alexander.

A high profile RB is a must to help the offense next year, James would be the best. How the hell could the Colts keep him after this season right?
true, but we don't have to lose JT to get one of those guys.... JT isn't even in the top 3 most cap-hitting salaries on defense.... and we have little depth at DE. I'd rather trade Surtain for Shaun or James... that would make more sense.

then draft another CB or Safety.

Back
Top Bottom