Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Thinks Marshall Needs To Be Signed

Either way... if we dont make a play on marshall..and we dont make any big acquisition at reciever...our wr corp will continue to get the same respect out there.. they can live with bess catching them passes as well as camarillo...its guys like hartline they worry about...hes the only one that can create a big play consistantly, and he still isnt enuff...ginn...not so much..they can live with him burning them and dropping a pass

See our defense can say things like "We dont play the player we play the scheme, we dont care who is out there" Thats a horrible and primitive way to play defense...You think other teams dont have a plan on shutting wade down? If his support cast steps up then the monster is bigger.. Our defense did that because they didnt have to guard anybody dominant..thats why our corners got beat so badly and our secondary sucked.. Its because of who they practice with....if we get marshall you cant play the scheme, you have to account for that or suffer the consequences...then when those happen you are forced to adjust...

If your plan is to not get Marshall then what exactly is the plan then? Tell us because if we dont have a plan and we think we are set at WR then, then i dont even know

Gonzo, those guys are mediocre. Through like 8 weeks last season, they had about 2 TD's. Bess? Does he even average 10 yards a catch? Camarillo? C'mon are you trying to pump up Greg Camarillo? Mediocre as ****. Hartline has potential, but again, not a #1. Marshall needs to be brought in. Or can we count on Parcells for another Wilford/Turner mop this offseason? He's 2 for 2 with the 6'5" WR's.
Clearly you don't understand the different roles of the position and the skill sets required for each. You go in with the mindset that every WR on the roster is supposed to be a "#1." Hartline, Cam, and Bess were never expected to be #1's.

Also, if you didn't expect Turner to be a project going in, that's a failure on your part.

With this situation I feel like I'm back in the early parts of the offseason in 2007, and the Dolphins are acting all high and mighty on character issues and everyone on here is saying they wouldn't want any part of Randy Moss.

Then the Patriots get him and everyone says in unison "Oh ****".

If we could get him for the same price (4th rounder), I'd be all for it.

Clearly you don't understand the different roles of the position and the skill sets required for each. You go in with the mindset that every WR on the roster is supposed to be a "#1." Hartline, Cam, and Bess were never expected to be #1's.

Also, if you didn't expect Turner to be a project going in, that's a failure on your part.

Bull. Without the #1 WR, these guys are in spots that they shouldn't be, and we see what happened there. You're failing to comprehend that this front office is asleep at the wheel in not only their philosophies, but urgency. If they only care about acquiring filler guys, then hey I guess we shouldn't make plans for much success. We saw how quickly modernized teams like the Colts and Saints can score.

Honestly, what can we expect? Parcells hasn't won jack **** in 20 years.

I wouldn't trade a pick for MARSHALL until MIAMI got some picks via trade. The most logical choice to be traded is PENNINGTON, assuming his surgery and rehab are successful. I've seen speculation that if the surgery/rehab are successful, there's a few teams out there who would be very interested, and "a 2nd and a 3rd" to "just a 2nd" was the estimated range of PENNINGTON's price.

If that were to happen, ONLY then would I trade for MARSHALL, and it still wouldn't be for a 1st. But a 2nd plus something more...yes.

Zach Thomas must be one of those people that overlook Andre Johnson. Andre is the best in the league. That's not just an opinion it's a fact. Back to back 1500 yard season is pretty amazing. I don't even know who was the last receiver to record 3000 in two seasons. Now for Andre I would give up a first round pick, class act WR and simply the best there is in the league.

ZT is the smartest guy in football. If he says it's a good move, then it's a good move. Period.

ZT is the smartest guy in football. If he says it's a good move, then it's a good move. Period.

I wouldn't say he's the smartest, but he is smart and I agree with him 100%

If we don't sign a #1 Wr then I'll watch the games from home. Last year was brutal.

Back
Top Bottom