Zach Thomas to retire/wants to re-sign with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas to retire/wants to re-sign with Dolphins

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Easy call. Lets get it done. Outstanding football player and a top Dolphin. Gonna be missed Z.

We absolutely have to do this for him. He gave his heart and soul for years for this team and it's fans, and it's the least the Dolphins can do for him. He is without a doubt my favorite Dolphin and pro athlete of all time.

It's sad that we won't see him play again, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. Concussions are very serious and can lead to health problems later on in life, and I wouldn't want him to play and have his problems worsen.

We absolutely have to do this for him. He gave his heart and soul for years for this team and it's fans, and it's the least the Dolphins can do for him. He is without a doubt my favorite Dolphin and pro athlete of all time.

It's sad that we won't see him play again, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. Concussions are very serious and can lead to health problems later on in life, and I wouldn't want him to play and have his problems worsen.

totally agree & bring him in as some sort of coach, same as Cowboys did with Dat Nguyen.

If Manning states that the brightest mind he played against was Zach, why waste it?

This is a FO, coaching staff and ownership group that have no connections to ZT, although I'm sure Ross, as a lifelong fan, holds him in the same affectionate esteem as the majority of us do. So I'm confident they will happily accommodate his request - maybe even find him a place in the organization.

However, if for one reason or another, they reject it, I'd be at the least as upset with the Fins as I've been at any time within the last 5 years!

If BP didn't sign him for one day so he can retire a dolphin that would be messed up

Sad to see him retire but its his time to do so.
Was great for a long time and hope the Phins resign him to that contract.

I agree about retiring Thomas' number. The guy was small in size, but played with enormous heart and dedication (something missing from many of today's players). He will always live in my memory as one of Miami's best. Hopefully the Dolphins will grant him the ability to retire as a Fin.

Back
Top Bottom