Zach wants a 1st and 3rd for Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach wants a 1st and 3rd for Ricky

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/09/30/a10c_finsnotes_0930.html
Ricky ramifications: With some teammates downplaying it, Thomas said the loss of Ricky Williams "definitely affects us," and that he hopes Williams comes out of retirement so Miami can trade him for draft choices.

"Hopefully he comes back and we'll get a first and a third," Thomas said.

Konrad said even if Williams was in the Dolphins' backfield, he wouldn't have improved the NFL's worst rushing offense.

"Ricky's not going to magically make holes appear or make guys miss like Barry Sanders would," Konrad said. "I don't know if Ricky makes a big difference with what we have going on right now. I don't think he would have a much better yard-per-carry average than we do right now."

Maybe Zach should be the GM. :lol:

In all seriousness, I think we'd be lucky to get a mid-round pick (3rd or 4th rounder) for Ricky.

I think the only way we get a high pick is if its a conditional 2006 pick. And of course Ricky would have to stay outta trouble.

In all seriousness, I think we'd be lucky to get a mid-round pick (3rd or 4th rounder) for Ricky.

You may be right. And if that's the case, I say let him rot.

unless you get a high first rounder or more, let him choke on his own decision.

No way any team will be willing to give up that much. Teams know it's nearly impossible for him to ever play again in Miami. Miami would be best served to take the offer and run

I think the only team we could get a 1st rounder out of is Oakland. I think Norv is desperate enough to take a chance on him.

any team willing to give up a 1st round pick would be crazy. RW is a unstable pothead (IMO)that's way too big a price to pay....BTW the Raiders might:tongue: and as for Zach I love the guy,but he's nuts if he thinks were getting a 1st & 3rd for POTHEAD.

Get whatever we can for him and then let our defense take out their frustrations on his pot-smoking-a$$ the first time they play...that will almost be worth a first rounder seeing J.T. and Zach get to smash him in the face a couple of dozen times...:D

I think the only team we could get a 1st rounder out of is Oakland. I think Norv is desperate enough to take a chance on him.

Norv Turner needs to sell the idea to Al Davis then. I mean Ricky is a former heisman so he has a better chance then 50% of being traded to Oakland. Then again this is Al Davis' decision because we all know that Norv is Al's puppet, and Norv only wipes his Arse when Al says its ok too.

2 teams have already made big mistakes w/ trading high draft picks for Ricky do you really think a 3rd will attempt it?

we can probably get a 2nd for him... with a conditional pick in 2006

2 teams that could be interested are the Cards and Eagles....Both have depleted backfields.I'll take a 2nd and a 5th for him....I reallly like the Idea of RW going to the Cards though!!

If we don't get at least one first out of him....let him rot for three years.
It's not going to hurt us anymore than what it has already. The worst is over.
Motivate him to sell himself or sit at home, slowly going broke.
No more skin off our nose.

Back
Top Bottom