Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed

3rdandinches

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-thomas-trade-12th-pick-for-brandon-marshall/

Interesting perspective from a veteran player!

On Marshall: “With Brandon Marshall it’s about money. If you pay the guy well he’s gonna play hard. He even played hard last year. He’s got a lot of pride, and he can be a little selfish, but good players are selfish. Look at a guy like Terrell (Owens), guys can go to extremes. But Brandon Marshall is a proven player; he’s still young, and I feel he’s best in the league right now.

I'd give up a 1st in 2011 but some think (Sirius Radio) if you wait until after April 15th when the tender is off you could negoiate a better deal.

I've usually wanted to stay away from this guy but for some reason (Henne's developement, makes everyone else better, great run blocker, threat to score from everywhere on the field, will draw a constant double team etc...) I think this is a move we would not regret. He puts our offense into potentially elite company (we really need to get a true threat at TE aswell) and as long as M.Nolan can improve our defense nobody will want to face us in the playoffs for years to come.

im on board! you could make a case that just looking at the football side of things, he is the best WR in the league, taking into account age etc.. 1000+ every year 100+ catches every year, its no coincidence either that Jay Cutler had a very down year and kyle orton had a career year.

With this situation I feel like I'm back in the early parts of the offseason in 2007, and the Dolphins are acting all high and mighty on character issues and everyone on here is saying they wouldn't want any part of Randy Moss.

Then the Patriots get him and everyone says in unison "Oh ****".

lol could you imagine Denver with back to back picks?

Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain....

Not going to happen as New England could give one of 2 first round picks from next season plus one of 3 second round picks this season.

It would be sick facing him,Moss,and Welker twice a season...who do you double team???

With this situation I feel like I'm back in the early parts of the offseason in 2007, and the Dolphins are acting all high and mighty on character issues and everyone on here is saying they wouldn't want any part of Randy Moss.

I would hate to see that again but they are different circumstances.

If he were brought in by Miami I would have a positive perspective towards it but it's one thing when you have an attitude problem (Moss' situation in '07) versus possible legal issues (Marshall).

We all know he is a few b*tchslaps away from getting into serious trouble.

Either way I'm gonna be pumped if he became a Fin even though it's a risk.

I didn't. Randy Moss would have been **** on the 2007 team. He plays well when things are going his way and they're winning. The minute it stops, he chumps out like he did last season.

I wouldn't give up this years first round for him but I WOULD give up our 2nd round or next years first. Normally I wouldn't even want a guy with his past on our team but the Dolphins get MUCH better on offense with this guy. I would make sure that we work an exit strategy concerning his contract if he acts up. However he is PROVEN and YOUNG and EXACTLY what the dolphins need at WR. I would pay him with GUARANTEED money with escalator clauses concerning performance bonuses that are ATTAINABLE. Additionally with Penny signing back on to keep Henne progressing, Marshall furthers his transition into a starting caliber qb. Right now Henne's growth is being stunted by our lack of WR play. I don't care what anyone says. No legit deep threat is HURTING Henne's maturation. You can bank on that.

I wouldn't give up the number 12 pick in this years draft because we have a very good shot at Kindle, Thomas, McClain or Dan Williams.

Something even more to think about is if teams wait for Marshall and the broncos let him go for a second, we could technically trade down in the first round and get our second pick back and go for a guy like Sean Weatherspoon or Kindle (some drafts have him going middle to late 20's). I have to look at the "value" chart for trading down from number 12 is but I would think it may be worth a 2nd round pick if we swapped 10 spots or something in the 1st especially with a team with multiple draft picks.

That would be the "best" scenario I could think of. We get Marshall, fill a long time need potentially later in the first round and recoup a 2nd round pick.

Ph this is going to turn in to a monkey **** fight at the zoo! But it will be fun! :lol:

The consensus seems to be that our #12 pick is just too high for him. But what if we asked for Sheffler and Marshall for our #12. Would you guys be ok with that if this were on the table?

I don't think a #1 WR fixes our issues. The Saints success on offense wasn't predicated on having a #1 WR. I'm not saying that Colston wouldn't qualify as a #1, but when he's out of the line up, they don't miss a beat. They have a great system - run by a great OC. Brees is a big part of it, but he's not a better QB than Manning, and the Saints had the better offense - had the superior system. Just as we were limited as long as we had PP, we'll be limited as long as we have Henning. Henning isn't as bad as PP, but he's behind the times.

A #1 would help a little, but it won't get us where we need to go. With Nolan, our D will get there. I'm hoping the D is enough to make up for the predictable deficiencies on offense - #1 or no.

Trade down with someone else, get an extra second, then trade for marshall.

Exactly what I said a few posts up. I just looked at the "value" chart teams use on draft day. It is VERY feasible for us to do this and get a first round pick somewhere in the early early 20's and STILL get a 2nd round pick around 50.

Weatherspoon could very well be on the board in the early 20's. Marshall + Weatherspoon + 2nd round pick would be very exciting.

Back
Top Bottom