Zach Thomas? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas?

I think what a lot of people miss is the one stat that isn't recorded in the books. That is leadership.

There is no question who is the leader on that defense in Baltimore. None.
Although Ray Lewis's stats may not measure up to Zach's, Ray is why that team is the #1 defense in the NFL.

Leadership goes a long way and on that Ravens team, it runs deep.

Superself said:
Ray is why that team is the #1 defense in the NFL.

Ya, it's has nothing to do with Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Chris McAlister, Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, I could go on.. :eek: Ray may be a great leader, but like you said it runs deep on that team. I'll take Zach over Ray any day, Ray is on the back 9 of his career for sure.

D_BO said:
Ya, it's has nothing to do with Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Chris McAlister, Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, I could go on.. :eek: Ray may be a great leader, but like you said it runs deep on that team. I'll take Zach over Ray any day, Ray is on the back 9 of his career for sure.

...and Zach isn't?

Those players you just mentioned are not the leader that Ray is. They all look up to Ray. The difference in the way they play when he isn't on that field is very clear to me.

Superself said:
...and Zach isn't?

Those players you just mentioned are not the leader that Ray is. They all look up to Ray. The difference in the way they play when he isn't on that field is very clear to me.

I didn't say Zach was a spring chicken, but he is having one of his best seasons ever, not so much for Ray Ray.. That Ravens defense is sick this year, and I don't know that the defense plays much worse when he's not in there, they won both games this year that he didn't play in.. Point is, Zach is killing him this year in production, which should determine who plays in Hawaii, not how loud you can shout before the game..

unifiedtheory said:
I wrote the idiot an email, thought I'd share:

Tremendous. Please let us know if he writes you back.

D_BO said:
I didn't say Zach was a spring chicken, but he is having one of his best seasons ever, not so much for Ray Ray.. That Ravens defense is sick this year, and I don't know that the defense plays much worse when he's not in there, they won both games this year that he didn't play in.. Point is, Zach is killing him this year in production, which should determine who plays in Hawaii, not how loud you can shout before the game..

Its not how loud you shout, but who you inspire to play at or above their peak....Ray brings that. Some people hate him for it, but that is good leadership and the results are not something you can discount.

Superself said:
Its not how loud you shout, but who you inspire to play at or above their peak....Ray brings that. Some people hate him for it, but that is good leadership and the results are not something you can discount.

ya, ya, I DID say Ray was a great leader, but that alone should not get you into the pro bowl.. Ed Reed also has those same characteristics, but he follows it up with tons of production. Ray is and has been on the decline for a few years now, Zach deserves to go before Ray this year, PERIOD!

Superself said:

If being a great leader got you into the Pro Bowl the same players would be there every year. How would a rookie ever get voted in.

The Pro Bowl is there to reward players for a great individual season, not how well you motivate your teammates.

D_BO said:
ya, ya, I DID say Ray was a great leader, but that alone should not get you into the pro bowl.. Ed Reed also has those same characteristics, but he follows it up with tons of production. Ray is and has been on the decline for a few years now, Zach deserves to go before Ray this year, PERIOD!

u are completely right, 4 yrs. ago ray lewis was better than ZT. Now ray lewis's production has dropped off much quick than zach part of that has to do with his injuries but it is still true. Zach is a better MLB right now than Ray Lewis is, and has been for 3 or 4 years now. personally i think that london fletcher should be in over Al Wilson and the MLB's be.
1) London Fletcher
2) Zach Thomas

Back
Top Bottom