Zach Thomas will be a COACH! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas will be a COACH!

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Zach would be a terrible coach because he does not control his emotions well enough. A successful coach needs to mitigate (if not counterbalance) the emotions of his team most of the time.

Yea, Coaches like Lombardi, Shula, Parcels, Ditka, and even Saban have done a great Job of hiding their emotions. :rolleyes:

BALLS DEEP said:
clear.gif

Yeah you're right. It's all about controlling your emotions obviously.

clear.gif

:rofl3:

:spit: :sidelol: :roflmao: :lolcry:

tay0365 said:
Yea, Coaches like Lombardi, Shula, Parcels, Ditka, and even Saban have done a great Job of hiding their emotions. :rolleyes:

I am not talking about hiding your emotions. The issue is not letting the emotions cloud your perspective. Yeah, Saban yells at guys on the field and during practices. But he understands how to make his guys feel good about themselves without feeling too good, and how to make his guys feel bad without feeling too bad.

Case in point: the 24-hour rule. If we win, we enjoy it for 24 hours, then we watch film and fix the things we did wrong for the next game. If we lose, we mope for 24 hours, then we watch film and build on the things we did right for the next game. You pump your guys up when they're deflated, and you burst their balloons when their egos get inflated.

The goal is to keep the team on an even keel emotionally while perfecting the X-and-O part. Read some of Zach's post-game quotes over the years and you'll see that is not one of his strengths, to put it mildly. Perhaps his only deficiency.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Zach would be a terrible coach because he does not control his emotions well enough. A successful coach needs to mitigate (if not counterbalance) the emotions of his team most of the time. You're rarely as bad as your last loss and rarely as good as your last win. But with Zach, the opposite is the case. When things are good, everything is the greatest ever. When things are bad, it's, "we suck, we're terrible, we'll never win another game."

Not to say that he couldn't master the X-and-O part of it, or that he is not my favorite current Dolphin. But as a coach? No thanks.

I'm fairly sure that Zach would know what to say when, y'know? As for fiery and emotianal, so is Gruden. Chuckie is a mess! And didn't Saban BREAK his headphones after that safety grabbed Jake's facemask?

Zach would fit right in. He could coach for my Dolphins any day!

tay0365 said:

Don't forget Cry-baby Vermeil

Im not sure what Zach could do as a HC, honestly (not saying he cant do it, chances are he can, i just dont know lol), but I'd LOOOOOVE to see him at least as the LB coach, him or Seau..one of the two. Those guys are so fundamentally sound and have such an instinctive feel for the LB position (along with an intense passion for playing the game) that I'd love to see our younger guys like Donnie, Channing, and whoever we pick up over the years learning from one of those guys.

If Delrio can do it I have all the faith in the world in Zach. During the season he studies more film than anyone and in the offseason he likes to spend most of his time in the library. So im sure he was joking about the swiss thing or because he was so focused about football (the interview was after pactice in the locker room) he didn't care about a stupid question like that.

Back
Top Bottom