Zach Thomas to retire/wants to re-sign with Dolphins

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

AggieFin21

The 12th Man
Reaction score
Easy call. Lets get it done. Outstanding football player and a top Dolphin. Gonna be missed Z.

H4wt Pocket

Active Roster
Reaction score
We absolutely have to do this for him. He gave his heart and soul for years for this team and it's fans, and it's the least the Dolphins can do for him. He is without a doubt my favorite Dolphin and pro athlete of all time.

It's sad that we won't see him play again, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. Concussions are very serious and can lead to health problems later on in life, and I wouldn't want him to play and have his problems worsen.

normaniii

Starter
Reaction score
We absolutely have to do this for him. He gave his heart and soul for years for this team and it's fans, and it's the least the Dolphins can do for him. He is without a doubt my favorite Dolphin and pro athlete of all time.

It's sad that we won't see him play again, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. Concussions are very serious and can lead to health problems later on in life, and I wouldn't want him to play and have his problems worsen.
totally agree & bring him in as some sort of coach, same as Cowboys did with Dat Nguyen.

If Manning states that the brightest mind he played against was Zach, why waste it?

Vaark

Nihil taurus crappus
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
This is a FO, coaching staff and ownership group that have no connections to ZT, although I'm sure Ross, as a lifelong fan, holds him in the same affectionate esteem as the majority of us do. So I'm confident they will happily accommodate his request - maybe even find him a place in the organization.

However, if for one reason or another, they reject it, I'd be at the least as upset with the Fins as I've been at any time within the last 5 years!

#1dolphinsfan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
If BP didn't sign him for one day so he can retire a dolphin that would be messed up

Gadsden86

#1 Oronde Gadsden & Cameron Wake Fan
Reaction score
Sad to see him retire but its his time to do so.
Was great for a long time and hope the Phins resign him to that contract.

redclamcrowder

Cure for the Common Person
Reaction score
I agree about retiring Thomas' number. The guy was small in size, but played with enormous heart and dedication (something missing from many of today's players). He will always live in my memory as one of Miami's best. Hopefully the Dolphins will grant him the ability to retire as a Fin.

Top Bottom