Zach Vigel UDFA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Vigel UDFA

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I cannot believe that this guy did not get drafted. He seems big, humble, and hungry with some nice tape to match. I wanted Denzel or Kendrick's as much as the next guy, but with our big boys up front, I can see a guy like Zack stepping in up as janitor very early in the season.

I look at our draft and I am impressed; I look at our UDFA signings and can't help but think we have a couple of rosterable ILBs on that list who will see playing time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qOgnR5hzzIg

If it was up to me i'd keep Hull, Luc and Vigil on the squad and cut Paysinger.

Paysinger is worth keeping for his special teams play alone, even if he is just average at LB.

[SUB] I work with 2 of Zach's uncles up here in Northern Utah. In fact, 1 of his uncles and I have been on the same work crew for the past 12 years and are really close friends. I couldn't be more excited. A few things on Zach:

- Miami Defensive coaches called Zach once a week since the draft process began to check in on him and let them know they were very interested.

- The Vigil family was shocked when Miami didn't take him in the 5th but due to Miami's interest and our MLB situation, Zach agreed to sign with Miami the second he got the phone call. He didn't want to wait and field offers from other teams.

- Baltimore called Zach on day 3 of the draft and told him to stay close to the phone. I'm very glad they didn't pull the trigger.

- Zach is going to make this team. I have no doubts of it. The kid has fire, talent, and thrives by playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's livid that he didn't get drafted but ended up on the team he felt like he'd be on all along.

I mi will be more than happy to pass on his insights of the team, coaching staff, fellow players, etc. as time goes by. He and his uncle are very close and they talk a few times a week, so I'm planning on hearing some good stuff. [/SUB]

[SUB] I work with 2 of Zach's uncles up here in Northern Utah. In fact, 1 of his uncles and I have been on the same work crew for the past 12 years and are really close friends. I couldn't be more excited. A few things on Zach:

- Miami Defensive coaches called Zach once a week since the draft process began to check in on him and let them know they were very interested.

- The Vigil family was shocked when Miami didn't take him in the 5th but due to Miami's interest and our MLB situation, Zach agreed to sign with Miami the second he got the phone call. He didn't want to wait and field offers from other teams.

- Baltimore called Zach on day 3 of the draft and told him to stay close to the phone. I'm very glad they didn't pull the trigger.

- Zach is going to make this team. I have no doubts of it. The kid has fire, talent, and thrives by playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's livid that he didn't get drafted but ended up on the team he felt like he'd be on all along.

I mi will be more than happy to pass on his insights of the team, coaching staff, fellow players, etc. as time goes by. He and his uncle are very close and they talk a few times a week, so I'm planning on hearing some good stuff. [/SUB]

Thx for sharing Aqua Man - Four 5th round Draft picks are never enough. It tells me that they must really like some of these other guys (eg Bobby McCain, Cedric Thompson and Lippett) because Vigil was a decent prospect available in a position of need.
Q) What do you see are Zach Vigil's strengths and weaknesses?
Some of these guys just need to get their foot in the door and then they will show what they can do.

his problem is his hips...stiff cant drop them...heck he even says after his pro day in an interview when asked what he needs to work on "my hips"...no doubt he heard that directly from scouts...for good reason

good luck fixing it...not fluid enough...lateral change of direction will smoke him

Hooshoops is right: he needs to be more fluid in his hips. He'll be a beast in the run game and his instincts and straight line speed make him a very effective pass rusher on the blitz. Ironically enough, he reminds me so much of our other Zach (Thomas) when he entered the league, but with a bigger frame. Much like Zach, his tenacity and "want to" is what's going to make the difference for him.

Hooshoops is right: he needs to be more fluid in his hips. He'll be a beast in the run game and his instincts and straight line speed make him a very effective pass rusher on the blitz. Ironically enough, he reminds me so much of our other Zach (Thomas) when he entered the league, but with a bigger frame. Much like Zach, his tenacity and "want to" is what's going to make the difference for him.

yeah there's things to like but you can't be straight line and play lb...you get exposed by 2 way go backs and change of direction and when he breaks down to tackle unless it's directly in front of him he's gonna struggle at the next level especially

watch one of his pass rushes can't remember which game i saw it on but he's clean he comes around the corner and he just can't drop his hips and flatten and redirect to the qb...it's a major issue at lb...not the pass rush ability cause that's mostly blitz thru gaps stuff etc but the lack of hip fluidity and the athletes are a lot better in the pros

A few decades ago, the draft was longer. All 3 of the LBs mentioned were considered draftable, i.e. 5th-7th rd guys.
Jeff Cross was a 9th rd pick back in the day.

With Vigil and Hull I am shocked didnt get drafted... even like in late 7th... great we scooped them up quick to give them chances. They bring talent and ability to possibly make this work out for them making the team!!!

Nice !

his problem is his hips...stiff cant drop them...heck he even says after his pro day in an interview when asked what he needs to work on "my hips"...no doubt he heard that directly from scouts...for good reason

good luck fixing it...not fluid enough...lateral change of direction will smoke him

Why am I reminded of a Shakira song?

Back
Top Bottom