Zach Thomas supports Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas supports Saban

Get rid of JT??? That's beyond retarded! Do you know how long it would take for another DE to fill his shoes???

After sifting through all this ridiculous talk about trading or releasing JT and ZT, I want to chime in on the Bates as "D" Coordinator. Remember that Wanny was the head coach. I think that speaks volumes on why the "D" was so conservative at times. This wasnt Bates fault. I see bates letting the guys go in more of an attack style if he is under Saban.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Found this quote on one of the Phins.com articles...thought it was worth posting since we had some "dolfans" posting how he was being a cancer to the team. Sorry, I don't buy it. Zach is all heart and done nothing but play hard for us.

Zach Thomas:

"Everybody says he's a disciplinarian. That's fine," Thomas said of Saban. "There's different ways of coaching. They misquoted me in the paper (Saturday) and said I didn't want one in here. That's garbage. I never said that. You all heard it from me.

"I just said Coach Bates is doing a hell of a job, and he'll be a hell of a head coach some day. But I hope he doesn't leave. I'm selfish. I want him to stay with the scheme that we have. That would be a good 1-2 punch, with both of them working together."
I'm so sick of the drama that ZACH can't do no wrong thats crap and you know he said and you know he said it I like the guy but lets take the blinders off!!!

PhinFan2006 said:
Exactly! Bates' scheme just insn't Attacking. He's NEVER adjusted to the style, and I just don't think he ever will. Saban may keep him, but I think he ends up with Wanny @ Pitt.

As a coach of 20 years, and someone that has been brought up in JJ's 4-3 scheme that Bates runs, I can tell you first hand that if you think our Defense isn't an attacking style defense, you really need to study up some more on it and learn what the reads and responsibilities are. The base scheme is very aggressive in nature and the reads / responsibilities are attacking in its base scheme. I posted a detailed explaination of our LB's keys some time ago that is somewhere in Flippers finest. Check it out if you want more details.

Just because a blitz isn't called for a specific spot doesn't mean the scheme is vanilla. A few coaching clinics could straighten up that misconception about the Bates defense. There are many, many problems that come along with going away from the scheme we run. The scheme isn't responsible for any so called collapse ....its players that missed tackles, blocks, catches, and failed to make other routine plays that have hurt our winning effort over the past several years. Not the scheme.

PhinsPhan said:
Jason Taylor is dominant. No one in the NFL, and I repeat no one can dominate their man every single down. Add on top of this Taylor is usually up against the LT (other teams best OL) and he is always 1) Double Teamed 2) Chipped 3) chopped. He has demanded the attention of TE on his side for half of every down he plays. Also, if Taylor knows it is a pass. Take that sack against cleveland for example. They cleared out the backfield and left him one on one and look what happend. Bottom line Taylor is one of the most relentless players in the NFL. The national media underrates this guy but I never would have thought a dolphins fan would have. Last five years he is one sack behind Strahan down that 5 year stretch. This year, he has little motivation to play. I am positive he is partially injured from before and yet he still produces. As far as him being too light. It doesnt matter how much you weigh when you are still out muscling 330 pound linemen, which i have seen him do many times. We should be lucky to have players like him and Thomas. Plus, there is no way to trade him. Too much cap penalty and we would have no reason to trade him.

Message to everyone. Please stop talking about trading players like this is Madden. It is not that easy in the NFL. Have you ever wondered why there is hardly any major deals. This year there have been 3 trades which is quite high. Trades dont happen because the costs incurred on the cap are too big if the players contract is large. Players like Madison and Taylor have too big of a contract to just trade them.
BEST POST I"VE READ IN WEEKS.....

FuturePhin said:
Hey hey!! Cecil the Diesel was preaty good. If it wasnt for his "peeping tomanitious"(of that girl) he would be the star running back that we drafted him for. Check the film when he ran for LSU. I was a fan and man was he good.
maybe he was good in college but sucked in the NFL.

in '99 when he played for us his YPC average was LOWER than Pritchett, JJ Johnson, AND Kareem Abdul Jabbar that same year behind the same line!..... he was the 4th best RB on our team of the afore-mentioned "crew", and those guys were hardly stars.

When we played indy (i guess when you say he "lit it up", he rushed 21 times for 76 yards and one receiving TD). hardly amazing stats.

other than that he rushed for 97 yards in one game but never broke 100 yards in his career in a game in the NFL and never topped 60 yards any other game of the year other than those two.

He sucked guys!

and his peeping problem has nothing to do with his rushing skills.

but it doesn't matter - Denver's O-line could make him look like Edgerrin!

What'd I tell you guys? Saban isn;t even coaching our team yet and some of our boys are already changing their tunes...This is a good sign, we have a great bunch of guys on our team and they will embrace our new coach...They liked Wanny, they liked Bates, and now they will like Saban.

Surferosa said:
He didnt "come around". His original words were taken out of context. He was never against Saban in the first place.

LOL...YUP.

I think its a little tough for us to judge anyhow. Afterall, how many of us have been around the Fins practices, meetings, or other team functions. If all you have toi base an opinion on is what you read in the papers your better off keeping your yap shut.....too much misinformation and bias in Miami to count on that.

FinaciousOne said:
Thanks, good find.

I couldn't understand how a player with Thomas's discipline would object to a coach who enforced discipline.
From some of what I've read on Saban, he appears to like to blitz more than Bates has with the Dolphins. It would be interesting to see what they could accomplish together.
Exactly...makes no sense.

PhinFan2006 said:
I'll agree it's tough to replace him, however, we might be able to get a first rounder for him, and stock up the picks, and use the money saved on someone like Edgerin James, or Shaun Alexander.

A high profile RB is a must to help the offense next year, James would be the best. How the hell could the Colts keep him after this season right?

so ur all for getting rid of defense to help offense..ok...but ur getting rid of the Dline, we need quality guys on the dline and THE BEST LINEMAN we have, thats ignorance at its finest. u want to bring in edge or shaun. NO andd.........no. edge is going to be tagged and shaun will be too expensive. so where do u propose we go in the draft??.

Predaphin said:
What'd I tell you guys? Saban isn;t even coaching our team yet and some of our boys are already changing their tunes...This is a good sign, we have a great bunch of guys on our team and they will embrace our new coach...They liked Wanny, they liked Bates, and now they will like Saban.

I think you are right. Saban will also get some of our guys into a more mature mode. He'll rub off on them.

Back
Top Bottom