Zach Thomas vs. Brian Urlacher | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas vs. Brian Urlacher

Who would you rather have and/or the best player?

• Zach Thomas

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • Brian Urlacher

Votes: 76 53.9%

• Total voters
Only a bunch of homer Dolphin fans would take Zach Thomas over Brian Urlacher...... This has got to be the funniest post I have ever seen.

BigSaint8050 said:
Only a bunch of homer Dolphin fans would take Zach Thomas over Brian Urlacher...... This has got to be the funniest post I have ever seen.

Agreed. This is as close as the Brady Vs. Culpepper thread (where are those who were singing that flute?) . In this thread, about 50 % would tell you that Urlacher is better. But if you have this thread in a Bears forum, not one bears fan will vote towards Thomas. Not to take anything away from Zach, but Urlacher is just better at this point.

1stDown said:
Agreed. This is as close as the Brady Vs. Culpepper thread (where are those who were singing that flute?)

Right here waiting for Culpepper to get healthy.

As far as Urlacher vs. Zach goes, check this out from The Sporting News...

SN: When Sporting News came out with an anonymous poll of talent evaluators two years ago that said you were the most overrated player in football, how did that affect you?

Urlacher: "At first I thought it would motivate me to prove everybody wrong. It ticked me off when I first saw it. But then I was like, you know what, Zach Thomas was on the list. How do you call him overrated?"

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=144212

Finole said:
Right here waiting for Culpepper to get healthy.

As far as Urlacher vs. Zach goes, check this out from The Sporting News...

SN: When Sporting News came out with an anonymous poll of talent evaluators two years ago that said you were the most overrated player in football, how did that affect you?

Urlacher: "At first I thought it would motivate me to prove everybody wrong. It ticked me off when I first saw it. But then I was like, you know what, Zach Thomas was on the list. How do you call him overrated?"

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=144212

Time will tell on Pepp Vs Brady. But it doesn't look too good. Respect for sticking behind what you said before though.

I never said Zach is overrated. Just that BU is better.

1stDown said:
Time will tell on Pepp Vs Brady. But it doesn't look too good. Respect for sticking behind what you said before though.

I never said Zach is overrated. Just that BU is better.

Thanks.

The point isn't whether or not Zach or Urlacher are overrated. The point is the fact that Urlacher gave Zach props.

To put it another way: Zach is Obi Wan Kenobi. And Urlacher is Luke Skywalker.

muscle979 said:
It's over twice as high with only four extra seasons.

ONLY four extra seasons....?????

With four EXTRA seasons, a quarterback can go from Johnathan Quinn to Brett Favre.

Favre, himself, proved that. Look at the Manning boys.

I'm not taking anything from Zack. He certainly is an awesome LB.

....I'm just saying.

Give someone FOUR EXTRA SEASONS...and you'll see a world of difference.

HULKFish said:
Based on what??? Zach is the better in pass coverage and had many years in man to man coverage... He is easily better against the run NOW too.

Please. Zach is absolutely atrocious in pass coverage (and he's one of my favorite players!).

Look, Urlacher is taller and faster. He is pretty darn good in pass coverage. He gets to the QB more often. I think we're beginning to see Urlacher coming into his prime. So, Zach or Urlacher during their primes? Urlacher all day.

KuD said:
They are both beasts and very comparable in skill and statistics. Considering that neither one is better than the other, they are a couple of the elite LBs in the league, i'll of course take the hometown boy. The Zach Attack Jack.

Its funny though what Zach does each and every year, and nobody cares. They'd rather hang on Urlacher and Ray Lewis.

I have been a Zach Thomas fan for years. I'm also a Bears STH and will be at the game Sunday. I have been looking forward to seeing them play in the same game since I saw it on the schedule. Felt the same way when Ray Lewis came to town last year. Bears won that one, 10 - 6. What a game.

HULKFish said:
Based on what??? Zach is the better in pass coverage and had many years in man to man coverage... He is easily better against the run NOW too.

sorry but urlacher is wayyyyy better against the pass u can see that just from watching 1 bears game

Zach is one of my favorite Dolphins, my kids all have his jersey and I respect what he does on the field. With that being said, Urlacher is on a completely different level. This shouldn't be close, 30 out of 30 GM's would take a prime Urlacher over a prime Thomas.

colmax said:
Please. Zach is absolutely atrocious in pass coverage (and he's one of my favorite players!).

Look, Urlacher is taller and faster. He is pretty darn good in pass coverage. He gets to the QB more often. I think we're beginning to see Urlacher coming into his prime. So, Zach or Urlacher during their primes? Urlacher all day.

That is funny!! Ronnie easily avoided Urlacher on a couple passing plays!!

That opinion is rediculous, Zach has one of the best interception/TD records at his position in football!! :sidelol:

well...Urlacher wasn't taking over our game or running sideline to sideline against our "sorry" offense. Ronnie ran it straight up the Bear's gut (i.e., right into Urlacher's territory) all day long while bouncing to the outside for some decent gains. Urlacher's good...but like Sports Illustrated survey said...he's the 2nd most over-rated player (as voted by 300 players themselves) and it clearly shows on this thread as well as many people apparently think Urlacher is head and shoulders above Zach, which isn't true by any stretch.

jbond said:
I don't suppose you noticed that Zach has 4 TD's to his credit in 11 years......Urlacher has....ZERO. That 6 pts (7 w/the kick) is a HELL of a lot better then making a 3rd down stop in the middle of a long 70+ yard drive.

...they're both GREAT LBs so not knocking either one. I'd like to have either guy on my team but after having ZT for the past decade....I wouldn't trade those years for a future with another one (hypothetically speaking).

Exactly JBond. If the thread starter's intention was to see how many members would choose either LB today, then of course you go with the younger player. Career-wise it has to be Zach bias or not.

How quickly people forget ZT was in a man scheme early & for most of his career. A scheme that gave him more responsibilities than your average MLBer. And for the poster who alluded to Zach giving up that big play to pit's heath miller, uh two words "safety responsibility." Anyway, getting FOUR TDs is a major feat for any backer, especially a middle linebacker covering someone who is always faster. For the naysayers here, wrap your brain around this -

There's only 16 Linebackers in the HOF and for the sake of argument here's the modern day and famous LBs INT & TD stats:
D. Butkus 22 ints(0 TD), 1 FR TD

J. Ham(OLB) 32 ints(1 TD), 1 FR TD

T. Hendricks(OLB) 26 ints(1 TD), 1 FR TD

J. Lambert 28 ints(0 TD)

Willie Lanier 27 ints(2 TD)

R. Nitschke 25 ints(2 TD)

M. Singletary 7 ints(0 TD)

Bobby Bell(DE/OLB) 26 ints(6 TD) 2 FR TD

Dave Wilcox(OLB) 14 ints(1 TD), 1 FR TD

I left out LT because he's in a class by himself, but all of these guys were beasts as well. My point is Zach, in his prime, was a dominating force in his own right.

As far as Urlacher goes I equate his early career w/Seau's. Junior made many many plays all over the field, but he also missed a great number as well. Same goes for Brian. A player's first step is so important in the NFL it's not even funny. Fortunately, Urlacher has the physical skills to masked his missteps. But what happens when he starts to decline or gets a leg injury like last week? I'll tell you, he has to be more cerebral and no other MLB today comes close to Zach.

Oh almost forgot, what would happen if BU is put in a 3-4 scheme (away from his comfortable tampa 2) where he would be forced to fight through the wash? Hypothetical? Yes, but ask Ray Lewis what happened a couple of years back when he was forced-feed the thirty four. ZT adjusted and he is still making plays, although I wish Capers wouldn't blitz him so much.

Exactly JBond. If the thread starter's intention was to see how many members would choose either LB today, then of course you go with the younger player. Career-wise it has to be Zach bias or not.

How quickly people forget ZT was in a man scheme early & for most of his career. A scheme that gave him more responsibilities than your average MLBer. And for the poster who alluded to Zach giving up that big play to pit's heath miller, uh two words "safety responsibility." Anyway, getting FOUR TDs is a major feat for any backer, especially a middle linebacker covering someone who is always faster. For the naysayers here, wrap your brain around this -

There's only 16 Linebackers in the HOF and for the sake of argument here's the modern day and famous LBs INT & TD stats:
D. Butkus 22 ints(0 TD), 1 FR TD

J. Ham(OLB) 32 ints(1 TD), 1 FR TD

T. Hendricks(OLB) 26 ints(1 TD), 1 FR TD

J. Lambert 28 ints(0 TD)

Willie Lanier 27 ints(2 TD)

R. Nitschke 25 ints(2 TD)

M. Singletary 7 ints(0 TD)

Bobby Bell(DE/OLB) 26 ints(6 TD) 2 FR TD

Dave Wilcox(OLB) 14 ints(1 TD), 1 FR TD

I left out LT because he's in a class by himself, but all of these guys were beasts as well. My point is Zach, in his prime, was a dominating force in his own right.

As far as Urlacher goes I equate his early career w/Seau's. Junior made many many plays all over the field, but he also missed a great number as well. Same goes for Brian. A player's first step is so important in the NFL it's not even funny. Fortunately, Urlacher has the physical skills to masked his missteps. But what happens when he starts to decline or gets a leg injury like last week? I'll tell you, he has to be more cerebral and no other MLB today comes close to Zach.

Oh almost forgot, what would happen if BU is put in a 3-4 scheme (away from his comfortable tampa 2) where he would be forced to fight through the wash? Hypothetical? Yes, but ask Ray Lewis what happened a couple of years back when he was forced-feed the thirty four. ZT adjusted and he is still making plays, although I wish Capers wouldn't blitz him so much.

Amen, brother..by the way @@@@ the JETS..

Back
Top Bottom